Game Day: PN-G Indians vs Lake Creek Lions

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
No one can replace #33 Isaiah Nguyen...but #27 is very much like Nguyen. We have found our 1-2 punch at RB with #27 and #15. I'd go back to last year's blueprint and start #27 to poke holes in the defense. Next, bring in #15 to wear down the defense. Finish up with #27 running wild on a tired defense.

We have a star WR in #11. We may have another kid wanting to make plays at the WR spot...#16. Nice to see him step up. Love that TE combo of #88 and #44. Those kids block, catch, and they can run and find the end zone. Good job TE group.

The OL is our solid foundation. Without them, we don't win.

On defense, I'll go to war with #94, #49, and #4 all day, every day. Let's add #35 to that list. He plays fast and has some punch. I like his style. We've got to get better in the secondary. It's hard to cover people. I get it. But, when you got a shot to hammer someone, you have to do it. You can't arm tackle.

Special teams...much better KO coverage in the second half. They must have been sleep walking in the first half. In the second half, they played with some fire. We need to clean up the PATs. It's correctable, and I believe in our kids. Kicker did a good job with the squib kick. Hard to execute a good squib kick, but he did it. Nice job.

Any district win is a good win. I'll take it and LOVE it. MLC is a good team on offense. We won't see a better QB/RB duo for the rest of the year...even in the playoffs. That said, MLC is terrible on defense, and we are about to see what I believe is the best defense in our district -- Huntsville. It will be tough to get win #20 in a row over on death row in Huntsville, but Chief Jeff Joseph and the 2024 Indians can do it. BELIEVE! GO INDIANS!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
AND...one more thing...thank you NDN Press. All those kids are doing a great job. Cameras, play-by-play, commentary, the young lady doing the sideline reporting. You are all GREAT. Keep it up. Have fun. I don't care if a camera angle is up, down, right, or left. I'm thankful you give me the opportunity to watch the game in Houston, Texas on my big screen TV. Thank you to the PN-GISD, the teachers, volunteers, and sponsors. I'm not sure who all the PN-G teachers are that are responsible for NDN Press...maybe Greg Picazo (spelling?)...others? Thank you all for investing your time and talents in PN-G students. They are doing a great job. GO INDIANS!

100+ Posts
Well, tonight's the night. Brand new district, brand new season, brand new game. Take one night at a time, and tonight is night #1. Go Indians. Hoping for a little fire/intensity, especially from our defense.
They were pretty flat tonight, I'd say, pretty much. Always seems so after a bye week. But a win is a win, and they pulled it off.
The refs were pretty bad. I'm glad for my nerves that we got that late 1st down, after that exceptionally bad ball spot. Also I hope the defense teams' eyes are all ok, after getting poked in the eye so much, particularly by the big running back, #21.

Last edited:

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Held LC to 14 points in the second half...7 in the 3Q and 7 in the 4Q. PN-G scored 20 points in the second half. 7 in the 3Q and 13 in the 4Q. But, you're right. Holding Eli Morcos and Tyvann Byars to 14 points in the second half is what you have to do if you want to beat them.

I can't believe Eli Morcos doesn't have more high-end D1 offers. I think he has offers from Tulsa and a few other small D1 colleges. He can play. I'd love for him to go to Houston. They need a great playmaker at the QB spot. Morcos can run, make all the throws, and he has great calmness and field vision. At 6'3" and 205 lbs. he should be getting more offers soon. All that said, PN-G's pocket dynamite #35 got him on the ground when it counted the most.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores