GameDay: PN-G @ Galena Park

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
When asked about defending Galena Park’s district leading running game.

“You have to be perfect in your responsibility or they are going to pop some long runs. You have to approach it differently. We do our option period without a football. You don’t want them looking for the ball; you want them doing their job. It is a different mentality. At the end of the day, it is still gap-sound football that we always play. You just have to be perfect.”

- Matt McDaniel, PN-G Defensive Coordinator

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Some things never change in football. Realizing, recognizing and taking care of your responsibility is one of the most fundamental aspects of the game. A team is only as strong as the weakest link in that regard. Offense, defense or special teams. It takes all 11 to do their job, every play.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

2022 Preview - Galena Park Yellowjackets​

Coach: Spiro Amarantos. Lettermen R/L: 17/22. Starters returning O/D: 4/6. 2021: 8-3 bi-district finalist/7-1 district.

Players to watch: DL Timothy Marshall (6-2, 280), DB Keenon Thomas (5-8, 150, 4.5), LB Sebastian Bernal (5-10, 215, 4.8), RB Jordan Balderas (5-9, 170, 4.6), WR Jonathan Renteria (5-10, 165, 4.5), QB Daniel Gomez (6-1, 195, 4.7). Top juniors: DL Diego Quantanilla (6-1, 225, 4.9), DB Vincent Lopez (5-7, 155, 4.6). Top sophomore: OL Rueben Escobar (6-1, 295).

Other prospects: OL Justin Leal, OL Jorge Garcia.

2022 notes: Amarantos has GPHS on solid footing with back-to-back playoff appearances but UIL Realignment did the ‘Jackets no favors as they move east into a much tougher district. Galena Park runs the flexbone offense so they are always a tough matchup, but there will be a lot of youth with RB Balderas (721 yards, 8 TDs rushing) leading the way after a good sophomore season. Sophomore QB Gomez is expected to step in and lead the attack. When the ‘Jackets decide to put the ball in the air, they’ll look to WR Renteria (18-441, 2 TDs receiving). Galena Park’s defense will lead the way with six starters back, led by three-year starter DL Marshall (38 tackles, 21 TFL) and junior DB Thomas (25 tackles, 2 INTs).

100+ Posts
Everyone should get a chance to get onto the field. I've heard that several starters are out with various illness or injury, so lots of backups are in, which has been pretty usual this season. Hopefully everyone will be healthy for the playoffs, and the team won't be looking past GP tonight, and things will work out in our favor regarding the FBM vs Dayton game. Last game of a wild regular season. One of the players told me yesterday evening, "I can't believe we've already played 9 games."

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Everyone should get a chance to get onto the field. I've heard that several starters are out with various illness or injury, so lots of backups are in, which has been pretty usual this season. Hopefully everyone will be healthy for the playoffs, and the team won't be looking past GP tonight, and things will work out in our favor regarding the FBM vs Dayton game. Last game of a wild regular season. One of the players told me yesterday evening, "I can't believe we've already played 9 games."
Best way to build the team for next season. Let the younger ones play.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
35-0 in 3rd. Backups in . Crippen had a good night and Ogden is in at QB. #31 Sinnette looks great at RB. 5 carries for 58 so far.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (4-0)
vs.
Huntsville Hornets (3-1)

Friday, Oct. 4, 7:00PM

Huntsville ISD Stadium, Huntsville, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores