Guess Who Our New AD/HC is...

ScalpEm24

Gumbeaux, I couldn't agree more w/ you.....And before we have an influx of everyone saying "I voted", I am pretty sure the poster didn't ask if you voted, they simply stated that they had hoped you voted.
The time is near for everyone to finally see who has applied. I can't wait to see the reactions & posts once the list actually is revealed. As always I am sure we will have those who just can't understand why this person or that person was eliminated or didn't get a fair shake due to the Master's requirement. BUT, that is what this board is all about...the passion that is......PNG FOOTBALL!!!!

SCALP EM!

Gumbeaux

Does anyone have any suggestions of who they would like to see on this such wanted "LIST"...

No one has really posted anything on the guys they think would be in the running....At least we should all have some guesses!!!

turn2

Gumbeaux said:
Does anyone have any suggestions of who they would like to see on this such wanted "LIST"...

No one has really posted anything on the guys they think would be in the running....At least we should all have some guesses!!!

DODGE
STUMP
COACH FROM GILMER

NONS81

Gumbeaux said:
I think your just poppin your chops 81 just because you are so dang anxious to see a list....

I would love to see how many people on these boards actually go out and vote during a school board election....And then compare it to those complaining all the time...

Its kinda like I tell my employees, if you complain, find a solution...If you dont have a complete solution, dont complain...

As for school boards and administration....If you dont like the outcomes then go vote or rally your troop to the position...Otherwise let the men and women do there jobs they were elected to do.....

Luckily, I don't care what you think. I did vote in the election and not for anyone that is still on the board. I did my part to try and change things, so the problem still exist, in my opinion. I could care less about who they choose to be the HC/AD as long as he has some snap. However, I DO NOT care for wasteful spending when the end result is inevitable.

kfdmcoop

100+ Posts
Beaumont Enterprise

PN-G school district should release names of coach applicants
By ENTERPRISE OPINIONS
January, 16, 2009

The Port Neches-Groves school board is causing a needless problem and expense for its taxpayers. It is refusing to release the names of those who have applied for athletics director/football coach in violation of and ignorance of state law and previous attorney general's rulings.

This is silly. This exact issue has been dragged through the AG's office and the courts many times. It is settled law. Only two exceptions exist to the requirement that the names of all applicants for public jobs be released - university presidents and school district superintendents.

Any attorney should be able to tell the PN-G board that privacy statutes don't apply. Trustees are flouting the law by requesting an AG's opinion. They quite probably are hoping that by the time the AG rules against them, the hire will be made and they will have safely circumvented the law and gotten their way.

Taxpayers deserve to know who the applicants are before the new person is hired, not after. They may be forgiven for wondering what else trustees are hiding.

NONS81

kfdmcoop said:
Beaumont Enterprise

PN-G school district should release names of coach applicants
By ENTERPRISE OPINIONS
January, 16, 2009

The Port Neches-Groves school board is causing a needless problem and expense for its taxpayers. It is refusing to release the names of those who have applied for athletics director/football coach in violation of and ignorance of state law and previous attorney general's rulings.

This is silly. This exact issue has been dragged through the AG's office and the courts many times. It is settled law. Only two exceptions exist to the requirement that the names of all applicants for public jobs be released - university presidents and school district superintendents.

Any attorney should be able to tell the PN-G board that privacy statutes don't apply. Trustees are flouting the law by requesting an AG's opinion. They quite probably are hoping that by the time the AG rules against them, the hire will be made and they will have safely circumvented the law and gotten their way.

Taxpayers deserve to know who the applicants are before the new person is hired, not after. They may be forgiven for wondering what else trustees are hiding.
?
I'd like to know what else they are hiding? It makes you wonder, doesn't it. Can individuals file the FOI and how specific do you have to be?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
81, Why are you ( and others) so hellbent on getting those names released? Is that REALLY going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things? Why can't you folks give it a rest and let the school board do what we elected them to do? I'm sure that there's a good reason for every move they're making. The choice to NOT release the names is a common practice throughout the state, but appearently, our local media and a few select others continue to try to make a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

GGGEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!!!

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
81, Why are you ( and others) so hellbent on getting those names released? Is that REALLY going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things? Why can't you folks give it a rest and let the school board do what we elected them to do? I'm sure that there's a good reason for every move they're making. The choice to NOT release the names is a common practice throughout the state, but appearently, our local media and a few select others continue to try to make a bigger deal out of this than it really is.

GGGEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!!!

Well said and.... DOUBLE GGGEEEESSSSHHHH!!!!!

NONS81

PNG Proud said:

GGGEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!!!

I don't care who is on the list, my question about the FOI has nothing to with the list of applicants for the coaches position. And for the record, I didn't vote for the current members of the board. I do believe in the FOI and the rest of my civil liberties. And this is me giving it a rest.

You make it so pleasant to post here. Really. ;D

N

NDNPARENT

likewise here , i do not care who on the list, it the attitude of teh board that thinks there are above the law! The FOI is there for a reason and my grandfater, uncles, cousins , etc fought for us to have rights in this country and the FOI is a tool in the systems of FREEDOM OF SPEECH!

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
I dont care either way but I do teach my children not to break the law. The local media for the most part likes to pound on PN-G and Nederland. I do not like giving the ammo to fire at will at us. I hope some good comes out of this. But I doubt it.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me just what LAW the PNGISD schoolboard has broken. And please, no hear-say, (and in my best Joe Friday voice) just the facts maam.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores