Game Day: PN-G Indians vs Lake Creek Lions

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Jayce Neeb #16 had a couple of crucial catches as well!
Agreed. The Indians need WR2 and WR3 to step up and help take some double coverage pressure off of #11. #16 stepped up last night and made some big catches. Glad to see him take that next step with confidence. Now, we need WR3 to follow the lead of #11 and #16. The OC did a nice job setting up throws to the TE group. PN-G has some talent at the TE spot. #88 and #44. Glad to see the Indians scheming to put them open space to make some catches. GO INDIANS!!!

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
606 total yards of purple offense. And the most impressive running game in memory. (Thank you offensive line.) Excellent job managing the game CB.

Tyson Henry needs to be RB1 and in EVERY play where tough yards need to be made. Chatagnier makes a great #2 punch, or RB1_B if you will, especially when the defense is worn down. They are both excellent in their own way.
I like the ability to alternate a bit to keep them fresh, especially when the opposing defense is worn out late in the game.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
it really is shocking that neither local publication cared to cover the defending state champion playing a Houston area powerhouse again.

The era of John Devillier, Bob West, Burt Darden, Tom Halliburton and other old school sports writers that graced the local papers are long gone. Now we are beginning to see reporters stretched too thin, or AI generated articles which are typically bird cage lining at best. The demise of newspapers and their lack of profitability have made it tough to employ writers. Unless they are printing these articles and not publishing online, end result, games are not covered and fans are left to other means of finding information.
Although the trend has been building for some time, it’s actually hard to believe it has reached this point.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
it really is shocking that neither local publication cared to cover the defending state champion playing a Houston area powerhouse again.

The era of John Devillier, Bob West, Burt Darden, Tom Halliburton and other old school sports writers that graced the local papers are long gone. Now we are beginning to see reporters stretched too thin, or AI generated articles which are typically bird cage lining at best. The demise of newspapers and their lack of profitability have made it tough to employ writers. Unless they are printing these articles and not publishing online, end result, games are not covered and fans are left to other means of finding information.
It’s VERY sad indeed!! You’d think the defending STATE CHAMPS and back to back STATE FINALISTS would get PRIORITY coverage from our LOCAL news media!! I understand we have several great football programs in SETX and not enough Sports reporters to cover all of them but that’s when you think outside the box!! Why not partner with Lamar Bmt/PA/Orange, maybe even a few local high schools and give students in the broadcasting, communications/journalism, digital media programs or clubs a opportunity to cover some of the games and have their content featured on the various local news social media pages each week.

100+ Posts
The refs last night and also the LP game seem very hesitant to quickly get to the pile up on the QB sneaks at the goal line. Coach J. looked pretty upset about it before our last TD. I was looking for #27 to get the ball and leap over the line like he'd done earlier. The last push over the line was convincing but the refs still seemed to hesitate before signalling theTD.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Newspapers = dead
They’re the last to be notified
Most small papers are lucky to have live writers above a part time college student writing book reports in print

We are missing a “head hunter” or two on defense we had several of them the last couple of years (it’s difficult to remember early criticisms of both runner up and SC teams early on) we solidified as the season went on
And they’re sometimes (seem) to be a bit of “deer in the headlights” at times
But I think they’ll recover from “varsity shock” (sooner than later hopefully)
We have the coaching to recover from our early expectations being crushed ha (isn't it nice that they’re this high right now haha)
Hey, it wouldn’t be so fun if we went out and crushed everyone
But we beat an “established” QB and RB they’re not still working things out
We were NEAR perfect offensively so if the D can work things out we’re in a great position

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Arm chair RB coach
15 (Chat)
Fantastic RB love him he’s a prototype
(I mean this in the most constructive not destructive way possible)
BUT almost every run he accelerated to the LoScrimmage then nearly every time came to a near complete stop
Then proceeded
I suggest choosing one
EITHER full speed ahead and bulldoze anyone who dares to get in your way
OR
take the first step or two to decide THEN accelerate (this is what Green with SOC was great at )
A studder then go
Or
Bulldoze. Most of the time like Karate Kid if you’re in between you get squashed like a bug
The ones he didn’t stop were the ones he broke (I get it) but if you need to stop they’re probably stopping you anyway
So hit em in the jaw or slither past them gaining the extra 2-4
The accelerate - stop - accelerate strategy
Is working against physics - your own G Force is stopping you and it gives the opposing D time to identify and target you as the runner.
Amazing runner
It just feels like something has gotten into his head
Exercise those demons
Let your head swivel around 360 and vomit out that ole devil
Hang on to the ball punish some tacklers make them think twice about tackling you again (hard to do that coming from a complete stop) don’t worry about breaking every single run to the house some runs you just need that extra 2-4 yards “falling forward”
And nothing will help achieve that better than just going for it
JUST MY OPINION if the coaches veto this then listen to them they know way more that I do haha
I’m always going to be on the side of any INDIAN (even over my Alma Mater)

Rez

Radical idea: Chataigner could convert to defense. We need some more speed and athleticism on that side of the ball. He could still rotate in as RB2 or 3. He most useful at RB as a counterweight to the smaller RBs.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Arm chair RB coach
15 (Chat)
Fantastic RB love him he’s a prototype
(I mean this in the most constructive not destructive way possible)
BUT almost every run he accelerated to the LoScrimmage then nearly every time came to a near complete stop
Then proceeded
I suggest choosing one
EITHER full speed ahead and bulldoze anyone who dares to get in your way
OR
take the first step or two to decide THEN accelerate (this is what Green with SOC was great at )
A studder then go
Or
Bulldoze. Most of the time like Karate Kid if you’re in between you get squashed like a bug
The ones he didn’t stop were the ones he broke (I get it) but if you need to stop they’re probably stopping you anyway
So hit em in the jaw or slither past them gaining the extra 2-4
The accelerate - stop - accelerate strategy
Is working against physics - your own G Force is stopping you and it gives the opposing D time to identify and target you as the runner.
Amazing runner
It just feels like something has gotten into his head
Exercise those demons
Let your head swivel around 360 and vomit out that ole devil
Hang on to the ball punish some tacklers make them think twice about tackling you again (hard to do that coming from a complete stop) don’t worry about breaking every single run to the house some runs you just need that extra 2-4 yards “falling forward”
And nothing will help achieve that better than just going for it
JUST MY OPINION if the coaches veto this then listen to them they know way more that I do haha
I’m always going to be on the side of any INDIAN (even over my Alma Mater)
I have noticed this as well. What appears to be happening is that he is attempting to follow his blockers. He is very good at doing that, so more often than not he gets a good gain out of that approach. However, due to the pause it also frequently results in no gain at all. I agree that given his power he would be better off in many situations of just making his own hole. However, I can’t be too critical given his success as a runner. Definitely a good change of pace from the running styles of backs like Nguyen and Henry. Makes it harder for the defenses to adjust.

Last edited:

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores