District 8-5A Standings and Scores

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Montgomery is capable of giving PNG trouble. They have some good size. They have an extremely elusive QB (something PNG has struggled with all season). Their receivers know how to get open (our secondary is weak - Even the Splendora receivers were getting open on us). That’s not to say I think Montgomery will beat us. We’ll be able to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, and if we want to we can run it down their throat all night. But Montgomery’s not a pushover. I’d also argue they’re better than Nederland.

Been saying the same thing about our secondary, but got a lot of heat.

19PNGndn68

Our run defense did not look good vs. West Fork on the plus side our offense is improving weekly Thomas has 12TDS rushing on the year and will probably end up with a Ross Labove type year on the ground...BTW both our Freshman A and JV teams are undefeated 6-0 on the year. Freshman B is 5-1 the only loss coming to Port Arthur Memorial
If you are not aware of the voting site poll for the nations best high school rivalry, please have the Bull Dog fans join with PNG to let the nation know the pride we all have in MCM. Over 3000 votes cast, but the second place East Coast rivalry is gaining momentum approaching 1000 votes. Link to voting site is contained in links on this site. Between our two communities 10000 votes should be an easy reach based on the football passions and pride we share.

tony79

If you are not aware of the voting site poll for the nations best high school rivalry, please have the Bull Dog fans join with PNG to let the nation know the pride we all have in MCM. Over 3000 votes cast, but the second place East Coast rivalry is gaining momentum approaching 1000 votes. Link to voting site is contained in links on this site. Between our two communities 10000 votes should be an easy reach based on the football passions and pride we share.
Check this out

NHSBulldogFan

Got all the Bulldog fans to jump in on the poll currently sitting as just above 4000 votes total and counting

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Y’all have no idea how much I would enjoy having PN-G and Nederland be district champs and runners-up, respectively, in a district with so many north Houston teams.
True but not a likely possibility. PN-G, Huntsville, Magnolia and Lake Creek have the inside track to the playoffs. But all they need to do is knock of one or more of those teams. Anything is possible.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I think Nederland has a shot to beat MLC. Our secondary survived Eli Morcos, maybe Nederland’s DBs will do the same? I much preferred Coach McDaniel’s second half game plan where he dialed up a bunch of different blitz packages and heated up Morcos vs allowing him to stand tall and pick the defense apart…or allowing him to run wild. Remember PN-G held MLC to 14 points in the second half when Coach McDaniel decided to turn up the heat. Thomas may run for 400 yards the way Chatagnier and Henry ran for chunks of yards. Nederland being home makes this game a toss up for me.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
One and two will be PN-G and Huntsville. After that, I’m not sure. I think Huntsville exposed Montgomery. The Indians have the same, if not better, front seven defensive talent as the Hornets. PN-G DL and LBs should contain the Montgomery QB. No one will stop him, but PN-G has the front seven to contain him ala Huntsville. Numbers three and four will come down to Nederland, Montgomery, and maybe MLC. Looking back, how huge was PN-G’s win @ Huntsville!!! Big boy football as the Indians get a monster road win. No other team in the district could do that…the Indians did and said thank you very much!

99JBBG

One and two will be PN-G and Huntsville. After that, I’m not sure. I think Huntsville exposed Montgomery. The Indians have the same, if not better, front seven defensive talent as the Hornets. PN-G DL and LBs should contain the Montgomery QB. No one will stop him, but PN-G has the front seven to contain him ala Huntsville. Numbers three and four will come down to Nederland, Montgomery, and maybe MLC. Looking back, how huge was PN-G’s win @ Huntsville!!! Big boy football as the Indians get a monster road win. No other team in the district could do that…the Indians did and said thank you very much!
The Huntsville game was a huge win. I know the MLC game was a big deal. But I would imagine the Huntsville win helped them feel more like the team of this year. Living in the shadow of a state championship winning team isn't easy. The Huntsville win definitely let them prove their identity to themselves.

19PNGndn68

I have a simple look at the playoffs. You just have to beat whoever is in front of you. Sure we can hope for certain teams to get upset to give us a better match up, but to get to state this season will have to be earned. Thats for sure. Just like the last two years. What the re-alignment committee did to favor LH was pathetic. They need to be looked into.

True but not a likely possibility. PN-G, Huntsville, Magnolia and Lake Creek have the inside track to the playoffs. But all they need to do is knock of one or more of those teams. Anything is possible.
I would like to see the faces on those far west 5AD2 Region 2 District 8 teams having to travel Texarkana and Marshall to play a bi district game. PNG had a 16 hr round road trip against SOC in two title games while SOC had a 30 minute trip to ATT stadium. UIL should alternate the site between Houston Reliant and ATT stadiums. Quite a Home field advantage for DFW teams.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Once you get past the allure of AT&T Stadium, consider the cost, traffic, parking hassle and uncomfortable seating, NRG looks very attractive. The thing I dislike most about AT&T is everyone spends a good part of the game staring up at that screen. Fans and players. And the $15 bottle of water was tough to swallow too.

I like the rotation idea too. San Antonio is not a bad place to watch a game either.

19PNGndn68

Once you get past the allure of AT&T Stadium, consider the cost, traffic, parking hassle and uncomfortable seating, NRG looks very attractive. The thing I dislike most about AT&T is everyone spends a good part of the game staring up at that screen. Fans and players. And the $15 bottle of water was tough to swallow too.

I like the rotation idea too. San Antonio is not a bad place to watch a game either.
I fully agree ATT stadium screens take crowds out of the game and turns most spectators into TV zombies. might as well be at home watching Bailey Sports Netwok. PNG fan base adjusted in the second SOC title game and remained engaged with the players and game on the field. In the first SOC title game I sat there in disbelief as those ATT stadium screens silenced our fan base. Who are We!!! PNG

tony79

They should turn the thing off! It takes away from the game and the community, band, etc. that are supporting their team. Maybe a few exceptions for like replays and such.

Torino

500+ Posts

Alamodome.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores