Crosby vs Texas High

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
TH defensive speed is elite. I suspect they will give Crosby’s offense some trouble.

Take back maybe 4 plays and the Indian D did a pretty good job stopping the Tigers.

Crosby’s D should be able to put the brakes on their offense. The Cougar second and third levels are pretty solid.

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Friday 12/3 730 at lufkin

I think south oak cliff going to win state out of 5a2, if not them going to be lovejoy. Crosby going to beat t high but going to lose rematch with liberty hill or lose to Alamo heights. Both run that offense of triple option that historically gives Crosby fits all the time

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I definitely don’t know. I actually thought Texas City might beat THS
But they might surprise everyone if they focus. They’ve always been that way. Rise or descend to competition or expectations. They are the “anti” PNG lol no tradition no fan base they play for themselves (some PARENTS don’t even show up) (I’m expressing in generalities not absolutes) (yes they actually have tons of tradition but it doesn’t express itself if that makes sense)

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely don’t know. I actually thought Texas City might beat THS
But they might surprise everyone if they focus. They’ve always been that way. Rise or descend to competition or expectations. They are the “anti” PNG lol no tradition no fan base they play for themselves (some PARENTS don’t even show up) (I’m expressing in generalities not absolutes) (yes they actually have tons of tradition but it doesn’t express itself if that makes sense)
Texas High football goes back to 1910. 15 years before Port Neches High existed.

They must be suffering from ‘Tradition rot’. Similar to culture rot. I’m sure the reasons are complex.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I actually have pictures of my grandfather playing for Texas High with the old timey padded long sleeve sweaters and CANVAS helmet. (I believe that was the predecessor of the leather helmet or maybe the cheaper option lol. Then went on to play for Texarkana College —How’s this for transient. He, my mom, and myself all went to THS but all three in different locations (and there was a different one before him) point is Texarkana is a different place in the universe. Haha. When I went to school some of my teammates lived in Government housing that actually had DIRT FLOORS probably the most ratio of government housing of any place I’m personally aware of they were built in the early part of the 20th century when TXK was a thriving metropolis (yes it actually was) these are the grandkids and great grandkids of my classmates (and I’m only 52 lol.) it’s a wild place.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
One of the stars of our team from 7th grade on his mom NEVER saw one of his games and she lived closer to the stadium than people walk from their parking spots at PNG

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Then Pleasant Grove our church secretary’s granddaughter cried because she drove a MUSTANG to school and all her classmates drove Mercedes Jaguars Maseratis (slight exaggeration) then Liberty Eylau’s campus shares a large border with the federal prison lol. THS is a mixture of the two haha

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I actually have pictures of my grandfather playing for Texas High with the old timey padded long sleeve sweaters and CANVAS helmet. (I believe that was the predecessor of the leather helmet or maybe the cheaper option lol. Then went on to play for Texarkana College —How’s this for transient. He, my mom, and myself all went to THS but all three in different locations (and there was a different one before him) point is Texarkana is a different place in the universe. Haha. When I went to school some of my teammates lived in Government housing that actually had DIRT FLOORS probably the most ratio of government housing of any place I’m personally aware of they were built in the early part of the 20th century when TXK was a thriving metropolis (yes it actually was) these are the grandkids and great grandkids of my classmates (and I’m only 52 lol.) it’s a wild place.
When I saw that picture I finally understood Michigan’s helmet design The pads were in that pattern — heavy in the front then three to four “stripes” of padding following the Michigan pattern exactly.

Torino

500+ Posts

I think south oak cliff going to win state out of 5a2, if not them going to be lovejoy. Crosby going to beat t high but going to lose rematch with liberty hill or lose to Alamo heights. Both run that offense of triple option that historically gives Crosby fits all the time
Crosby and

Crosby and Liberty Hill was a great game last year. Just happened to find it on the internet.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Here’s what I anticipate seeing tonight and might give Texas High the edge
REVENGE for last year’s playoff elimination they had high hopes with one of the best players in THS history Clayton Smith
Brown catching big play balls at WR
THE BIG STAGE and not taking Crosby lightly. Since they played at Cowboy Stadium (bounty game)
Looking forward to it

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Crosby has nothing on the speed of TH.

Crosby offense looks only slightly better than PNG last week.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to Crosby on the win. 14-7

They will play Lubbock Cooper in the semifinals next week.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores