OT Wallace
Hurkey MCCutcheon
Kim Dyer
Don Shaw
Laura Trahan
Holly Sartin
David Green
Mark Thompson

The website is in the process of being updated. I am not sure of how much money had been collected for the building. Hope this info helps. BTW, I don't think all of these folks graduated together, nor do they work together ;)
*(*********************************************************************************

Thanks so much - lokks like a good diverse group of men and women. Hope they continue the good work.

ndndad

Bark,
You are right. It is a great group that is trying really hard to make a difference for the kids. With all of the budget cuts the schools are faced with, the difference has to come from somewhere. As LuCards said " we will be focusing on four areas". The thought is not to get overloaded and do the basic things right. Membership has been an issue for some reason. I don't know that the commmunity as a whole has a good understanding of what the ABC does. Information is the key. We are working to improve that. As the year goes by I think you will see a change in key areas for the better. Bottom line is we are striving to make this a community effort to help the kids of the community. Isn't that what PNG is all about ? For now pass the word to everyone you see. Come out and join us. We will be getting the information on how to join and when the meetings are in multiple ways trying to make sure everyone knows. Until then help us out and pass the word :woot:

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNDAD said:
Bark,
You are right. It is a great group that is trying really hard to make a difference for the kids. With all of the budget cuts the schools are faced with, the difference has to come from somewhere. As LuCards said " we will be focusing on four areas". The thought is not to get overloaded and do the basic things right. Membership has been an issue for some reason. I don't know that the commmunity as a whole has a good understanding of what the ABC does. Information is the key. We are working to improve that. As the year goes by I think you will see a change in key areas for the better. Bottom line is we are striving to make this a community effort to help the kids of the community. Isn't that what PNG is all about ? For now pass the word to everyone you see. Come out and join us. We will be getting the information on how to join and when the meetings are in multiple ways trying to make sure everyone knows. Until then help us out and pass the word :woot:
Well said. I agree, information is the key, in that no information leads to questions of why.

Membership levels are probably low due to never having a BC. I think t is great that there is/will be a new group every 2 or so years - leads to new ideas and more openness.

Go NDN's

pngmom4

500+ Posts
I am liking where this topic is going! I feel like we, members of the BC, are getting the right info out, and convincing others that we are here for the kids and are continuing to improve our image. I hope that Bark and anyone else would come to a BC meeting and see what it is all about. As I stated in an earlier post, we welcome everyone to work in the concession stand. You do not have to be a BC member to work. I think the concession stand is the best place to see who we are and what we are all about. :clap: :clap:

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Thanks for everyone that helped this past weekend. With the Girls Soccer tournament this weekend we will need more of the same. We are fortunate to have some really dedicated people stepping up starting with Chris Meaux and a great supporting cast. This weekend would be a great time for others to step up.

Now for another topic:
One of the things I saw during the Boys Soccer Tournament last weekend was watching people from other schools walk up to the Wall of Champions to gaze at the Championship plaques. ;D

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
NDNband69 said:
Thanks for everyone that helped this past weekend. With the Girls Soccer tournament this weekend we will need more of the same. We are fortunate to have some really dedicated people stepping up starting with Chris Meaux and a great supporting cast. This weekend would be a great time for others to step up.

Now for another topic:
One of the things I saw during the Boys Soccer Tournament last weekend was watching people from other schools walk up to the Wall of Champions to gaze at the Championship plaques. ;D

That's Awesome!!

ndndad

The wall of champions is a site to see. Standing inside the concession stand you get a straight on view. You get to watch all of the people (Indians and others) walk up and admire. Sure makes ya proud :hookem:

The Boys Soccer tourney was a success. Weather came around and we received a lot of compliments on the stadium and the concessions. Had coaches asking if they could have their booster clubs call me for tips and advice. For those of you who do not know. There is a core group of people dedicated to making the BC and concessions stand a success. This group has been there for every event. This group was there for the entire soccer tourney 9:00am-8:00pm Thurs,Fri and Sat. An entirely volunteer group dedicated to helping the kids of PNG. Not just all sports at the high school level ,but middle school as well. Also during the football season the student activities kids had the opportunity to come work the concession stand and their group received a portion of the profits from the sales. If any of these groups read this - I say like I said when you worked "YOU ROCK :rocks:" Parents and faculty should be proud of these kids. I have never had people work for me as well as these kids do. You should be proud of yourself as well.

I welcome all who want to come out a help this be a success as a community. If you are interested just get in touch with a BC member or e-mail me at cmeaux1@gt.rr.com. If we all pitch in a little it ensures the success for years to come. "We win because the kids win"

bark

1,000+ Posts
lu cards said:
we have around $50,000 in the building fund or close to it.i agree some that the booster club needs to do some things better but taking on concessions was a huge task.the prior boards have had there hands full getting it to the point it is today.the pngabc board is being taken over by the athletic secretary.she will keep it updated but it may be another month or so before its up and running.we are working on the email list and hope to get more updates out.any help is always appreciated.if anyone wants to get more involved we have 4 main committees-fundraising(mainly concessions),merchandise,golf tourney and membership.feel free to messsage me and ill put in contact with those committee heads.may 1st will be the start of the 4th year of the booster.in 3 years we have given over $100,000 to indian athletics(hs and jr high).that is an unreal number and the guys that work together and went to school together played a big part in this.the positives of the booster club far outweigh any negatives.there will be a club meeting in march that would be a good chance for anyone to bring up any issues and maybe volunteer to help us fix them.
***************************************************************************************
I agree, those guys played a huge part in spearheading the idea.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Congrats to the new board members! I had the pleasure of volunteering in the CS a few times and I def plan on doing it more often! I haven't been on here much since FB season so if someone could email me when help is needed I'd be happy to help! Email address is tmccelvey@gmail.com.

ndndad

Shhh ! Every body just thinks we work in there ;D. There is going to be a need for some help at the jv soccer tourney this .Fri. and Sat. I will email you. We have games on tues. And thurs. as well. The boys are having a track meet on Feb. 23rd also. I will email you and if you can help out anywhere in there - that would be great. The fact that all sports get some help from this is what makes it so great. I am trying to get the word out to as many people as I can. The more people that know what we are really about- the more people will want to join in.

ndndad

pngmom4 said:
NDNDAD, I hope you are not typing on here while flying!!!!

Busted :helmet: just got back in from Laredo,ElPaso,San Antonio,Tulsa. Be in Indianapolis tomorrow. !!

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNDAD said:
Shhh ! Every body just thinks we work in there ;D. There is going to be a need for some help at the jv soccer tourney this .Fri. and Sat. I will email you. We have games on tues. And thurs. as well. The boys are having a track meet on Feb. 23rd also. I will email you and if you can help out anywhere in there - that would be great. The fact that all sports get some help from this is what makes it so great. I am trying to get the word out to as many people as I can. The more people that know what we are really about- the more people will want to join in.
You guys are really doing a great job on keeping us informed!

How can I sign up for the tract meet?

Will the BC send a email to us or do we show up and help?

ndndad

Thanks Bark, talked to Coach and Indian Relay will be a one day event on Feb 23rd. You can email me at cmeaux1@gt.rr.com and I will fill you in.
Thanks for volunteering. I think the more information the community has the more they will realize this is just a group trying to help all kids in all sports. The side benefit is getting to help the student activities groups as well by getting them to help during football season and sharing in the profits. Once the community sees this, I think we will get more volunteers which we desperately need. Get the word out to everyone you see....

Indian03

100+ Posts
Booster Club Meeting

Date: Wednesday, March 7th
Time: 6:30pm

You do not have to be a member to attend. The meeting is open to all who would like to attend.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Indian03 said:
Booster Club Meeting

Date: Wednesday, March 7th
Time: 6:30pm

You do not have to be a member to attend. The meeting is open to all who would like to attend.
glad to see things not so secretive - Great job

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Track meet update. The meet will begin at 3pm. We would appreciate any concession help. Tell all of your friends to come join the concession party. We will have lots of fun while supporting our kids.

ndndad

Hey Bark, Are ya coming tonight ?

Look me up - Just ask anyone in the concessions and they will point ya to me.......

bark

1,000+ Posts
NDNDAD said:
Hey Bark, Are ya coming tonight ?

Look me up - Just ask anyone in the concessions and they will point ya to me.......
************************************************************************************
I will be there today - have a friends kid in the Field Events and one in 2 running events.

Thanks for asking! Looking forward to it.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores