Game Day Discussion: PN-G vs Santa Fe

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The Indians (5-4, 3-3) travel to Santa Fe to play the 0-9 Santa Fe Indians

Kickoff at Santa Fe Indian Stadium is 7:30PM.

Listen live at cool925.com or FM 92.5 radio.

Check the web site for more PNG football info. pngindians.com

Discuss the live game here.

Good luck tonight Indians!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
DCTF Prediction

5A DIISanta Fe (0-9)Port Neches-Groves (5-4)Port Neches-Groves (5-4) favored by 39

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

Sounds like the team is working hard to improve.
Despite two-consecutive losses to Crosby and Texas City, PNG Head Coach Brandon Faircloth said his team is playing their best football of the season. The Indians are coming off an overtime loss to the Stings, where PNG overcame a 21-0 first-half deficit.

“They continue to get better,” Faircloth said of his team. “They are improving on the fundamentals like blocking and tackling. They play with great effort and are playing the game the right way. They aren’t having many metal busts. That is a testament to our coaches and our players getting better at practice.”

Prior to the Crosby loss, PNG had increased their scoring total for seven-straight weeks. Even in PNG loss to the Stings, the offense put on one of their best performances of the season. Against the top-ranked defense in the district, the Indians score 42 points and racked up 471 yards of offense. Prior to the game, Texas City had only allowed 108 total points through eight games (13.5 points per game) and held opposing teams to an average of 181 yards per game.

“I am so proud of the resiliency of the kids and the toughness and grit that they show,” Faircloth said. “That is just a characteristic of PNG football. Our kids have it and I am not sure all teams have that. I told them after the game how proud I was of them. A lot of teams would give up (down 21). It was exciting to watch them get stops and make plays. I love watching them play.”

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A few game notes
  • Brandon Faircloth will reach 100 wins with his next victory. A first for a PN-G head coach.
  • Koby Trahan is averaging 152 yards per game rushing going into week 10. If he gains 282 or more yards he can tie or surpass Gordon LeBoeuf's record for most yards averaged per game in a season (165).
  • Cole Crippen can become the 13th QB in PNG history to reach 2000 yards passing for the season. He needs to throw for about 70 yards to reach that milestone.
  • No stats to prove it but Chance Prosperie is having a big season at receiver.
  • Junior offensive tackle Jansen Ware continues to impress with dominating performances every week. He dominated Crosby's defensive line two weeks ago as he has done all year. Super Team and all-State honors are within reach for that young man.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores