Discussion/Status Reports from the Spring 2013 Offseason

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Any reports? I do not believe PN-G will participate in Spring football (with pads and the Purple/White game), but are there any updates or reports on offseason drills? Any organized work outs during the athletic period(s)? Position battles? Position changes?

Do we have kids in the football program that participate in Power Lifting and Track/Field? I know we have a bunch in baseball. Here's to getting bigger, stronger and faster. I hope we find some leaders this offseason...no more 2-8 b/s.

Will the coaching staff attend camps or visit college campuses this Spring/Summer?

I'm hungry for some PN-G football news. Ok...back to work.

Go Indians. Peace.

bark

1,000+ Posts
Seems like I remember someone posting that we are not having Spring Training.

You would think we would have some shotputters that power lift too.

PNGDAD15

I know some of the boys have been going to the football combines being held around the state. I saw Rose and a PNMS football player at one a few weeks ago in Houston.
Update: Nick Valentine wins OL MVP while playing as a DE at National Underclassman Combine in Dallas for Freshman group this past weekend. Hard work paying off.

PNGDAD15

I don't know for sure but my guess is it's because of all the players that are multi-sport athletes. We have a lot of players in baseball and a few in soccer. I guess it's not worth loosing the extra practice time in fall if you are missing so many players.

coach85

A lot of talent but very selfish attitude. Hopefully it humbled him when he got put on JV this year.

badndn

500+ Posts
coach85 said:
A lot of talent but very selfish attitude. Hopefully it humbled him when he got put on JV this year.
??? JV
He was on Varsity until he quit. Never on JV.
Heard he asked BF to come back a few days after quiting and was told no. Was this incorrect?
I would hope he could get a second chance next year. I am sure it would be contingent on correcting some issue, but kids make mistakes, you only find out if they've learned from them with second chances.

bandkid

Staff member
badndn said:
coach85 said:
??? JV
He was on Varsity until he quit. Never on JV.
Heard he asked BF to come back a few days after quiting and was told no. Was this incorrect?
I would hope he could get a second chance next year. I am sure it would be contingent on correcting some issue, but kids make mistakes, you only find out if they've learned from them with second chances.

I think Chipman got bumped down to JV in baseball and that's what he was referring to.

coach85

I was referring to baseball. I heard the same story about football though. But I heard it was what he told BF when he quit that kept him from being allowed to come back. But you know how second hand info can be twisted from what actually happened.

newindianfan

Hope people would get information right on Chipman. He never asked BF to play football last season,and about being selfish. I know him personally and he wants his career to be in baseball. Speaking without knowing the real facts is dumb and wrong.

badndn

500+ Posts
newindianfan said:
Hope people would get information right on Chipman. He never asked BF to play football last season,and about being selfish. I know him personally and he wants his career to be in baseball. Speaking without knowing the real facts is dumb and wrong.
So did he quite football mid-season because he just wanted to focus on Baseball or his Rap Career? ;)

bark

1,000+ Posts
badndn said:
newindianfan said:
So did he quite football mid-season because he just wanted to focus on Baseball or his Rap Career? ;)

Is he still on the team?

Brevell has done a GREAT job this season!!! Hope he is here for many years to come.

png94

100+ Posts
Heard we have another transfer from Lumberton that is going to be a possible starting LB. Heard he is pretty good too. I'm ready for some football!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores