Dream of the Future: Indoor Practice Facility

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The master site plan includes space for a 90 yard area that could be used for field events (discus and shot put) and an 80 yard practice field with a ten yard end zone.

1691641585080.png

That's potentially a great spot for an indoor practice facility for football and other sports. A grass field for field events would have to be found, but that's an easy compromise.

An indoor practice facility would be a tremendous benefit to the Indian athletic program. It would get the kids out of the summer heat and away from mosquitoes, and allow better off season and practice options in cold weather. And it would provide PN-G student athletes with a premiere facility that programs like Odessa Permian and Lake Travis enjoy now.

The weight room would be another dream setup but space seems limited to build that out.

Do we dare dream? All it would take is some big name donors to step up along with strong community support.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Please consider supporting and helping the district make this a reality.

http://www.boards.pngindians.com/index.php/topic,1647.0.html

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
web.jpg

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
Here's video of what practice in such a facility looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJxlSMdZdDU&feature=player_embedded#!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
It will also help to make the stadium field turf last longer, since this facility will absorb some of the daily work outs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Probably tough to raise money these days. Booster Club needs to approach some deep pockets. (successful sports figures that attended PNG, local doctors, business owners, etc.)

bark

1,000+ Posts
I have not heard of how much $ has been earmarked for the facility. I am certain the BC Board Members read this thread, would one of you guys let us know? Someone may have the capability to do just what IndianFan stated and make up the difference.

bandkid

Staff member
I heard a rumor that someone is donating several million dollars to NISD for a new stadium. If it's true and the bulldogs can come up with the money for that, I'm sure we can raise the cash for this.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Let's change our colors to black and gold and see if they change theirs to purple and white............... j/k... that would be disgusting.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Maybe someone should put a bug in Coach Wade Phillips ear! I don't think it would hurt his pocket book a bit! ;D. Don't think for a min our friends from across the tracks haven't thought about reaching out to him to help fund their stadium! Not saying he would donate to either school but it's worth a shot huh?

attakapandn

100+ Posts
to me the person to contact with strong PNG ties is Wade Phillips! Can get him to donate the funds and name the building after him! Can be a legacy thing for him!

Indian03

100+ Posts
Dear Indian Supporters,

The PNG Athletic Booster Club is working to get all Indian student athletes into first class athletic facilities. The centerpiece of these efforts will be the All Purpose Facility. This state of the art facility will sit directly behind the field house and be 31,500 square feet. The APF will contain a 50 yard turf field and a 50 yard hanging net. The facility will be used by band, baseball, softball, football, Indianettes, soccer, cheerleaders and golf. The facility will accommodate all groups during inclement weather and allows us to do twice as much work in the off season.

Any successful athletic program is a direct result of a supportive and proactive community that not only demands the best, but makes the sacrifices necessary to be the best. At this point in time, our school district (like many others) is dealing with a budget deficit that will make it difficult for them to assist in this project. Therefore, the building will only be built with money from private donations. This type of project is a huge undertaking but has the potential to benefit the PNG Indians for decades to come.

All tax deductible donations can be made to the PNG Athletic Booster Club and mailed to the address below. Please call the athletic office at 409-729-7644 ext. 123 if you have any questions. If you would like to make a donation by credit card you may do so by going to our booster club website at pngabc.com.

Please forward this letter to any fans or alumni that you think may be interested in donating. Thanks in advance for your help on the Reservation.

Mail donations to…
PNG ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB
P.O. BOX 850
GROVES, TX 77619

bark

1,000+ Posts
What is the projected cost of the facility and who will pay for the monthly cost such as electrical, insurance, maintence etc...

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores