Discussion/Status Reports from the Spring 2013 Offseason

badndn

500+ Posts
Automo 65 said:
Two jobs are posted on district site...I spoke to a coach that said Arnaud is going to GMS and another football coach is moving to Austin (Wesinger, I think). Girls are losing Buchanan (softball) and Beagle (track). No other boys coaches are leaving at this point. Hopefully we can find some good coaches to come to the Reservation.
Buchanan is going to Frisco as an assitant softball coach. She announced it a couple days after the season...from my understanding Jessica Lemoine (former BC and ULL standout) has been hired as the new Head Softball Coach after two years at Kountze and one succesful year at Gilmer leading them to 22 wins (most in program history)...Good Luck to Coach Buchanan in her new endeavors (she will always be Purple at heart! ;D)...Welcome to the Reservation Coach Lamoine...All that Red in your wardrobe is going to have to be replaced soon! :clap:

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Like I stated in a previous post, I hope our boys are working on getting stronger. Would hate to see us get pushed around again like we did this past season.

hookem14

100+ Posts
justafan said:
Like I stated in a previous post, I hope our boys are working on getting stronger. Would hate to see us get pushed around again like we did this past season.
Lack of hard work in the offseason (weight room or otherwise), is not why we got pushed around last season. Those boys worked hard just as these boys are doing and will continue to do!

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree that our boys always work as hard as anyone. Going back to Troy through Burnett the kids have always been dedicated to hard work. Starting in the 7th grade the coaches do a outstanding job and at GMS with Arnaud asking to go there has to be a big plus for the football and basketball programs at that Campus.

Looking forward to the upcoming season.

png94

100+ Posts
I think you guys are going to see a big change come August. There is a lot of enthusiasm in these in coming Soph and JR's. I know most of the boys will be going to Indians Course along with working out on their own. They have a strong desire and determination to win. I'm anxious to see how these boys in the trenches come together.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Looking forward to seeing these kids play as a Team and get some excitement back on Friday nights.

oh...... and lets BEAT NEDERLAND this year!!! :rocks:

bark

1,000+ Posts
Any one know much about the coach from Sweeny that got the PNG job?

His team last year was #1 for a while in 3A

turn2

His team was no.1 all year till the playoffs, he lost his no.1 pitcher shoulder injury and catcher due to a broke hand right before the playoffs. Both are going to a d-1 school. I believe he is also a line coach for football. From what I read he has over 400 wins and 2 Louisianna state championships.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
bark said:
Any one know much about the coach from Sweeny that got the PNG job?

His team last year was #1 for a while in 3A

Looks like the Board will be hiring several coaches Monday at a special meeting

png9mon1

Mailed My Order In first thing This Morning!!! It Just would'nt be the same without that big clunky envelope full of tickets coming thru the mail! This is my 49th year of Indian Football!!! I LOVE IT!!! :woohoo:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores