Dayton Broncos @ Port Neches-Groves Indians

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Two evenly matched teams. Dayton executed better. But PN-G did enough to get the win. Both deserved to win. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought game.

Shea Adams needs more time under center going forward. He is a superstar in the making.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
PN-G 35
Dayton 28

Final

Great high school football game by two good teams. Big win for PN-G. Credit to the PN-G kids for fighting, competing, and making big plays under pressure. Proud of the Indians. Nice game Dayton. Just a little too much PN-G Indians. Proud of our kids.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Offensive Coaches needs to call Todd and Riley Dodge and ask them for some help with offensive schemes. Awful offensive play calling and schemes.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I honestly didn’t think the offense could do it. Glad I was wrong. Maybe it will provide needed confidence.

bandkid

Staff member
Things are clicking on special teams and defense. We still have some things to figure out on offense. I agree with an earlier comment about bringing in Todd Dodge. We can still use him as a consultant, and I think Crippen and Shea would both benefit from his tutelage under center.

indians87

Tonight I think we saw what needed to be seen. Crippen needed to learn what the coaching staff wants out of him and that Crippen is starting to trust his coaches. Crippen is not a running QB like we have had in the past. But when he trust the coaches he can be one of the most accurate QB’s in the area. This team is coming together and if they buy in to what the coaches are doing they can be very tough to beat.

100+ Posts
Man, I'm just glad PNG won. I'd like to see the replay of Dayton's last touchdown, if I can find it somewhere.

100+ Posts
I'd like to see the replay of Dayton's last touchdown, if I can find it somewhere.
I'd also like to see replays of some of the ball spots. Especially the pass reception made right on the first down marker. The receiver wasn't knocked out of bounds, he stepped out of bounds, at what appeared to be just past the marker.

I like seeing #18 getting the ball thrown his way more, we seem to win when that happens. Also, our kicker is a good kicker, and he got us some needed points when the offense couldn't seem to score. The one that sailed wide would have possibly won the game. You never know, of course. But anyway, I'm just so glad that we won, and have that one behind us. I don't think it's as big a factor as it used to be, but still, I don't like homecoming games.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I thought this was a team game.
It is a team game. When PN-G needs big plays, #19 makes them. He is a go-to player. Lots of kids contributing and doing good things. Defensively, PN-G is exponentially better. ST has made big plays.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores