David Satcher is our man!!!!

Redbone1

19cherokee90 said:
atleast I have the gall to voice my opinion...by the way I havent seen you say who you are hoping comes in??

man i never would have thought i'd catch so much flack for supporting a former indian and a coach with a resume like satchers..

there are ALOT of people around town that support him also..and i mean ALOT..I guess their all his secret agents too??

My opinion is Defense wins championships..if you ask any knowledgable football person they will tell you the same. Regardless of who I know... David Satcher is a proven defensive standout and whether I knew him from a hole in the wall..i would look at all the stats of all the hopeful coaches and the defensive accomplishments would stand out in the front of the line.

if your stating it's somehow strange that I would support satcher there is probably about half the population of port neches and groves readin these boards with my same views and with the same support for satch. Heck...Ive even seen people from beaumont and wo-s stating the same views. As a matter of fact the first time I saw Satchers name thrown into the mix it actually came from a guy from beaumont if Im not mistaken.

Bottom line...Im just showing my support for a guy who obviously should be concidered and at the same time showing support for a friend...

thats a bad habit of mine...supporting my friends...forgive me.

:clap: Don't every stop supporting a friend. That's what friends do. They trying to help each other anyway they can.............. I wish I had a friend.

Redbone1

coonass322 said:
I think (Satch) is a good coach but dont think he will be the new coach....

The other comments about coaches not leaving bigger schools and coming to PNG would only be true if you were talking about the head coach...My comments have been directed toward those coaches who have proven OC/DC records with proven programs...Those are the coaches I think could take this opportunity and run with it..(no pun intended).....

I do not believe that programs that just happen to win and go 3 or 4 rounds once every 15-20 years would be proven..Talent does come around every now and then...

Who can prooduce during the talented years is one thing but those who can produce when there is a lack of talent are the "exceptions"......Thats what is needed....

Ok......I now see what you are saying. It's the OC/DC's you are saying from those schools may like to come to our school. Well maybe so.... but they may just make more also than PNG can afford. So many time it's the OC/DC that really make or breaks a program. Thing are funny sometimes. You can be the worst coach there is but if you surround your self with great coach's under you, and let then do there job, you can be made into a saint.
You don't always see what's really the picture.
I wounder if MB will have any in put into the choice. It's a shame on what happen. We all and I mean all really like him and was pulling for him to continue to do a great job. He will always be in the hearts of true INDIANS fan for his time with the school.
I wish only the best for him. I really feel sorry for him because you know in his heart he was trying to do the best he could and would have love to win every game that he played. So MB if you read this board....may God bless you and yours and remember when he close one door he opens another. Just wait and the light will start shinning through before you know it.

19cherokee90

hahahahahaha....i wish i had a friend...thats classic!!!!!!!!!!!

i take it your friendless??

I overheard somebody saying you used to have some friends that likeD to hang out in your garage and play pool....but they turned on you becasue they couldnt ever understand what "over yonder" meant???

C

coonass322

One item no one has mentioned is the "summer camp" money that is produced at these suburban schools like the ones I mentioned before....This is where those OC/DC's are making the money to continue to stay with the big programs....heck if they can pull 60-65K base as an OC/DC then pull in another 5-10K these guys are happy not being at the top taking the criticism, nor having to worry about losing their job every couple years....

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
19cherokee90 said:
atleast I have the gall to voice my opinion...by the way I havent seen you say who you are hoping comes in??

man i never would have thought i'd catch so much flack for supporting a former indian and a coach with a resume like satchers..

there are ALOT of people around town that support him also..and i mean ALOT..I guess their all his secret agents too??

My opinion is Defense wins championships..if you ask any knowledgable football person they will tell you the same. Regardless of who I know... David Satcher is a proven defensive standout and whether I knew him from a hole in the wall..i would look at all the stats of all the hopeful coaches and the defensive accomplishments would stand out in the front of the line.

if your stating it's somehow strange that I would support satcher there is probably about half the population of port neches and groves readin these boards with my same views and with the same support for satch. Heck...Ive even seen people from beaumont and wo-s stating the same views. As a matter of fact the first time I saw Satchers name thrown into the mix it actually came from a guy from beaumont if Im not mistaken.

Bottom line...Im just showing my support for a guy who obviously should be concidered and at the same time showing support for a friend...

thats a bad habit of mine...supporting my friends...forgive me.

OMG! Don't get your panties in a knot! I only made that comment because you've only aggresively promoted him like 20 times on here (and other boards too). I'm all for supporting your friends. Got no problem with that at all.
And as far as your comment about "not seeing my opinion about who we should hire"...it's real simple, once the postion is opened up and applications start rolling in, and as I learn more about each coach that's applying, then I will have an opinion. I don't have "target fixation" as some do, and I won't have a favorite until I know who's available and interested. And it may turn out that Satcher is my favorite (not that any of this will actually matter), but I won't decide until I know more.
Don't get me wrong about your opinion of Satcher. I'm sure he's a great guy (he seems to be a very good coach), and he may be just what this district needs to turn things around. It's just that the constant, slightly overzealous promoting of this guy seems a bit extreme, and I believe EVERYONE has gotten your point.

And besides, my comment was only one of a joking matter. You're pretty new on here, so you don't know much about me
2.gif
, but others will attest to the fact that probably 75% of what I type is either having fun, or trying to make some fun out of a dull subject.
3.gif

Promote him all you want, I really don't care (I don't mean that in a bad way). But we all know that no matter what ANY of us say, none of it will matter when the board gets together to hire someone.

Peace
1.gif

former ndn

I do agree with you about defense wins championships...but I don't care who the coach is when you have a 135 maybe 145 pound DB lead your teams in tackles as PN-G did this year...you are going to have a hard time winning games...nothing against the kid..he did a great job he led the team in tackles...but there might not have been as much to work with as everyone thinks(not trying to say anything bad about any of the players)...from what i hear we have a great DC right now and he does a great job gettting the best out of his players...we have to face it we are not gonna have the talent at PN-G to contend for a state title every year...we are lucky to go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs every so often and then once in a while we get a team like the 99 team come along...if you look at our last two playoff loses they come against teams that won state...kilgore had i dont know how many kids go D1... last year they faced the MVP of the state a kid who had over 200 all purpose yards against USC...so how are you going to expect us to stop him if USC cant even stop him...im not trying to down play any kids at PN-G.. I played at PN-G... i just know that we arent always gonna have the talent it takes to compete with best teams in the state...we dont even send kids to the college level so how do you expect us to compete against teams that are sending multiple kids to D1 schools...we get abunch of hard nose average size above average athletes that play there butts off and love to compete..thats how PN-G wins...its nothing spectacular its hard nose in you face football...we have always been known as a physical team thats how we have won...starting to ramble now...it just seems some of all want us to go to state every year and thats just not gonna happen

modmouse78

100+ Posts
We are not saying we want to go to state every year, just that we want someone that will give us a chance to win. It had become apparent that it was not happening. The defense did not look that bad this year. They just got tired of being on the field all the time. I don't care how good you are, or how many d1 players you have, you can't expect them to stay on the field most of the game and be effective. Our defense is what kept it better than it should have been in some of those games. Coach Broussard does a good job with the boys. He just needs someone on the other side of the ball to keep the other team guessing and keep our defense from having to put in so many minutes.

fujita5

I think most everyone here would agree that we really want the same thing. A coach that will put a team on the field every year that is given every opportunity to win every game. Not just show up and hope to survive. Being a state power house may come or it may not. I just want our kids to have a real chance at winning in a tough district, and go as far as they can in the playoffs. I will always be proud of them either way.

We all know it all has to come together in all phases.

The right coach for this team is out there. He is looking for a fresh challenge, and a place that has tons of tradition.

We are all ready for it.

19cherokee90

PNG Proud said:

OMG! Don't get your panties in a knot! I only made that comment because you've only aggresively promoted him like 20 times on here (and other boards too).

Peace
1.gif

I dont post on other boards...Ive posted on another one about junior league football but i dont think ive even mentioned satcher anywhere but here....maybe ya have me mistaken for somebody else?? Seems thats been happenin alot lately.

tribesman

100+ Posts
former ndn said:
I do agree with you about defense wins championships...but I don't care who the coach is when you have a 135 maybe 145 pound DB lead your teams in tackles as PN-G did this year...you are going to have a hard time winning games...nothing against the kid..he did a great job he led the team in tackles...but there might not have been as much to work with as everyone thinks(not trying to say anything bad about any of the players)...from what i hear we have a great DC right now and he does a great job gettting the best out of his players...we have to face it we are not gonna have the talent at PN-G to contend for a state title every year...we are lucky to go a couple rounds deep in the playoffs every so often and then once in a while we get a team like the 99 team come along...if you look at our last two playoff loses they come against teams that won state...kilgore had i dont know how many kids go D1... last year they faced the MVP of the state a kid who had over 200 all purpose yards against USC...so how are you going to expect us to stop him if USC cant even stop him...im not trying to down play any kids at PN-G.. I played at PN-G... i just know that we arent always gonna have the talent it takes to compete with best teams in the state...we dont even send kids to the college level so how do you expect us to compete against teams that are sending multiple kids to D1 schools...we get abunch of hard nose average size above average athletes that play there butts off and love to compete..thats how PN-G wins...its nothing spectacular its hard nose in you face football...we have always been known as a physical team thats how we have won...starting to ramble now...it just seems some of all want us to go to state every year and thats just not gonna happen

Is that you, Halliburton ?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores