Coaching Position

NDN79

500+ Posts
Thanks for the shout-out yankeedawg, and sorry it took so long to respond.I always enjoy our conversations about football--certainly not all of this other stuff. I hope you have a chance to come see our game in San Antonio. Best wishes to you and "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL"? :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo: :clap: :clap: :woohoo:

new10

Before you start bashing the new board for having "an agenda" against Coach Faircloth, you might want to go back and see how each of them voted on agenda items FOR him. You will then see how FOOLISH you are!! This is the FIRST board in a LONG time who is actually trying to do what's right for the WHOLE district!! You should just check your information before you start talking about things you don't know anything about!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
new10 said:
Before you start bashing the new board for having "an agenda" against Coach Faircloth, you might want to go back and see how each of them voted on agenda items FOR him. You will then see how FOOLISH you are!! This is the FIRST board in a LONG time who is actually trying to do what's right for the WHOLE district!! You should just check your information before you start talking about things you don't know anything about!!

As if that's a favor or something? The football program has long been under budgeted. Half as much as Nederland's program. A decent budget is the price to pay for a quality athletics program, and well deserved.
Sounds like you have an agenda against sports.

Torino

500+ Posts
new10 said:
OK. I'm just killing time until I have to go in to work tonight, so I'll bite. Not about where Balsamo, Miller, and Walters stand on Faircloth or athletics or whether they even stand for anything.

However, let's discuss the School Board. Let's compare the current board to the 2006 board. That was only 4 years ago, so I take it that you believe that group didn't care about the "WHOLE district." The 2006 Board consisted of Trudy Holder, Harvey Brown, Rusty Brittain, Abby Deaton, James Green, Darren McCutcheon, and Jim Westbrook.

We're all familiar with the current lineup. Would you please provide us with a few examples of how Balsamo, Miller, Walters, and company are doing more for the district and also some examples of what the 2006 board did that was not good for the entire district?

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
I don`t understand the quote " this is the first board in a long time who is actually trying to do what`s right for the whole district." ???? Seems to me that the controversy started with the new members . Before it was smooth sailing . Ummmm .......

milkman

If i remember correctly , in past years , this is about budget time. If there was this much resistance from walters , balsamo , miller & broussard (oh wait not miller and broussard - I didn't understand what I was writing ) over replacing a coach , what do you think is about to happen to the athletic budget? i am all for checks and balances but this has the potential of getting ugly.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
you`re funny milkman .................. but you are also right ! what will happen in a few weeks at budget time ? i wonder , can broussard abstain on the budget ? can miller vote " no " and then come back and change her mind ? enquiring minds want to know .

bulldawg#1mom

I know one thing the entire board better do and that is have all of the information on each topic at hand and understood well so that they may vote with conviction. Checks and balances is something that needs to be taken serious so that another misunderstanding doesn't happen like the one when Balsemo thought we were in a deficit. We are not always going to agree on how or why the board votes as they do but I am all for explanations, checks, and balances.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
Mr. Balsamo thought the district was in a deficit but was actually wrong ? :angry: What kind of leadership is this ? Isn`t he VP of the board ? ??? Let`s hope nothing happens to Mrs. Parker ...........................

bulldawg#1mom

I am sure that Mr. Balsamo felt that his information was accurate at the time BUT he should have researched it first hand. Hopefully he and others have learned a valuable leason. Everyone should do their due diligence in order to accurately vote and comment.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
from what I understand EVERYONE thought we were in a deficit at the beginning of last school year and that is why nobody got a raise. Then round about October $3 million dollars were "found".

allstarmom

100+ Posts
For curiosity sake, where would you propose the board get their financial info? It was the business manager that reported a deficit and then also the one that report the "found" $$.

akifan94

500+ Posts
allstarmom said:
For curiosity sake, where would you propose the board get their financial info? It was the business manager that reported a deficit and then also the one that report the "found" $$.

So the board has no access to any financial information except what the business manager tells them? I find that hard to believe.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
akifan94 said:
allstarmom said:

So the board has no access to any financial information except what the business manager tells them? I find that hard to believe.
Straight from two board members mouths: "The board cannot get involved in the day-to-day running of the District and must rely on the information that the super and other central offie administrators give them and one of those is the Business Manager. Questions have been asked repeatedly at the board meetings and members are constantly requesting accurate figures. Budget is due August 31st and the Bus.Mgr. did not give the board accurate figures of the previous year until November. Last year on Aug. 31st, the Bus. Mgr. reported that 08-09 budget had a deficit of 3.6 million. Later, 3.4 million more was located." What do you want the Board Members to do????

allstarmom

100+ Posts
what I am saying is that the business manager is the one that crunches the numbers and hands out those financial reports. Wherre else would anyone...Me, you, Randall, Curl, the board, etc, get their info except from the person in charge of that?

bulldawg#1mom

I believe that whomever is in control of the financial records should be held accountable!! I think she is the one that should explain her mistake and in my opinion be fired!! Can the board change the way the day to day and or at least month to month financial are accessable to the public and if not the public at least the board? This should be part of checks and balances!!!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
squaw said:
akifan94 said:
allstarmom said:

Straight from two board members mouths: "The board cannot get involved in the day-to-day running of the District and must rely on the information that the super and other central offie administrators give them and one of those is the Business Manager. Questions have been asked repeatedly at the board meetings and members are constantly requesting accurate figures. Budget is due August 31st and the Bus.Mgr. did not give the board accurate figures of the previous year until November. Last year on Aug. 31st, the Bus. Mgr. reported that 08-09 budget had a deficit of 3.6 million. Later, 3.4 million more was located." What do you want the Board Members to do????

Sounds like the system is screwed up then. The board votes on money issues without direct knowledge of the money situation?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores