booster club meeting

ndndad

Wanted to give a shout out to all of you who took your time to come out and help make last night a success. The track meet was great and the concession stand was busy all night. Saw some new faces last night. Thank you. We are trying to build a community effort to help all of the kids in some way. Last night there were a couple of people that I know of that have kids that play football. They told me that they came out to help last night because their kids are on varsity and they can't work the Friday night games but wanted to be able to contribute. WAY TO GO !! That is what we are trying to promote. This is a very good start. We needed help with concessions and did not want track parents to have to miss their child or grandchild compete. So others stepped up to the plate. And they might have had a little fun while they were at it :ha: And we were able to make a little money for all of the programs. Gotta love it.

Thanks to everyone for last nights effort........

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
lu cards said:
we have around $50,000 in the building fund or close to it.i agree some that the booster club needs to do some things better but taking on concessions was a huge task.the prior boards have had there hands full getting it to the point it is today.the pngabc board is being taken over by the athletic secretary.she will keep it updated but it may be another month or so before its up and running.we are working on the email list and hope to get more updates out.any help is always appreciated.if anyone wants to get more involved we have 4 main committees-fundraising(mainly concessions),merchandise,golf tourney and membership.feel free to messsage me and ill put in contact with those committee heads.may 1st will be the start of the 4th year of the booster.in 3 years we have given over $100,000 to indian athletics(hs and jr high).that is an unreal number and the guys that work together and went to school together played a big part in this.the positives of the booster club far outweigh any negatives.there will be a club meeting in march that would be a good chance for anyone to bring up any issues and maybe volunteer to help us fix them.

You would think with all the alumini and businesses in this area their would be alot more than $50,000.00. Has anyone approached Huntsman, Total or BASF???

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Was the original goal $300,000? If 1500 supporters gave just $200, it's done.

With a community of at least 5,000 families, and an alumni base of probably 20,000+, and some famous alumni with millions in the bank, and all the local businesses, you'd think it could be quickly raised.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Was the original goal $300,000? If 1500 supporters gave just $200, it's done.

With a community of at least 5,000 families, and an alumni base of probably 20,000+, and some famous alumni with millions in the bank, and all the local businesses, you'd think it could be quickly raised.

I know, very disappointing!!!!! Hate to be negative, but this may sway Coach into thinking there is a lack of financial support for the program from the community and alumni. The fanbase support is there, but not the financial support. This fundraiser has been going on almost 2 years and just to raise 50,000.00 would be very disappointing to a coach trying to build a top notch program. I think Permian raised their funds in the matter of a couple months and theirs cost over a Million.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
In defense of Port Neches and Groves residents, there is a large percentage of elderly and low income families. But there should still be enough to get it done.

From afar, it looks like Port Neches and Groves citizens and fans take what they have for granted. This is a special time. A level of excitement that has seldom existed since the 1970s.

The property is there, the plans are developed, the approval has been acquired, and the current athletics program has proven to be excellent and seemingly on the verge of something greater.

I guarantee there are 50 well off families and businesses that could contribute the balance almost overnight. Someone needs to find the right buttons to push.

bandkid

Staff member
I think the continued economic problems and the state's funding cuts took the focus off of new projects and put it on maintaining what we already have.

That said, it still isn't off the table. If someone got busy and led the charge, the drive would probably come up with the money. It's just a matter of someone doing the legwork.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
I agree with you both. I am afraid if Coach decides to leave the current administration would be content to go back to mediocre. There is a couple current board members who could careless if we have a winning program.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It seems like the Phillips family would be an obvious possibility. 'Bum and Wade Phillips Activity Center'. It would be a legacy to their football excellence, and benefit thousands of students, and the community for decades to come. Has anyone proposed the idea?

PORT NECHES-GROVES ISD
'BUM' AND WADE PHILLIPS
ALL PURPOSE FACILITY​

OldEagle

500+ Posts
The only place I ever hear about this building fund is on this site. While a lot of fans log on here I bet a lot of good fans may never use this site (I know it is hard to believe!). Maybe some sort of public campaign should be made with perhaps a big board showing the goal and how much has been donated to date.

bark

1,000+ Posts
OldEagle said:
The only place I ever hear about this building fund is on this site. While a lot of fans log on here I bet a lot of good fans may never use this site (I know it is hard to believe!). Maybe some sort of public campaign should be made with perhaps a big board showing the goal and how much has been donated to date.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
use a board like other fundraisers do, a bar graph with the total at the top and how much raised filled in to that level.

I know a PNG ex that tells me he would be happy to donate 25k as soon as the total is close and he can be assured of the District commiting to fund the ongoing cost of insurance, utilities, repairs, etc...He is from Groves and has spoke with a few others, not just me. He lives abroad but comes to our class reunions every 5 years.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Justafan said:
With Bum's ties to Nederland also would he be willing?

With his recent years of multi-million coaching salaries, I bet Wade has a lot more assets than Bum. So maybe just the Wade Phillips building.

Squaw1

EMIRE
IndianFan said:
Justafan said:

With his recent years of multi-million coaching salaries, I bet Wade has a lot more assets than Bum. So maybe just the Wade Phillips building.
REMINDER: Bum Phillips had a very bad experience with our past Booster Club and, in fact, he's the coach that shut it down. I doubt he's a very big fan of any booster clubs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Booster Club is just an organization. If he were to choose not to recognize that he could probably donate the funds directly to the school/ISD.

bandkid

Staff member
Justafan said:

Bum may have coached at Nederland, but Wade graduated from PN-G. Remember, it wasn't a Nederland shirt he was wearing at Mid-County Madness. ;D

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores