NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Re: Game Updates: PNG vs. Livingston - PNG 42 Livingston 42 late 4Q

wow. we played so bad on the defensive side of the ball. so bad

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
Re: Game Updates: PNG vs. Livingston - PNG 42 Livingston 49 late 4th

Give credit to Livingston. Without that fumble early in the 2nd half the game may not have been this close.

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Re: Game Updates: PNG vs. Livingston - PNG 42 Livingston 49 late 4th

Embarrassing. Livingston just hung a half a century on us.
Plus = Offense.
BIG NEGATIVE = defense.

NDN76

MY DOG
Yes....L'stone deserves a lot of credit for the massive running attack they posses. If we can't find the problem with the Defense and shore it up, it will place way too much pressure on the Offense as well as letting the other teams know they can run on us. I do have faith that we WILL find the answer and come back strong.

Have faith all you faithful.........................

ps.....Not too bad, only had to correct 4 errors.......time for this old one to catch some zzzzzzzzzz..........l8tr

NDN76

MY DOG
Maybe the 2 weeks got 'em rusty and slowed them up a bit. Betcha come Monday night there will be sore muscles and butts.....

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
A critical moment in the game was that unsportsmanlike penalty call on the Indians. Not sure that would have made a differences since Livingston was converting all night, but I am sure that does not sit too favorably with the staff.

akifan94

500+ Posts
Man that was ugly when they had the ball but fun to watch when we had at. I have never seen so many missed tackles in my life.

png94

100+ Posts
Worst defense i have seen in all my yrs!!!!!! this is proof that we don't have enough talent to keep people from goin both ways this yr!!!!! I don't agree with putting schexnider on the line, he is a better OLB than lineman. we better look at what we have within all our teams and do something about this or we are gona have a long season!!!! On a positive note, the offense looked great!!!!! :popcorn:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
We had NO ANSWER for their running game. Those guys were awesome.
Turning point in the game, IMO, was their defensive stop...we went 3 & out (only time of the night). The answered with a go-ahead score, and it was game over.

Kudos to Livingston. Their O line was awesome!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Its very difficult to defend a mis direction offense. Yeah the D was off kilter last night. I don't know the problem. To many missed tackles, to many attempts at arm tackling or just hitting the back and hoping he would fall down ? Poor Poor tackling by the D last night. To me it seemed like we would overload one side of the ball on D in anticipation of them running that way and then BAM they would go the other way and go outside and pick up massive yardage. Livingston has some very good backs that have moves and are very quick. I noticed they kept their legs moving after the hit. That was why they picked up alot of extra yards after the hit. Our O looked good. I feel we should have just passed the ball more and gone 15-20 passes more often. They couldn't cover our guys very well.
The turning point was when we had to punt. I think we should have gone for it with a pass play. The middle of Livingstons D was open all night.
Kuddo's to Livingston ! they are a good team. We beat outselves last night with a few penalties and poor tackling. Someone on the coaching staff has to do something to change up how the D is playing or its going to be a long year for us ! We have to be able to defend the team we play, whether its a run team like Livingston and Vidor or the passing attack teams like Nederland, Ozen and LCM. There are some good D backs on the JV who are tall and very very fast ! maybe take a look at them as well.

H

HC-NDN

Another stunned Indian crowd as the 4th quarter draws to and end. We are finding ways to beat ourselves. Great offensive effort. Seems the defense worked so hard on pass protection for two weeks we forgot how to stop the run. Whats so shocking to me is the lack of ability to adjust. That, ladies and gentlemen is NOT the fault of the boys. Im just sayin'.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
HC-NDN said:
Another stunned Indian crowd as the 4th quarter draws to and end. We are finding ways to beat ourselves. Great offensive effort. Seems the defense worked so hard on pass protection for two weeks we forgot how to stop the run. Whats so shocking to me is the lack of ability to adjust. That, ladies and gentlemen is NOT the fault of the boys. Im just sayin'.

Reasonable people can disagree...I'm just sayin'.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
1989NDN said:
HC-NDN said:

Reasonable people can disagree...I'm just sayin'.

'89 I will be interested to hear your take on the game once/if you watch the replay.

PS. Let's can the "I'm just sayin'" phrase, this isn't Jr. High, although sometimes I wonder. ;)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores