Existing coaching staff

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I think the some of the coaches at the middle school level just need to be motivated. I know that MB never went down to the middle schools, in the last few years when my kids were there anyway. Of course, there is one coach at the middle school level that acts like he couldn't care less about coaching. He puts no effort into his teams at all, leaving the other 2 coaches scrambling to do all the work. It is really is sad. That is the one that I say replace and fire up the others, cause they want to be there, but they need to be pumped up because they are so discouraged!

PNGIndianFan06

100+ Posts
Justafan said:
I do agree there are a couple coaches I hope stay, but there are several I think needs to be replaced. Coach Faircloth needs to build the foundation at the Junior High. PNG has suffered the past few yrs at this level.

I heard Faircloth is excited about Middle School and would prefer to have some of his better coaches at that level because he does want to build a sound foundation.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Justafan said:
I do agree there are a couple coaches I hope stay, but there are several I think needs to be replaced. Coach Faircloth needs to build the foundation at the Junior High. PNG has suffered the past few yrs at this level.

I heard Faircloth is excited about Middle School and would prefer to have some of his better coaches at that level because he does want to build a sound foundation.

SWEET!!!

bandkid

Staff member
PNGIndianFan06 said:
Justafan said:

That is most definitely needed. Some of the coaches I had in middle school were terrible.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I didn't mention names, wouldn't mention names. I didn't even say which middle school I was talking about. However I think it is interesting that you don't want any middle school coaches names listed, but nobody did or said anything when Dan Welch's name was drug all over these boards. Interesting!

NONS81

allstarmom said:
I didn't mention names, wouldn't mention names. I didn't even say which middle school I was talking about. However I think it is interesting that you don't want any middle school coaches names listed, but nobody did or said anything when Dan Welch's name was drug all over these boards. Interesting!

:eek:ld: :popcorn: :eek:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
allstarmom said:

#1, I didn't SAY that you mentioned any names, I just didn't want the thread to escelate to that point.
#2, I didn't personally see any coaches names "drug all over these boards" or, I would have handled it. Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, just trying to cut it off before it happened. (That's why I get paid the big bucks!!!!)

NONS81

PNG Proud said:
allstarmom said:

#1, I didn't SAY that you mentioned any names, I just didn't want the thread to escelate to that point.
#2, I didn't personally see any coaches names "drug all over these boards" or, I would have handled it. Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, just trying to cut it off before it happened. (That's why I get paid the big bucks!!!!)

Dan's name was mentioned several times during football season and was associated with "bad play calling" and people were calling for his head.

Lately, I have seen good things mentioned about him concerning the O Line and how people feel that should be his spot in the coaching staff since he is agreat O Line coach. Just clearing things up for you.... ;D

N

NDNPARENT

yeah please do not names names, for one i will defend Dan name , he is a good friend of mine and i will not let his name get tarnished! He is a great person will do anything for anyone!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
NDNPARENT said:
yeah please do not names names, for one i will defend Dan name , he is a good friend of mine and i will not let his name get tarnished! He is a great person will do anything for anyone!

I don't think anyone has mentioned his name!!!

squaw

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
allstarmom said:
And you do a good job!

allstarmom

100+ Posts
For the record, Dan, his wife, and his girls are dear friends of mine, so I was only trying to make a point. As a matter of fact during the season his NAME was called several times. There were posts all over the place about what a terrible OC we had. You think people didn't know his name or who was being referred to? Funny you should use the "ruffle your feathers" analogy because that is exactly what I thought I did to you in my original post.

Glad we got that cleared up. :whiteflag:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Nope, not at all. It's just that during the past 8 yrs., I've seen innocent posts, like yours, trigger a different response, and away it goes! I'm hoping that we're all beyond all of that now though.

ndn1994

pngfan93 said:
Coaching contracts are usually separate from teaching contracts. If any of these coaches are replaced coaching, they should still retain their teaching jobs. I'm not totally sure how PN-G does it though.

Actually, Coaches are on a DUAL ASSIGNMENT contract, and they're coaching and teaching are not separate. This is happening where I work right now. One coach does not want to coach anymore, but still wants to teach. HOwever, the dual assignment coaching and teaching position go together, so she has to make a decision to continue coaching, leave altoghether, or apply for another teaching position.

Do I agree with it? NO...but that's the way it is

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I have been at places where the coaching contracts are separate. The school I was most recently at had separate contracts. I guess the next question would be how PNGISD does it. My understanding is that coaching changes are coming.

Gumbeaux

I would think a new OC/DC would happen and move some guys around after that....Typically the norm for most programs....Maybe 1 other and then see how this season goes....

ScalpEm24

I can't imagine Coach not making any changes. I think it's natural progression when you bring in new philosophy.

allstarmom

100+ Posts
I am hoping he can bring in who he wants without anyone losing their job. There are 2 positions open at the HS (Riley's and Cobb's) and the middle school have been 1 coach short for a very long time. They have 3 apiece and every other school district has 4 at the middle schools. If they can add 1 more at each campus that bring the total of who he can bring in to 4.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I heard on another website that there were five coaches asked to leave. Is there any truth to this or just another rumor?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores