FINAL: PN-G 42, Liberty Hill 14

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
This is the best coaching staff at PN-G since 1973-1977. The preparation, game plans, and adjustments by this staff are second to none. They are outstanding coaches in all phases of the game...offense...defense...and special teams. The kids are coached up to execute, and these kids are confident that they will make great plays. LH busted the long run on the first series, but after that, PN-G's DC and his staff made adjustments and alignment changes and the Indians completely shut down the Panthers. Shut them down cold. You could feel the "IT" factor at the game. It did not feel like LH could threaten PN-G. The offensive staff at PN-G was not to be outdone. The TD with 4 seconds left on the clock, before the half, takes balls, big brass balls, and that score broke the will of LH. You could see it on the sidelines of LH. They knew PN-G was better. Then, PN-G came out in the 3Q and shut down LH again and the 4Q was all about getting the clock to 0:00. What a game. What a season. What a great coaching staff. What a great group of players. This post would be 10 pages long if I listed all the great players. A great group of kids believing in each other. This group is putting their stamp on PN-G's core values of HONOR, PRIDE, AND TRADITION. They are adding to the legacy of PN-G like few others have. Great kids playing outstanding ball. The 2022 PN-G Indians are going to win the whole thing. I don't know who they will play, but it doesn't matter. They are good enough to beat anybody. They're going to win it all. If PN-G can hang on to these coaches, you may see another run like 1974-1977.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
A certain fan from Crosby said for several years now that PNG or Nederland would never make state again because of changing demographics in the State of Texas and the way schools combine and form super schools. He stated that schools like ours that are land locked would never make it again. Well I say to him SUCK IT>>>>>>>........

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
BTW, on LH's second score, did anyone else think the LH RB was down (either on the ground or by contact) when he got off the ground then got tackled again at the goal line/pylon? I'd like to see a video of that play. I was on the opposite side of the 50, but it sure looked like the Indians had him stopped and then he popped off the ground and ran again. Not that it mattered, but was he down? Anyone got a video of that play? One more thing, in real time, it looks like LH snaps the ball before their offense is set. Isn't there a rule that you have to be set for a full second before you can snap the ball? The ref crew flagged LH a few times, but they do it all the time. The PN-G coaching staff had our kids on the DL on the ground and ready to go when LH broke the huddle. Excellent coaching and execution by PN-G. Other than the long run up the middle for 80 yards, did LH have another 100 yards, total? The Indians defense was awesome. All 11 kids. Go Indians.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Isaiah Nguyen led the way offensively with a game-high 261 yards on 31 carries. Shea Adams rushed 11 times for 23 yards and scored two touchdowns. He also caught three passes for 13 yards and one touchdown.

Senior Cole Crippen completed 17 of 26 passes for 237 yards and three touchdowns. Senior Landon Guarnere hauled in nine passes for 127 yards and one touchdown. Senior Chance Prosperie added three catches for 80 yards and one touchdown.

PNG (13-2) amassed 525 yards of total offense, 288 rushing and 237 passing.

The Indians defense held Liberty Hill to just 247 yards of offense, all coming on the ground.

NHSBulldogFan

BTW, on LH's second score, did anyone else think the LH RB was down (either on the ground or by contact) when he got off the ground then got tackled again at the goal line/pylon? I'd like to see a video of that play. I was on the opposite side of the 50, but it sure looked like the Indians had him stopped and then he popped off the ground and ran again. Not that it mattered, but was he down? Anyone got a video of that play? One more thing, in real time, it looks like LH snaps the ball before their offense is set. Isn't there a rule that you have to be set for a full second before you can snap the ball? The ref crew flagged LH a few times, but they do it all the time. The PN-G coaching staff had our kids on the DL on the ground and ready to go when LH broke the huddle. Excellent coaching and execution by PN-G. Other than the long run up the middle for 80 yards, did LH have another 100 yards, total? The Indians defense was awesome. All 11 kids. Go Indians.
Ask and you shall receive

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
BTW, on LH's second score, did anyone else think the LH RB was down (either on the ground or by contact) when he got off the ground then got tackled again at the goal line/pylon? I'd like to see a video of that play. I was on the opposite side of the 50, but it sure looked like the Indians had him stopped and then he popped off the ground and ran again.
On the angle from the broadcast it looks like he rolled over the defender. If he knee was down at any point the umpire would have been in the best position to make the call.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores