David Satcher is our man!!!!

akifan94

500+ Posts
badndn said:
former ndn said:
I love PN-G as much as anyone on this board but everyone has to be realistic. We can't expect every coach to come in and want to coach here even though its a great place. To say that the only stepping stone to PN-G is the college level is a little far fetched. I am sure some of the coordinators at the bigger schools in the state make more than the PN-G head coach does. Not sure how much PN-G head coach makes or a coordinator at a big School. But if that was the case why would a coordinator take a pay cut to come here. He would have to move his family buy a house in PN-G and possibly take a pay cut I don't see that happening(but i am not sure on money here). Yes, he would have his own program but not if it was for less money. So there better be ready to pay good money to whoever they do hire. I don't see a head coach coming from a established 4A program either. Why would he leave if he already has his program going in the right direction and going to the playoffs every year? I would even say the same for some of the bigger programs in 3A. For you people who think Mike Long only was good with his son don't know football. He has developed kids that were not that good of a QB into QB's that lead their teams into the playoffs(Saw it done). He has developed the QB's at Kelly (I've seen it). Look at what he has done for his QB's since he has been there besides this year when they had a down year. Kelly isn't the cream of the crop kids either.
.............Just my 2 cents rip away at me and just gonna say it once again I'm not sure about salaries

Coordinators are not highly paid even at the 5A schools. Actually many of the top paid HC's are in 4A. Most top paid OC's and DC's are making $50-$60K.

The PNG HC job I am sure will pay in the $80-$90 range maybe even into the $90's. Neuman turned down Lamarque's $100K plus to stay at Nederland after they uped his pay, so I am sure he is either making six figures or real close.

One reason why an established 4A or 3A HC would make a move is for more money. Another is because of facilities and support. And yet another reason is for greater expossure (larger markets...Primarily the 3A guys).

I agree with you on the point about Long at Kelly. Most people just assume that Kelly gets these great athletes, but not the case. They are actually a small school and have low numbers in their football program.

You are right about Kelly. The kid I know over there that starts would not had a chance to start at PN-G or Nederland.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If Satcher is the guy he'll rise to the top in the interview process. Best of luck to all candidates. We just need the best.

VegasNDN

I'm very happy to see that someone has dedicated a full thread to David. Everything 19cherokee90 said about him is true. I have not known him most of my life. But I did share the field with him and graduated with him. He is very intelligent and seems to be making a name for himself. It would be a shame if the Board cannot look past Long. It seems to me by the other posts and threads that the "interview process" will just be a bunch of smoke and mirrors to avoid any legal issues. I think I might move back home just to run for the School Board!

Redbone1

It’s a shame no one on this message board will have a say in the decision of MB’s replacement. Because, there are some good ideals on here. Also, don’t be shocked if the panel, or person, deciding the new HC position does not already have a candidate selected. It not unusually for a candidate to be selected before a job is posted. It’s call politics and it happens a lot in business.

Now, I’m for bringing in new blood, from outside the excising staff. New minds and a new style of football is extremely what’s needed at PNG. And I have the same opinion as 19cherokee90, that Satcher would be a great person for the job. The game of football is changing and he has been around more than one program and can bring new ideas to our school. I totally believe HS kids can learn a more advance form of the game. I know our kids are intelligent enough to play something other than a running game. I’ve been away from the area for 15 years. I was shocked to death this year by the fans. They don’t yell and do scapen Indians like they did in the pass. What has happen?

19cherokee90

super post Laredbone...you know..it's been tough the last couple of years...it's always hard to see a team with decent talent fail. if im right we did alot of this in the 80's. then BOOM danny malone comes in with a wide open ...advanced offense and things went crazy...those days are comming back and if we are lucky enough to get someone like satcher in here it may be as soon as next year.

we have some EXTREMELY talented underclassmen comming up who really know the meaning of COMPETE and play with alot of fire. Im with you i wanna see a coach come in and give these boys a really advanced wide open offense and a take your head off into next week defense and lets shake things up a bit.

On a side note..you know danny malone let the qb and recievers determine what routes they would run on each and every play?? The recievers would line up and signal to the quarterback what they were going to run according to how the defenders were lined up on them. Now tell me these aged kids cant run an advanced system that takes making choices important. Kids are smart these days...alot smarter than we were and these kids understand the game.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
What did you think of his philosephy or do you think it was Burnetts in 1999.

Indian99

500+ Posts
I think that it was definitely Coach Long's offensive philosophy and that he called all the plays, but the plays were all prescreened by Coach Burnett. The offense you saw on the field was Coach Long's, and it was evident how productive we were with his offense.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Indian99 said:
I think that it was definitely Coach Long's offensive philosophy and that he called all the plays, but the plays were all prescreened by Coach Burnett. The offense you saw on the field was Coach Long's, and it was evident how productive we were with his offense.

One quick question for you 99. Was Long allowed to audible, and did he do it often?

mdog

Leredbone,
You sound alot like 19Cherokee90. Could it be the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree?

PNG1992

Port Neches, TEXAS
Indian99 said:

best QB in the history of the school and underrated WR's & RB. Your class made the state championship in baseball & football so the athletes were exceptional. Id prefer to analyze his record before and after 1999. I am not against Coach Long just want to look at the entire picture here.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
Yeah, seems like 19cherokee90 is bringing in his troops to fight for satcher. Especially Laredbone, who just registered after cherokee did. (seems kind of suspicious to me)

Indian99

500+ Posts
akifan94,

Yes, there were certain plays where Dustin was allowed to audible. I remember on specific pass plays where he did not know which was his #1 receiver until he got up to the line and read the defense, then he did a hand signal to his receivers to let them know which route to run.

19cherokee90

i have no clue who laredbone is.....i know who satcher is...he's the best prospect we have going an he will lead this team to a state championship.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
OK everyone. The excitement of hiring a new head coach, and the opinions about candidates is upon us. We've had a lot of negative vibes over the years concerning the program. Let's not turn this into the same. ;D

Redbone1

modmouse78 said:
Yeah, seems like 19cherokee90 is bringing in his troops to fight for satcher. Especially Laredbone, who just registered after cherokee did. (seems kind of suspicious to me)

Well modmouse78......your suspicious just becasue I registered on this board a little after who ever cherokee90 is. Sounds to me like your reaching for straws just becuase you know we are correct. Question.....Did you go to a game this pass year?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores