Goose Creek Memorial

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
Looks like we got a Thursday game this week in Baytown. What do we know about these guys? I know Central handled them last week. What are you all expecting to see?

I'm thinking the drums will be thumping and Cherokee will be playing all night over in Baytown.

sarge5555

From the time we here that first warm up hit on the drums until the last second ticks off the clock....PNG will have made it's presence known. You can't miss us, we will be the ones in the "PURPLE" as we fill the stands, while the players take the field and the band, Indianettes, Drill Team, Flag Corp and Twirlers fill up the stands awaiting their turn on the field - the stands will be rocking......PNG, UUUHHHH OOOHHHHH HOOOO HOOO HOOOO HOOOOO (you know how it goes). Here's what I see happening.....Special Teams will be on the money. Defense will probably score twice, the Offense gains 27 first downs or more while crossing the Goal Line several times. The stands will be completely filled, and PNG rocks Baytown.....even though this is just a guess, we hope that everyone comes out and cheers on the players and the band, etc. in order to make this guess a reality. We need them....they need us.............so, we will see you there. Just so you all know, I will be the loud guy in purple. LOL. P.S. - Halfin gains 170+ & 2 TD, Morse throws for 250+ & 3 TD, Defense holds on 4th down (twice), Hughes, Murdoch & Walker with interceptions, Sparks, McZeal, Lane & others receivers have great catches. Chance are, final score could be about: PNG 55 GCM 13 Final. :clap: :clap: Let's get it on...... :duel:

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
GCM is a run team. Good, BIG athletes. It's simple.. stop the run, you win!
On another note... they have trouble stopping the pass..

CHECK MATE!

png94

100+ Posts
sarge5555 said:
From the time we here that first warm up hit on the drums until the last second ticks off the clock....PNG will have made it's presence known. You can't miss us, we will be the ones in the "PURPLE" as we fill the stands, while the players take the field and the band, Indianettes, Drill Team, Flag Corp and Twirlers fill up the stands awaiting their turn on the field - the stands will be rocking......PNG, UUUHHHH OOOHHHHH HOOOO HOOO HOOOO HOOOOO (you know how it goes). Here's what I see happening.....Special Teams will be on the money. Defense will probably score twice, the Offense gains 27 first downs or more while crossing the Goal Line several times. The stands will be completely filled, and PNG rocks Baytown.....even though this is just a guess, we hope that everyone comes out and cheers on the players and the band, etc. in order to make this guess a reality. We need them....they need us.............so, we will see you there. Just so you all know, I will be the loud guy in purple. LOL. P.S. - Halfin gains 170+ & 2 TD, Morse throws for 250+ & 3 TD, Defense holds on 4th down (twice), Hughes, Murdoch & Walker with interceptions, Sparks, McZeal, Lane & others receivers have great catches. Chance are, final score could be about: PNG 55 GCM 13 Final. :clap: :clap: Let's get it on...... :duel:
. Dang Sarge, thats got me all fired up!!!! Im ready for the game. I know the boys are focussed

sarge5555

TRIBE: Thanks for the comment on getting you fired up. It's like a domino affect which should go right down the line to each Indian player and each Indian fan........we just got to believe and we can make it happen. It's all about support. When you support your team, they play better. When you support your band, they perform better. When you support your family - the bond is even stronger! So.....with having said that, you DANG right we are all ready to take to the field and to the stands to help support our PNG Indians.......just remember, the person sitting to your immediate left and to your immediate right, to include the person behind you and to the person in front of you....remind them that it could get loud as you help cheer on your PNG Indians.............Thanks, Sarge :helmet: :band: :clap: :clap:

sarge5555

Who's that walking down the street.....uh, I don't know. We are all fired up and motivated, and we are all ready to go. Are you happy, are you satisfied, with the way that we compete........get off your couch and into your truck and head down the street. To Sjolander Avenue in Baytown, turn left, straight to Stallworth field and witness the defeat. Budda bump bump bump, Goose Creek bites the dust. Budda bump bump bump, Goose Creek bites the dust........(you know the song, the group is called Queen). It will be in your head while driving to and from Baytown........so get everyone motivated around you. Whether you are at work, school or wherever, sing the song out loud........Budda bump bump bump, Goose Creek bites the dust........ :band: :clap:

PNGIndian75

100+ Posts
sarge...I love your enthusiasm. I guess everyone is at the game since no one is here on the board commenting on the game. But that's a good thing I guess. Listening to the game live from Ohio. Indians playing a great game, hope they close it out. Love the PN-G Indians Football team. 40-13 Indians with under 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Let's go Indians...finish this thing!!!!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Another good game by the Indians.

1. Stallworth Stadium has held up well over the past 40+ years. The press box could use a face lift. I did not go to the concession stand or the men's restrooms, thus, no comment.

2. The all white uniforms with purple numerals and trim, and the white helmets with the purple PN-G and trim looks sharp. Most of our players wear white Under Armor gear, too. Sharp look.

3. QB threw the ball well; WRs had some drops. Wide-open drops. #10 got hammered and left the game, but I don't know if he was injured. May have just had his bell rung. He was on the sidelines in the 2nd half. He did not appear injured, but I don't know. He had a a nice catch and run in the 1Q...he's got some quicks and wheels. An excellent WR. #26 took the place of #10 in the slot and caught some balls. Nice catches. #8 had some catches, too. Big #11 was out-of-sync. I thought he fumbled, but he was ruled down. He had some open looks and scored a TD, but just not his night tonight like it was vs. Baytown Lee. He did score and throw some blocks down field for #27 and #33. Go get them next time in the downfield passing game.

4. Defense played very well for the most part, but gave up some big runs. We had a DB #9 tossed from the game, but I don't know why...I was following the ball and not watching what he did. Nice game by #41, #48 and #23. #41 and #48 make hustle plays. #23 is a DB and he put the hammer down on a GCM WR...a good smack. Overall, we were in position to make stops. No complaints. We had a 4th down stop due to good push upfront with the DL and #3.

5. Kicking game was up and down. FGs affected by the wind. Nice pooch kicks created a TO and we got another TO off of a punt.

6. OL put in some work...blowing open holes for #27 and #33. Nice game by the OL. #27 forget his helmet? Wearing a special helmet? It was all-white, no decals or trim.

7. GCM is not Baytown Lee bad, but not too far from it. Turnovers by the Patriots did them in; their run game was hit or miss; after the first drive, PN-G coaches made some adjustments and our LBs played the run well and our DBs came up and made tackles. I left with the score 40-13. I guess each side had one more garbage TD.

8. PN-G band sounded good; seems the halftime show is not very long this year. Seems to me they should play one or two more songs after featuring the Twirlers and Indianettes. After the features, they only played one marching song and then went into the Marching I. Not complaining. Just an observation. All of our halftime groups looked great.

9. Decent PN-G fan turnout for a Thursday game in Baytown. Not the biggest PN-G road crowd, but not too bad for a night game during the work week 75 miles from Port Neches and Groves.

10. Our coaching staff on the sidelines looks young. Not complaining. Just an observation. Do we have a coach over 40 on the sidelines? If they stay together, they could be a rock solid staff. Young, enthusiastic, active, and creative coaches. The defensive staff makes adjustments during the game and our team defense improves and shuts people down for the most part. I've seen PN-G play Chapel Hill, Baytown Lee and GCM. PN-G has played well, made adjustments and made those teams look like garbage.

Go Indians. Peace.

P.S. GCM had some speed at QB and RB as did WO-S and Chapel Hill, plus the one RB from Baytown Lee with the 90-yard run. I think the Indians are ready for the team speed of Nederland, Ozen and Central. Just my 0.02 cents.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Great game Indians! Love the way you are playing. Hoping Sparks is back soon. We really don't need him for next week, but you still want them to remain in sync with plays and QB.

Halfin was icing his foot, but went back into the game, and played well.

Slumberton is in BIG trouble next week for Homecoming!

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
We have Friday Night Band and Contest Band. They have done "All the Lights" and 'Apache". Last night was the first time they have performed the Contest Show during halftime. Friday Night Band stays on the sidelines. We saw the 1st 2 pieces last week, after the game. Looks GREAT! Love the Spy vs Spy theme.

Also LOVING the little Jazz "show" they are putting on in the stands. VERY talented kids!

sarge5555

:cowboy: Well Ladies and Gentlemen....we did itchall. We went over der to da Baytown football field and opened up a can of.... :woot: (you know what I'm sayn)...anyways, our Special Teams was dominatn, the Hambone Halfin Train ran for 102+ yards with 2 of them der Touchdowns, our Quarterback Mr. Morse threw that pigskin down dat field to dem receivers for about 3 touchdowns and i think 290 yards. But wait, one of our Leading Receivers, Mr. Go-Fast Sparks, dodged to the outside and tippie toed up the sidelines all the way down for I think a 70 yard touchdown. Then, out of nowhere, from a cheap hit (looked like helmet to helmet), Mr. Sparks gets hit. We all hope n pray that he is doing well this mornin and will be back and ready very soon. :clap: Did yall see when their offense lined up on 4th down and tried to squirm their way for a 1st down - and didcha see what our Purple Curtain Defense did....somebody said close that curtain, and dats what dey did, that runner was stopped for a loss leavin the head coach of GCM scratchin his head and sayn.......I shoulda known better. But wait......he didn't scratch too hard, he tried it again on 4th down. Not happenin in our yard boys...... Defense prevailed again. I had the final predicted at PNG 59 GCM 13. We were close to dat score, but, we had to ease off of em cause they were startn to tear up and get figgity. #9, way to stick up for your team mate. All in all, it was good night in Baytown for PNG Indians. The band was superb. Great job. The team was superb. Great job. The fans......aw my gosh, NOTEWORTHY!!!!!!!! Homecoming is next week, I heard Lumberton wanted a piece of the action.......dey gonna get more than that fo sho.

Note to PNGIndian75: Thank you for your comments.....I live and love to motivate. Been motivated by my sweet wife and her family = and the Marine Corps. Can't say enough about dat. However, since you are in Ohio, glad you are listening to the games on FM 92.5. I used to live outside of Cleveland (Berea to be exact). Stay tuned, more to come on this fantastic crew from The Reservation...your...Port Neches Groves Indians..... :rocks: :woohoo: :unclesam: :texasflag:

Before I close.........yall put your hands together :clap: :clap: for the one and only....Port Neches Groves Indians Band........they are dominatn that halftime show....am I right? Show your love...........come on.........

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
We have Friday Night Band and Contest Band. They have done "All the Lights" and 'Apache". Last night was the first time they have performed the Contest Show during halftime. Friday Night Band stays on the sidelines. We saw the 1st 2 pieces last week, after the game. Looks GREAT! Love the Spy vs Spy theme.

Also LOVING the little Jazz "show" they are putting on in the stands. VERY talented kids!

Thank you for posting this. I was at the game last night and confused as to why a large part of the band was on the sideline and only marched during the marching I. The band is GREAT this year!! Very loud and energetic getting the stands rocking!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

Thank you for posting this. I was at the game last night and confused as to why a large part of the band was on the sideline and only marched during the marching I. The band is GREAT this year!! Very loud and energetic getting the stands rocking!

Yes, thanks for posting the note about the band. It was odd. I did not want to mention that because I figured (guessed wrong) it must have been a three or six weeks grading period issue. Is the split show, i.e., doing separate shows each week, for the purpose of a quick halftime show? Why? Not complaining...just asking. Thanks.

NDN06

100+ Posts
1989NDN said:
IBLEEDPURPLE said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

Yes, thanks for posting the note about the band. It was odd. I did not want to mention that because I figured (guessed wrong) it must have been a three or six weeks grading period issue. Is the split show, i.e., doing separate shows each week, for the purpose of a quick halftime show? Why? Not complaining...just asking. Thanks.

I don't know if this will answer your question (or if I've even got it right), but I believe the reason for having the Friday Night Band and the Contest Band is to benefit the Contest routine. I know in past years there have been issues with failing grades and those students being absent from the formations during contest (which doesn't win over the judges). I don't know what the criteria was for selecting the members to be a part of the contest band, but I would assume keeping certain grades.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores