Goose Creek Memorial

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Let's see if I can clarify...

This yr., the band is trying something new. Some of the band kids, simply do not care to compete in the band contest. Therefore, this yr., the band has been separated into 2 groups... Contest and Halftime. Those kids on the sidelines are part of the Halftime group. The Contest Band are those that WANT to compete. This way, everyone gets what they want out of band.

Nothing against any one of the students. It's just that some have different desires than others.

This is a "trial" and is not necessarily how things will be in the future.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
Let's see if I can clarify...

This yr., the band is trying something new. Some of the band kids, simply do not care to compete in the band contest. Therefore, this yr., the band has been separated into 2 groups... Contest and Halftime. Those kids on the sidelines are part of the Halftime group. The Contest Band are those that WANT to compete. This way, everyone gets what they want out of band.

Nothing against any one of the students. It's just that some have different desires than others.

This is a "trial" and is not necessarily how things will be in the future.

How is it being received so far? Seems like a win/win scenario.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
So far, so good. I'm sure that it makes the director's jobs easier too, because they are working with kids that are more eager.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MOM2INDIANS said:
We have Friday Night Band and Contest Band. They have done "All the Lights" and 'Apache". Last night was the first time they have performed the Contest Show during halftime. Friday Night Band stays on the sidelines. We saw the 1st 2 pieces last week, after the game. Looks GREAT! Love the Spy vs Spy theme.

Also LOVING the little Jazz "show" they are putting on in the stands. VERY talented kids!

You're right! The kids WROTE that music themselves!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores