Crosby @ PN-G

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
We finally have a defense, but now no offense .

Neither team did much tonight on offense. Crosby probably had less than 200 yards for the game. PN-G not much more. The Indian offense did nothing in the second half, failing to capitialize on some great scoring opportunities. They might have gained 50 yards in the second half. Can't win games that way.

Barbers Hill is looking like the strongest team in district. But the Indians can bounce back if they find some blocking and a run game. The three worst teams in the district are ahead.

Congrats to the Crosby Cougars on the win.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I M O, if we continue to play like this for the remainder of the season, we won’t get out of district. We did not play well at all on offense, Crosby control the line the entire game other than the first drive.
Too many forced passes that did not go our way

You said it. With no Garth or Burt, this offensive line struggles. A good offense lives or dies with the offensive line play.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Indian defense is hurting as well with a sophomore and freshman starting on the defensive line tonight.

On the bright side, 2 sophs and a freshman played well on the defensive line tonight in place of Latin and Girouard who are probably the best defensive ends PN-G has had in years, and the defensive play was very solid overall. Hopefully those 2 guys are back soon.

Bost needs better protection and a running game to take the heat off of him. Bost running the ball more himself may be a good option.

GoNdns

You said it. With no Garth or Burt, this offensive line struggles. A good offense lives or dies with the offensive line play.
Well, it would help if the refs wouldn't tell the other teams nose guard multiple times that he's just looking for a reason to eject your center!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Stats from PA News:

Cougars 13, Indians 7
Crosby 0 7 6 0 – 13
PNG 7 0 0 0 – 7
First quarter

PNG – Nail 31 pass from Bost (Sandell kick), 8:16.
Second quarter
Crosby – Ray 43 fumble return (Helburg kick), 8:01.
Third quarter
Cro – Dunn 30 run (kick failed), 7:01.

Cro PNG
First downs 12 13
Rushes-yards 42-137 28-56
Passing yards 37 176
Total yards 174 232
Comp-Att-Int 5-11-0 18-39-3
Fumbles-lost 6-2 4-1
Penalties-yards 9-100 7-55
Time of Possession 24:46 23:14

RUSHING — Crosby: Smith 20-100, Dunn 12-70, Branch 6-36, Cavzos 1-3, Wilson 1-(-9), team 2-(-33). PNG: Bost 11-31, Hernandez 12-16, Conner 4-10, team 1-(-1).

PASSING — Crosby: Dunn 3-6-0, 21; Branch 2-6-0, 16; Wilson 0-1-0, 0. PNG: Bost 18-39-3, 176.

RECEIVING — Crosby: Dunn 1-16, Herman 2-15, Smith 1-6, Cavazos 1-0. PNG: Nail 6-82, Sosa 2-32, Wuenschel 4-30, Proenza 4-18, Hernandez 2-14

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Was pretty ugly after a successful first drive. Was definitely the coldest 56 degrees I’ve ever experienced. Wind hurt passing and kicking game. The first long TD pass was with the wind and his high long ball carried to the open receiver. The INT was into the wind.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Was pretty ugly after a successful first drive. Was definitely the coldest 56 degrees I’ve ever experienced. Wind hurt passing and kicking game. The first long TD pass was with the wind and his high long ball carried to the open receiver. The INT was into the wind.

I thought the TD was facing the scoreboard, which would have been against the wind?

snowbird

I think Faircloth and Herman of U.T. are cut from the same mold. When you throw 10 flare passes to the running backs or 5 yard outs to receivers defenses start to adjust. PNG offense did not adjust in the second half. How about a curl ,post or flag route to change it up. We or to predictable, defense knows what coming. Keep it simple putting to much pressure on Bost. Just saying!! I think we will rebound this week and get on a roll. We have the next 2 games to get the kinks out to finish strong.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores