Comments on the new stadium?

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
A great place. Seats are comfy, plenty of leg room, great view from the upper rows. Views during daylight are incredible as you can see in '93's photos. Lots of room underneath the stadium and nice concession stands.

Phatman

PNG Proud said:
Man, it was so awesome. It was like walking around a college venue. Only one thing that coulda, and shoulda been done differently.
The front aisles were made much wider, and they handled the crowd great. Along with this, they have designated handicap areas that was also badly needed. Here's the snafu.... Why couldn't they have moved the handicap section up IN FRONT OF THE PEOPLE WALKING IN THE FRONT AISLES?????
I'll tell you why, because that would make way too much sense. Those folks that are wheelchair bound are still at the mercy (and believe me there's not much mercy) of the people walking in the front aisle. It wouldn't have required any more space, just some extra rails, and the handicap section would be in front of the people walking, instead of behind.

O.k., now I'm off my soapbox...

The bathrooms are So nice and the concession stands so functional. Man, it's almost like they thought it through or something.

A PROUD moment for PNG..No doubt

I have to ask, why is it ok to inconvenience someone else as long as it's not you. Hopefully when folks learn the stadium they will use the ramps closest to thier seats thus eleminating the number of people walking in front of you.

At some point someone has to take into consideration the number of people affected by the layout. How many of the HC spaces were utilised by HC PATRONS? How many seats were not available because they were designated as HC thus not used at all?
I think a better question would be is why are we forced to install an elevator that can not be used by the public but is merely there just in case there is a HC coach, assistant, announcer or other that MAY need access to the press box. And, with all the accomodations for the HC that MAY need access to the press box, how are they to get down in an emergency with power off to the elevator? :band: :eek:ld:

IndianKen

INDIAN KEN #1 BAND FAN
BEAUTIFUL AND AWESOME! GOD HAS BLESSED THIS COMMUNITY WITH THE BEST! WE SHOULD ALL BE GRATEFUL. AND WHEN THAT BEAUTIFUL PURPLE AND WHITE BAND TOOK THE FIELD IT WAS THE PRETTIEST SIGHT I'VE EVER SEEN. I PERSONALLY WANT TO THANK ALL THE COMMUNITY FOR ALL THE TIME AND EFFORT PUT IN ON THIS NEW ENDEAVOR FOR PNG. THANKS FOR SHOWING US THOSE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. DO ALL OF YOU SEE HOW MUCH GOD HAS BLESSED US? GREAT FIELD, GREAT STANDS, GREAT BAND, GREAT INDIANETTES, GREAT TWIRLERS, GREAT FOOTBALL TEAM, AND GREAT FANS THAT LOVE EACH OTHER. WOW!! INDIAN KEN 2008

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
Positives besides the obvious overall beauty of the stadium:

1. The seats themselves were waaaaay more comfortable, even w/o a padded seat.
2. Way more legroom. You don't feel your putting someone out when passing by to go to the restroom or concession stand.
3. The view from any seat. No more worries about those old PA speakers on poles obstructing your eyeview of the scoreboard or field.
4. Restrooms. Even the mens is over the top awesome. Its hard to believe how bad we all had it before.
5. Concession stand menu & 20 ounce drinks. All this was long overdue and they'll probaby add more items in time.

Negatives:

1. I missed being able to go near the old concession stand at halftime to talk w/my buddies along the fence line. With the current concourse area your limited to staying under the stands with the crowds of people in line and the noise.
2. (for the young ones) No more cupball for the kids unless they want some serious scrapes and bruises from the concrete.
3. I'm selfish but seeing how nice it is now I can only imagine how awesome it would have been if the cost of supplies hadn't gone up. The pro-shop and enclosed concourse come to mind when wondering what could have been. Remember, originally there wasn't suppost to be metal fencing in the facility.
4. It wasn't "the Rez" yet. This will come in time but every older person has to know what I'm talking about. The old place had a "feel" to it that the new building will earn with time.

Overall I loved it and it will only get better when its totally completed. Also, whoever asked about a ceremony or any type of dedication to the new building, I don't remember them doing anything last night. I heard they will not do this type of thing until next season. Theres still quite a ways to go to completely finish it.

Just my 2 cents.

NDN X

100+ Posts
PNG1992 said:
Positives besides the obvious overall beauty of the stadium:

1. The seats themselves were waaaaay more comfortable, even w/o a padded seat.
2. Way more legroom. You don't feel your putting someone out when passing by to go to the restroom or concession stand.
3. The view from any seat. No more worries about those old PA speakers on poles obstructing your eyeview of the scoreboard or field.
4. Restrooms. Even the mens is over the top awesome. Its hard to believe how bad we all had it before.
5. Concession stand menu & 20 ounce drinks. All this was long overdue and they'll probaby add more items in time.

Negatives:

1. I missed being able to go near the old concession stand at halftime to talk w/my buddies along the fence line. With the current concourse area your limited to staying under the stands with the crowds of people in line and the noise.
2. (for the young ones) No more cupball for the kids unless they want some serious scrapes and bruises from the concrete.
3. I'm selfish but seeing how nice it is now I can only imagine how awesome it would have been if the cost of supplies hadn't gone up. The pro-shop and enclosed concourse come to mind when wondering what could have been. Remember, originally there wasn't suppost to be metal fencing in the facility.
4. It wasn't "the Rez" yet. This will come in time but every older person has to know what I'm talking about. The old place had a "feel" to it that the new building will earn with time.

Overall I loved it and it will only get better when its totally completed. Also, whoever asked about a ceremony or any type of dedication to the new building, I don't remember them doing anything last night. I heard they will not do this type of thing until next season. Theres still quite a ways to go to completely finish it.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree PNG, just one negative I personally noticed:

The small slanted incline from the parking lot to the sidewalk....well, I stumbled walking in and saw a man actually fall there on the way out. He said he saw the two steps to step down, but missed the little slant down to the parking lot. Hit his mouth on the parking lot. He said he was ok.

HOWEVER, on the POSITIVE....I loved the way the new seats feel, and even though I was moved down a little, my seats were still great. Not as much difference as I thought. It is great to see my regular football "neighbors" that I have sat by for the last 20 years, every season, and even met a few new ones last night. I did walk up to the top at one point and what a sight! That is some view. I know what you mean about the feel of "the Rez" but I think we will break it in quickly and start some great new memories here. Also, sure wish we could ALL have a back to lean on, but after that climb to the top, whew, you deserve it.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
NDN X said:
The small slanted incline from the parking lot to the sidewalk....well, I stumbled walking in and saw a man actually fall there on the way out. He said he saw the two steps to step down, but missed the little slant down to the parking lot. Hit his mouth on the parking lot. He said he was ok.

I almost bought it on that thing too.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone should call up the school and let them know.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
From the Beaumont Enterprise

http://video.ap.org/v/Legacy.aspx?partner=en-ap&g=e05b0d09-3c70-4f35-9d88-fad39be9ddc5&f=TXBEA&mk=en-ap

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I loved the new stadium my only complaint was the choice of music. Country music is not going to hype up the fans muchless the players. That is just my two cents. The seats are very comfortable, the concession stand is great and the restrooms are awesome no waiting in long lines. It is so nice it is almost like you are at a college football game instead of a HS one.

TheBoysMom

I was thoroughly impressed with the new stadium, even though walking uphill to row 35 was quite a feat... I guess that'll teach me to buy my season tickets earlier next year! I also noticed that trip-up step and commented to hubby as we crossed it, "Someone WILL fall down on this before the night is over."

My only issue was with the music. I understand that the boys on the team were very excited to finally have a sound system and stadium worthy of some impressive introductory music, like many other area teams use.

They even had a song picked out and ready to go when "the powers that be" vetoed it and told them that they didn't like that kind of music (rock and roll) and it would never happen. They were also told the sound system wasn't ready for anything like that, anyway.

I was quite surprised (and disappointed) to approach the beautiful new facility to hear country music blaring from the speakers. Way to exite the players and fans... NOT!!!

Is this about the team or not? If they want to hear some fire up music as they take the field, why not give them what they want? I think our Indians could use a boost right now anyway.

Just my .02, take it for what it's worth.

N

NDNPARENT

i agree the country music has to go!! to get the blood pumping and team/fans fired up is to play loud , beating music like Rock and Roll! heck if the coach does not like it then get rid of CHEROKEE!! it is a drum beating pumping sound!

lets get THUNDERSTRUCK BY AC/DC!

hey boysmom!! nice to see you here!! and you look hawt saturday noite!

N

NDNPARENT

the stadium is awesome, like the feel of it, makes you feel like you are at a pro/college game and we all know that the indians carry a large crowd!

lots of room for your feet, and not feel cramp up. Also the restroom are very nice ..men no longer has to pee in a metal bucket! lol

the field is awesome!!! the only thing i would have done differnet was the PNG in the middle , would have liked to seen the Indian head outline with the PNG!

The sound board is great , just was disappointed that they did not hae the INDIANS on the HOME SIDE!!! WTF? they can fix that and did not, and the wrong team name on the other side.. talk about fire up the other team huh?

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
i agree the country music has to go!! to get the blood pumping and team/fans fired up is to play loud , beating music like Rock and Roll! heck if the coach does not like it then get rid of CHEROKEE!! it is a drum beating pumping sound!

lets get THUNDERSTRUCK BY AC/DC! hey boysmom!! nice to see you here!! and you look hawt saturday noite!

That would have fired up our boys on Friday, awesome choice of music NDNPARENT.

Crazy Indian Fan

I thought it was neat that the music was about indians, but... it was country music. I think some people were falling asleep. Maybe that's what happened to the players lol. Thunderstruck would be great. Especially if we had the version that starts out with the thunder rolling in the background heading into the intro guitar opening. I also think No Leaf Clover by Metallica would be pretty cool too, awesome intro.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Pre-game ... play whatever the players and crowd likes; have diverse selections, including the songs mentioned earlier in this thread, AC/DC, Metallica, RHCP, Gary Glitter's Rock & Roll Part 2, etc. Get small kids involved with YMCA, etc. Get that music going and let the players and fans get excited ... send that music outside the stadium to get the tailgaters cranked up.

Intro ... play the FSU war chant as the players make their way from the fieldhouse to the tunnel ... as they leave the tunnel toward the sideline break into Cherokee (amplify the band with a feed into the loudspeakers, it can be done).

Go to any college or pro game and the tailgating and game day experiecne will give you some good ideas on how to spice up the atmosphere. Although, in fairness, give the school admin some time. The game vs. Livingston was only game 1. They will work out the kinks. Who knows what they will do next time or in the future ... give everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with all of the new bells and whistles. Enjoy the games ... support the kids, be loud, and have fun. Make the game day experience bring back more fans. Sounds like the majority of fans were amazed with the new Reservation. I'm betting more good things will happen at the stadium. It takes some time to ease into a new palace. If nothing else, send a nice letter to the school and make friendly suggestions on what you and the kids would like to see or hear at the stadium. Who knows, a new tradition or 2 might be born in 2008, 2009, 2010, or beyond.

Go Indians. Peace.

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Pre-game ... play whatever the players and crowd likes; have diverse selections, including the songs mentioned earlier in this thread, AC/DC, Metallica, RHCP, Gary Glitter's Rock & Roll Part 2, etc. Get small kids involved with YMCA, etc. Get that music going and let the players and fans get excited ... send that music outside the stadium to get the tailgaters cranked up.

Intro ... play the FSU war chant as the players make their way from the fieldhouse to the tunnel ... as they leave the tunnel toward the sideline break into Cherokee (amplify the band with a feed into the loudspeakers, it can be done).

Go to any college or pro game and the tailgating and game day experiecne will give you some good ideas on how to spice up the atmosphere. Although, in fairness, give the school admin some time. The game vs. Livingston was only game 1. They will work out the kinks. Who knows what they will do next time or in the future ... give everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with all of the new bells and whistles. Enjoy the games ... support the kids, be loud, and have fun. Make the game day experience bring back more fans. Sounds like the majority of fans were amazed with the new Reservation. I'm betting more good things will happen at the stadium. It takes some time to ease into a new palace. If nothing else, send a nice letter to the school and make friendly suggestions on what you and the kids would like to see or hear at the stadium. Who knows, a new tradition or 2 might be born in 2008, 2009, 2010, or beyond.

Go Indians. Peace.

This is what I am saying play something cool to get the fans and players excited music then lead with the Indian stuff and blar CHEROKEE so everyone in PORT NECHES can hear it. :rocks: :rocks:

N

NDNPARENT

i would like to see them use the video screen to intro the starting players. kinda like the NFL does. have a video of the player with name and let the player show themselves being natural and unscript. or do the still pics of the player with their names being intro like they do on MLB playoff games.

nissanindian

100+ Posts
natural and unscript would be awesome with the fsu war chant and then boom the come out of the tunnel wow i might start crying how beautiful it would be

80sPurple

Intro for the players would be a great idea. I agree the country music has to go. I couldnt believe what I was hearing when I walked up to the stadium. :eek:

Cheermom4

500+ Posts
I heard one of he seniors at the school made a video after being asked by many of his friends that played football to put something together for them with cool music that the football players picked out, but it was voted down from the powers that be.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores