Guess Who Our New AD/HC is...

ScalpEm24

I agree. I know we are all itching to find out and to be the first to know, but the time is just around the corner & soon enough we will know who is being considered!! SCALP EM!

modmouse78

100+ Posts
i read on another message board that there were 45-50 applicants and that 75% had their masters. This is from a png poster on that site. Don't know how true, but gets you a little excited.

turn2

HEARD THE SAME ON THE NUMBER OF APPLICANTS WITH AND W/OUT A MASTERS.I THINK YOU WILL SEE SOME BIG NAME COACHES WHEN THE LIST COMES OUT.

Gumbeaux

Just my opinion, but I think we will see 5-7 solid applicants for the job....I realize there may have been 40+ but I think there will be 5-7 no brainers!!!

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
Their not wanting to release the list, so it may be the 10th day from when the Freedom Information Act was filed. That would be the 21st if that's the case.

badndn

500+ Posts
kfdmcoop said:
My gut says Stump applied! I may be wrong but we'll see.
Coop, I sure hope your gut is rock solid! If Stump (Craig that is) applied he would be my pick. Even if some big name apps from across the state apply. Craig is young, understands what PNG is all about, has proven himself in a short period of time at Kelly and WB, runs a fun wide open offense, will develop talent at the skilled position (particularly QB) and wouldn't necessarily be looking to run off to the next best offer out of this area in a couple of years as most big time apps from outside the GT would do.

satchmo69

My guess; approx. 20 apps, 3 to 5 interviewed, Winner not from GT. I wouldn't think Stump would apply, I would be in shock if Hooks applied, but I wouldn't mind appointing an interim coach if we had a shot at Wade Phillips next year. I know he want be able to hang with Jethro much longer.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
One item that I am curious regarding the FOI act is that, if they have 10 days to release the list, will they attempt to only release of finalists instead of the list of the entire pool of applicants. My guess here is that the school board would prefer to minimize any second guessing.

IBLEEDPURPLE

1,000+ Posts
PNG NDN Fan said:
One item that I am curious regarding the FOI act is that, if they have 10 days to release the list, will they attempt to only release of finalists instead of the list of the entire pool of applicants. My guess here is that the school board would prefer to minimize any second guessing.

I completely agree.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
The FOI Act has it's place but in this case, leave it between the employer and potential employee. Everyone should be able to wait until the new coach is announced. Don't let the media screw it up. (had a long day and am feeling cantankerous as hell.) :flaming:

satchmo69

A posting on SETX says school board stated at meeting that there were 35 apps. They discussed if they had to release the names. Said they would consult a lawyer

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
I just spoke to someone who has applied for the list and he said they have no Choice!! On that 10th day it has to be released!!!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
kfdmcoop said:
I just spoke to someone who has applied for the list and he said they have no Choice!! On that 10th day it has to be released!!!

Or, if the attorneys they talk to say not to release, they can hold off and make a court case out of it. This way, no one gets the names. I vote for this. I don't want withdrawals because of a name release. We can all wait until later to find out.

NONS81

pngfan93 said:
kfdmcoop said:

Or, if the attorneys they talk to say not to release, they can hold off and make a court case out of it. This way, no one gets the names. I vote for this. I don't want withdrawals because of a name release. We can all wait until later to find out.

Spending that kind of money over a list of applicants, after LCM has released their's, is ridiculous.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I don't believe here is a fee to get an opinion. I could be wrong, but can you document how much you're so sure this is going to cost the district?

Gumbeaux

I think your just poppin your chops 81 just because you are so dang anxious to see a list....

I would love to see how many people on these boards actually go out and vote during a school board election....And then compare it to those complaining all the time...

Its kinda like I tell my employees, if you complain, find a solution...If you dont have a complete solution, dont complain...

As for school boards and administration....If you dont like the outcomes then go vote or rally your troop to the position...Otherwise let the men and women do there jobs they were elected to do.....

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores