Gabe Pruett: Faircloth’s resume starting to speak for itself

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Many thanks to Gabe for spelling it out. Coach BF is a generational coach, and a coach I'm proud to call ours.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
One of the very best to ever coach at PN-G. And I think he will eventually prove that he is the best. For several reasons.

Torino

500+ Posts
Still one school board member who wants to fire him. Two others who wanted him gone leave the board this month, so his job is finally safe.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IndianFan said:
The political cesspool that has been present for years is finally draining?

Balsamo lost in the recent election :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I think now we have "Faircloth Friendly" board members.

Torino

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
The political cesspool that has been present for years is finally draining?
Better. 2 new members--have to see about one of them. Still one problem but she is marginalized now.

Tomahawk4

Don't be so sure about a Faircloth friendly board. There are some, including one new one, who is ready for him to go. Same thing for the players. Talk to kids and parents who play because they love the sport and school, not Faircloth. Former players, too.
My buddies and I like to guess who's daddies are on here singing his praises!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
Tomahawk4 said:
Don't be so sure about a Faircloth friendly board. There are some, including one new one, who is ready for him to go. Same thing for the players. Talk to kids and parents who play because they love the sport and school, not Faircloth. Former players, too.

PN-G will be the laughing stock of 22-5A AND the state if Coach Faircloth is run out of town after what he has done for this program. Not to mention - the reputation of the PNGISD will be tarnished throughout the state which will make it next to impossible to attract any future successful coaches. We will be stuck hanging our dreams on a local to lead the program who will play everyone's kid to keep the peace and forced to be happy with mediocore teams.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I assume you are talking about Matt Burnett? Don't forget he did go to the State Championship game and several playoff appearances.

I agree that Fairclothe is doing a good job fielding quality teams that play hard and represents us well. I hope he stays, good for the kids - I think - I really don't know.

However, 3rd round is as far as we have been (twice). Passing records are - well - just that records they are great but don't necessarily win Championships.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Minus Dustin Long's 30-7 W/L record (1997-1999), MB was a tad above .500. Without Dustin Long at QB (1994-1996; 2000-2008), MB won 10 games twice and did not advance past the area round (i.e., 2 rounds in the playoffs). Coach Faircloth has missed the playoffs one time. MB missed the playoffs more than he made them. Check the record books and do the math. Dustin Long and Mike Long took PN-G to the 1999 state championship game. Revisionist history is alive and well in the PN-GISD. Outside of MB's one run to the state championship with Dustin Long at QB, when did PN-G do all of this great stuff that you now want to crucify Coach Faircloth for under achieving? Some Indian fans are comical. They want a return to mediocrity. Let's go back to 5-5 records; run, run, pass, punt; and losing 10-3 or 14-7 or 3-0. Indian fans could be married to Cindy Crawford or Halle Berry and they would complain, "she can't cook." Let's just find something to complain about...my kid did not get to play...cry...complain...moan. Run off Coach Faircloth and see what type of coaching candidates PN-GISD receives in the application pool...a landlocked community, not the biggest enrollment or talent pool in its district, and politics from pre-K through grade 12...not to mention fans with revisionist history that are not supported by any facts whatsoever. Thank God for www.pngindians.com where sensible people can review and verify facts.

Go Indians. Peace.

hookem14

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
Minus Dustin Long's 30-7 W/L record (1997-1999), MB was a tad above .500. Without Dustin Long at QB (1994-1996; 2000-2008), MB won 10 games twice and did not advance past the area round (i.e., 2 rounds in the playoffs). Coach Faircloth has missed the playoffs one time. MB missed the playoffs more than he made them. Check the record books and do the math. Dustin Long and Mike Long took PN-G to the 1999 state championship game. Revisionist history is alive and well in the PN-GISD. Outside of MB's one run to the state championship with Dustin Long at QB, when did PN-G do all of this great stuff that you now want to crucify Coach Faircloth for under achieving? Some Indian fans are comical. They want a return to mediocrity. Let's go back to 5-5 records; run, run, pass, punt; and losing 10-3 or 14-7 or 3-0. Indian fans could be married to Cindy Crawford or Halle Berry and they would complain, "she can't cook." Let's just find something to complain about...my kid did not get to play...cry...complain...moan. Run off Coach Faircloth and see what type of coaching candidates PN-GISD receives in the application pool...a landlocked community, not the biggest enrollment or talent pool in its district, and politics from pre-K through grade 12...not to mention fans with revisionist history that are not supported by any facts whatsoever. Thank God for www.pngindians.com where sensible people can review and verify facts.

Go Indians. Peace.
+1,000,000

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
Tomahawk4 said:

PN-G will be the laughing stock of 22-5A AND the state if Coach Faircloth is run out of town after what he has done for this program. Not to mention - the reputation of the PNGISD will be tarnished throughout the state which will make it next to impossible to attract any future successful coaches. We will be stuck hanging our dreams on a local to lead the program who will play everyone's kid to keep the peace and forced to be happy with mediocore teams.

You nailed it!

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
1989NDN said:

Go Indians. Peace.

+1,000,000,000,000

twrpng

100+ Posts
Faircloth stays and rightfully so be careful what you ask for. He's done a great job and he's a great teacher. He has my vote and I hear most of the players say they like him and glade he's their coach.. Great season and congratulations to all the players and coaching staff ..

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
bark said:
I assume you are talking about Matt Burnett? Don't forget he did go to the State Championship game and several playoff appearances.

I agree that Fairclothe is doing a good job fielding quality teams that play hard and represents us well. I hope he stays, good for the kids - I think - I really don't know.

However, 3rd round is as far as we have been (twice). Passing records are - well - just that records they are great but don't necessarily win Championships.

I'm not sure if you were asking me - but no, I was not specifically referencing Burnett. I was just making the point that if Faircloth is run off; it will be perceived that politics has a place in Port Neches-Groves athletics and good luck attracting any quality candidates that will be interested in taking that on.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Here's some perspective.

Only 9 PN-G teams have ever been past the 3rd round. (1953, 1954, 1955, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1989, 1999)

Here's the coaching breakdown for those historic seasons.
44% Doug Ethridge (+Greg Davis+Bruce Bush...)
22% Gene McCollum
11% Matt Burnett (+Mike Long)
11% Danny Malone
11% Lewis Ford

And only 5 PN-G teams have ever won >11 games in a season.

Most Wins, Season
14 (1975, 1977, 1999)
13 (1976)
12 (1989)
11 (1946, 1947, 1954, 1955, 1974, 2009, 2016)
10 (1996, 2003)

Of the 14 PN-G teams that have won 10 or more games over 92 seasons, Faircloth has coached 2 of them in the past 8 years.

Why was 2016 described as a historic season? Because 11 wins has only been achieved 12 times in 92 years of football. And this team surpassed a lot of the accomplishments of those prior teams. 21 all-district selections is also probably a first.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Here's some perspective.

Only 9 PN-G teams have ever been past the 3rd round. (1953, 1954, 1955, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1989, 1999)

Here's the coaching breakdown for those historic seasons.
44% Doug Ethridge (+Greg Davis+Bruce Bush...)
22% Gene McCollum
11% Matt Burnett (+Mike Long)
11% Danny Malone
11% Lewis Ford

And only 5 PN-G teams have ever won >11 games in a season.

Most Wins, Season
14 (1975, 1977, 1999)
13 (1976)
12 (1989)
11 (1946, 1947, 1954, 1955, 1974, 2009, 2016)
10 (1996, 2003)

Of the 14 PN-G teams that have won 10 or more games over 92 seasons, Faircloth has coached 2 of them in the past 8 years.

Why was 2016 described as a historic season? Because 11 wins has only been achieved 12 times in 92 years of football. And this team surpassed a lot of the accomplishments of those prior teams. 21 all-district selections is also probably a first.

Yet some people still find reasons to complain. Let's line up the boys and hand out participation trophies. That should fix everything!!! SMH.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores