Coach Faircloth

15PNG

500+ Posts
bark said:
I agree momeindians, he has been great for PNG, the athletes, students and community!

Anyone know what the deal was at the Vidor game with Marc Keith running up to BF on the sideline? It looked like Keith was repremanding him for a penalty. A couple of us were talking at the gym Sunday and someone commented if it was during the Ethridge days Coach Troy would have headbutted him before he could have reached the Ethridge.

Let's don't do anything to encourage his departure, with his success it will come too soon as it is.

HAHA, I had to laugh at this one..... the visual image of Coach Troy headbutting someone is TRUE. I could see that one playing out in my mind. Funny stuff.

But, I agree with all the posts here (for once) about Coach Faircloth. He has brought the team, community, staff, school, etc, together. There's a revived spirit around PN-G and even for the remote folks like myself with forever ties back home. I'm excited about Coach Faircloth and his staff. Heck even Coach Mike Arnaud ;) **HEY MIKE!** :clap: I thought it was super cool when Coach Farcloth walked out on to the field at the Brenham game and he got a standing ovation. I don't care who ya are.... that rocks. It made me feel good, so you know it did him. Lots-a-love here......lotsa-love.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
badndn said:
NDN Nation, go back and read Barks comments again. He wasn't saying he had issues with the thread, he had issues with statements about Malone. He actually was saying in his post that BF and crew have been just what the doctor ordered for the kids in this district. He was also stating that we should not put blinders on and expect State Titles as proof that he is successful. We should recognize that he and his staff are about developing good men that will be successful in life not just on the football field. Of course in doing so he is developing good teams for us all to enjoy and be proud of.

I am excited about PNG Athletics!!! Thanks to Coach and his Staff, both Old and New.

I understood what he was saying. What I meant and probably didn't make my point obvious is that the past coaches were great coaches in their own right at one time and did wonderful things for PNG. Just lots of times when Coach Faircloth is praised for doing great things there are some people on here who have to always bring up past coaches and what GREAT things they have done. Like people would or could forget those things.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
What gets me is this thread was started to praise Coach Faircloth, then others chime in with there on personal agendas and bring others into the conversations slamming them....What freaking idiots.

indianalways

100+ Posts
PNGNDN1 said:
As for as Keith being on the field here is my take. You are a administrator, not Jerry Jones. Stay off the field. He has a nitch for acting like this, I have personally seen him act like that at Little League Baseball games. Keith should take care of his duties and let BF take care of his.

Give me a break. Seriously? Little League? INCREDIBLE, this thread starts out praising what we have been fortunate to receive in BF and his staff and you turn it into this? This board just hit a new low with the crap posted on here.
And for the record, I sat on the first row on that side of the field and Keith was telling Cary that one of HIS players had just cussed out half of the ref's on the field and half the people on the sidelines. I guess he figured it was something Cary would have wanted to know, since we had already received THREE personal foul penalties. But hey, he's no Jerry Jones; as long as we win right? You have NO idea what you're even attempting to talk about.

Justafan said:
What gets me is this thread was started to praise Coach Faircloth, then others chime in with there on personal agendas and bring others into the conversations slamming them....What freaking idiots.

No kidding. Idiots, the only way to describe them.

Torino

500+ Posts
Justafan said:
I agree. Let's congratulate Mr. Faircloth, forget Malone, be glad Mr. Keith takes his job seriously, and overlook those who use this thread as an opportunity to promote "Big Cav."

bilman10

Great job Coaches.they were able to hold it together after a rough start and get us back to the playoffs.I will see everyone Friday i think the Purple Wave will sell out The Butch

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Torino said:
Justafan said:
I agree. Let's congratulate Mr. Faircloth, forget Malone, be glad Mr. Keith takes his job seriously, and overlook those who use this thread as an opportunity to promote "Big Cav."

Ok...just so we're clear I was in NO WAY trying to "promote" Big Cav! I just thought it was nice that he brought a chair out for a lady who obviously needed it. I'm still leary of him but he did a great thing today helping that lady. I'm sure you weren't directing that at me...just wanted to put that out there! However I will stand on my rooftop and sing the praises of Chief Brandon Faircloth...you are awesome sir and thank you and your staff for resurrecting Indian Nation once again!

bandkid

Staff member
PNGNDN1 said:
A few issues I have with the comments in this thread. Danny Malone was a helluva coach. Any person who played for him will tell you that. Bottomline. Period. He made us feel like we were winners. He was thrown out for personal agendas. Good ole Boy System.. Period. His OC who has been with Nederland for years now didn't like him for whatever reason. My take. Stay at Nederland DC who cares. Malone had a helluva staff and that's what made PNG good. He changed our culture within 6 months. BF has done the same thing. He also has a great staff. He as well has changed the culture around here. Period. As for as Keith being on the field here is my take. You are a administrator, not Jerry Jones. Stay off the field. He has a nitch for acting like this, I have personally seen him act like that at Little League Baseball games. Keith should take care of his duties and let BF take care of his. And my thoughts on BF or this, he and his staff are doing a great job. They have instilled discipline and values in our kids. We are winning and making the playoffs. You cant ask for any more. Lets enjoy it while he is here. Because he wont be around forever. At the end of the day remember this, State Championships are very hard to come by, but in life that State Championship will earn you nothing, but values you learn on the field will earn you a lifetime of Enjoyment.

Dr. Keith has every right to be down on the sidelines, just like all of the other assistant principals as well as the superintendent and assistant superintendent - all of whom are down on the sidelines with him for the bulk of the game. This is nothing new or out of the ordinary.

Since Dr. Cavness has been brought up, I would like to say that I have seen no negative effect of his leadership so far. I've had the chance to hear him speak a few times and based on what he has said, I think he is very happy to be here. I firmly believe that he has this district's best interests at heart.

With that said, the jury is still out. I think it's best to wait a year or so before forming a real opinion on his job performance.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Back to the subject of this thread..... Coach Faircloth and staff are first class all the way. Like someone mentioned, both the newcomers and those who were here before Coach Faircloth came here. We are extremely blessed to have a great coach and fine young man leading our football team and athletic department. The way that we overcame a 1-4 start to finish so strong is a testament to the quality of this staff. Everyone had written us off as dead after we lost to nederland. These kids could have folded it up and called it quits. Instead, they kept working and believing in themselves and the coaches and are in the midst of a 5 game win streak and peaking at the right time. You can tell that there is a mutual respect and belief in each other between the coaches and players. Talking to some of the current players, the thing I hear a lot is that these coaches care about them as more than just football players. They are genuinely concerned for these kids as individuals. These kids are no dummies, they know when someone cares about them versus blowing smoke up their skirt. I believe that this is what will make our program truly great in the years to come...not just great x's and o's, but a atmosphere of family and trust that has been fostered by Coach Faircloth and staff. Let's do all we can to keep him here....support the booster club, donate to the new indoor facility and make these coaches feel welcome and know that we are excited to have them here.

PurpleNDN

ndnsrock44 said:
Back to the subject of this thread..... Coach Faircloth and staff are first class all the way. Like someone mentioned, both the newcomers and those who were here before Coach Faircloth came here. We are extremely blessed to have a great coach and fine young man leading our football team and athletic department. The way that we overcame a 1-4 start to finish so strong is a testament to the quality of this staff. Everyone had written us off as dead after we lost to nederland. These kids could have folded it up and called it quits. Instead, they kept working and believing in themselves and the coaches and are in the midst of a 5 game win streak and peaking at the right time. You can tell that there is a mutual respect and belief in each other between the coaches and players. Talking to some of the current players, the thing I hear a lot is that these coaches care about them as more than just football players. They are genuinely concerned for these kids as individuals. These kids are no dummies, they know when someone cares about them versus blowing smoke up their skirt. I believe that this is what will make our program truly great in the years to come...not just great x's and o's, but a atmosphere of family and trust that has been fostered by Coach Faircloth and staff. Let's do all we can to keep him here....support the booster club, donate to the new indoor facility and make these coaches feel welcome and know that we are excited to have them here.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
Since I commented about the Superintendent also, I was in no way promoting him or any agenda. The only agenda I have is supporting ALL Indians in any way I can.

39-32

Geez, can you guys kiss his butt enough. You know he does not come on here and read this crap. He is gone in another year or two and everyone one this thread, although you dont want to beleive it.....know its coming.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
39-32 said:
Geez, can you guys kiss his butt enough. You know he does not come on here and read this crap. He is gone in another year or two and everyone one this thread, although you dont want to beleive it.....know its coming.

Go back to Nederland. We are doing just fine at PN-GISD ... we can rally some resouorces to thow at Coach Faircloth and his staff to keep them at PN-GISD. He may leave ... but, it won't be because PN-GISD did not do its best to keep him here. You can have 39-32 ... that was an exception to the rule of 48-32-7. And, if Coach Faircloth leaves, then we will go find the next Coach Brandon Faircloth, Doug Ethridge, or in that mold. Nothing lasts forever, but we plan to enjoy the ride. Whether he reads the message board or not, public support for our ISD, administrators, coaches, teachers, students, programs, etc. is a good thing. Nothing wrong with expressing love for the Honor, Pride, and Tradition of PN-G. We don't expect you to understand ... you're from Nederland. Go figure.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
1989ndn you are right. Fairclothe is an achiever and seems to be the kind of guy on the move up. So to say he will be here for a long time is probably not true, nothing against PNG but there are better paying districts, more in the limelight than us, Southlake Carroll etc.. The one thing that NO DISTRICT can do better at is the fans that our district has and is known for. Those of us that are interested in this board are mostly true fans - we disagree but we have a common goal for what's best for our student/athletes

Let's enjoy the ride as long as it lasts!!!

Now lets kick some Barbers Hill butt

NDN79

500+ Posts
39 32 that's the best you can come up with? ??? Sounds like someone across the tracks is worried,envious, and jealous. I guess he just wants to see what it is like for a community and school district to support the coaching staff, and be happy for what they have. We are thankful for Coach Faircloth and his staff and the job they have done.

I think it would be best if you stayed on your site if you don't have anything good to say.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Even if he does leave I still feel blessed to have him now and the brilliant coach`s he brought here. It does sound like jealousy. Lil` ned will never match up to the PURPLE & WHITE in tradition. NEVER !!

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
39-32 said:

Like it matters if he left in the next couple of years to better himself and his family. We are blessed to have had him here for any length of time he choses to stay here. Is that ENVY that I am hearing coming from you? Sure sounds like it to me.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
39-32 and ned will NEVER know what it is like to an INDIAN. when you have a school that one of its biggest "traditions" is a song that came out ten years ago, there is not any real tradition. I remember at a MCM pep rally, Brad Burnett spoke about PNG Tradition...he said something along the lines that TJ was trying to reclaim their tradition and nederland has NO tradition. Go back to your bigned site..I think 4 or 5 people may post there now. Seems to me ya'll did some butt kissing and threw a lot of cash at neumann when he was flirting with LaMarque. Coach Faircloth has said this is the place he wants to be and a great place to raise his kids. I don't see him leaving foor several years. The big time HS program jobs don't come open that often, so its not like Katy, SLC, Westlake, Lake Travis, etc. are on the hunt for a coach right now. Plus with the cost of living down here versus some of those big, rich schools makes it easier for us to keep him here without having to match the dollars. Plus, he has stated that he wants to build a big-time program down here. If he has big time success here he will probably jump to college as an assistant, not to another HS program. If he is that successful, we will have big time prospects lining up to be our next head coach. Thanks for your concern, though.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores