District 8-5A Standings and Scores

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland will more likely battle Lake Creek and Magnolia for 3rd or 4th place.

PN-G
Huntsville
Montgomery
Lake Creek
Nederland

The rest of the district is turning out to be cupcakes.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I was implying that they’ll need to beat Lake Creek and Magnolia to even get in. Huntsville seems to be a lock for at least 2nd. But you never know. Lake Creek may still rise from the ashes and anything can happen.

Nederland has only played the weak district teams. If they can in fact beat the top teams then kudos to them.

Eazy Money

I am curious of the district tiebreakers. What if PNG loses to Montgomery and there is a 3 way tie for 1st. What if Huntsville loses to Lake Creek and there is a 3 way tie for 2nd? More what if’s, but the tiebreaker rules may come into play.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
I am curious of the district tiebreakers. What if PNG loses to Montgomery and there is a 3 way tie for 1st. What if Huntsville loses to Lake Creek and there is a 3 way tie for 2nd? More what if’s, but the tiebreaker rules may come into play.
If a team has beaten both of the other teams in the three way tie they would win the tiebreaker. However, if none of the teams has swept the other two I think it typically boils down to some type of points differential during games between the tied teams.

tony79

If a team has beaten both of the other teams in the three way tie they would win the tiebreaker. However, if none of the teams has swept the other two I think it typically boils down to some type of points differential during games between the tied teams.
This might help.

19PNGndn68

Nederland will more likely battle Lake Creek and Magnolia for 3rd or 4th place.

PN-G
Huntsville
Magnolia
Lake Creek
Nederland

The rest of the district is turning out to be cupcakes.
As I understand The 5AD2 playoff brackets.
Our District 8 runnerup has a home bi-district game against the District 7 third place team which is currently 2-4 DFW WhiteHouse. Win and you get SOC at a neutral site.

Our District 8 third place finisher travels to the DFW area to play a bi-district game against the District 7 runner up at their place. That District 7 team is currently Marshall (4-1) who just loss to (top 1-4) state ranked depending on poll ) Texarkana 43-42 last night. Win two playoff games and you get SOC at a neutral site.

Our district 8 fourth place finisher travels to the Oklahoma/Texas border and plays a bidistrict game against the current District 7 leader at 6-0 Texarkana. MaxPreps has them ranked no. 1. DCF has them in top 5. Win three playoff games and you get SOC at a neutral site.

District 8 runner up is not a desirable playoff position unless you want SOC early and want to avoid Texarkana until the Semifinals.

Rez

I originally felt Dist 8 runner up was not desirable, but you have to play SOC at some point. If you can beat them in Round 2, you can probably get to Round 4.
That’s the attitude I like. It’s probably just superstition, but I get a little uneasy when we start worrying about who we play in the playoffs and when we’ll play them - It angers the sports gods. I guarantee SOC isn’t sitting there worrying about when they play PnG or Huntsville. I’d rather just fear no one than read the tea leaves for a sign we can hide from good opponents.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores