Dream of the Future Revisited: Multipurpose Indoor Facility

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
To me you have to sell it to the band crowd

There’s (more than) twice as many parents with kids boiling in the sun that are band and Indianettes etc
Then maybe for graduations etc if you make it multipurpose that’s where you get everyone behind you

If anyone needs it it’s PNG

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Someone’s brother in law doesn’t own the company yet
(Brother in law is my way of saying corruption “someone’s brother in law has this HWY contract that has lasted 10 years”)

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
I love whatever it takes to bring the kids in

BUT at the same time
Hey
We fielded the toughest kids in TXHSFB the last 2+ (maybe 70) years

But not dousing the fire of wanting/needing it
Usually during my eye test in pregame I try to gauge the misery factor (“it’s hot out here can’t we go into the AC?”) haha

And we win that battle most of the time

So maybe practicing in the heat and elements isn’t too bad of a thing

But I’m not on the we don’t need it side at all.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It’s also beneficial to all sports year round and for the bands.

More than likely it takes a big corporate donation to make a build like that possible. Although a bond issue could have easily included a few million for a nice facility.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I love whatever it takes to bring the kids in

BUT at the same time
Hey
We fielded the toughest kids in TXHSFB the last 2+ (maybe 70) years

But not dousing the fire of wanting/needing it
Usually during my eye test in pregame I try to gauge the misery factor (“it’s hot out here can’t we go into the AC?”) haha

And we win that battle most of the time

So maybe practicing in the heat and elements isn’t too bad of a thing

But I’m not on the we don’t need it side at all.
Agree. An indoor facility won’t earn/buy championships. Hard work and the resulting strength and endurance builds champions. And playing smart and as a team minus personal egos. Easier said than done.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Agree that if any district is able to build such a facility, PNGISD should be able to. But Memorial or any other team won’t get ahead of anyone because of a covered practice field. The path to success lies in the hearts and heads of each player, and the coaching staffs ability to focus effort and maximize player potential. That defines PNG football. The last two seasons have proven it. Some programs have proven that they seldom have that capability despite potential. Facilities won’t help with that.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Is the booster club still in existence? What is the level of involvement with coordinating fund raising? Is anyone here a member or regular attendee?

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
1724107022122.jpeg
For perspective
I labeled B as the “BARN”
Circled and yellow highlighted the field house (the JV field and Track gives you perspective on distance looks more like 140-150 yards
I put an X on what I believe (99% sure) is the new indoor facility
So instead of extremely MINOR upgrades to their existing “barn” they tore it down and built a whole new one
And I guarantee the biggest part was the distance (I’m unaware of any structural problems etc)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores