High school football rivalries in America: Vote for the best

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Love or hate either school, you have to admit that the PN-G/Nederland rivalry checks all the boxes for the definition of great high school rivalries.

It may or may not make a difference in the national ranking, or how SI orders them, but why not click that circle at the bottom of the article and show them how both schools are supported and represented. And what a good football rivalry is about. The nation needs to be more aware of SE Texas football.

Vote in the poll (follow the link and go to the bottom) to choose the best high school football rivalry in the country.

The poll will close at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time Thursday, Oct. 17.

Reactions: Rez

Pngrick72

Love or hate either school, you have to admit that the PN-G/Nederland rivalry checks all the boxes for the definition of great high school rivalries.

It may or may not make a difference in the national ranking, or how SI orders them, but why not click that circle at the bottom of the article and show them how both schools are supported and represented. And what a good football rivalry is about. The nation needs to be more aware of SE Texas football.

As of sunday 8am, png vs nederland leads with 55.56% of the votes!

19PNGndn68

Vote in the poll (follow the link and go to the bottom) to choose the best high school football rivalry in the country.

FYI PNG visitor general admission tickets on sale for West Fork game on GOFANS Monday morning.

19PNGndn68

We need both PNG and Nederland communities to blow this poll up. A Maryland high school football rivalry is the best in the nation? Really????

Attachments

• IMG_9944.png
    IMG_9944.png
    868.6 KB · Views: 22

rush

I voted!

19PNGndn68

P

Come on PNG and Nederland fans we need 1700 votes today Thursday October 17 before the poll closes at Midnight to crush this National poll.

19PNGndn68

the local golden triangle news cast “ caught wind” ? of the National SI voting poll for the best high school rivalry, we need all supporters to cast their votes. Ten thousand votes sends a clear message to the nation. Viking ends at midnight Thursday.
Would ask the Golden Triangle fans to vote in this National SI (Sports Illustrated) poll on the best high school rivalry. Ten Thousand voles should send a clear message to the local “sports casters”, Texas (DCTF), and the Nation. Voting stops at Midnight Thursday October 17.

The local PA and BMT News coverage of PNG is so diluted. I have stopped my online subscriptions to both newspapers since I live in the Houston area. How I miss Bob West, John DeViller?, and Tom Halliburton who could in their after game news paper columns make you relive the game. Bob West could a take a TJ yellow jacket loss and turn it into a narrow escape win and a “moral victory.” Today There is no press coverage/stats to be found posted on the internet.
WHO are We!!! PNG

Attachments

• IMG_9965.png
    IMG_9965.png
    754.9 KB · Views: 1

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Would ask the Golden Triangle fans to vote in this National SI (Sports Illustrated) poll on the best high school rivalry. Ten Thousand voles should send a clear message to the local “sports casters”, Texas (DCTF), and the Nation. Voting stops at Midnight Thursday October 17.

The local PA and BMT News coverage of PNG is so diluted. I have stopped my online subscriptions to both newspapers since I live in the Houston area. How I miss Bob West, John DeViller?, and Tom Halliburton who could in their after game news paper columns make you relive the game. Bob West could a take a TJ yellow jacket loss and turn it into a narrow escape win and a “moral victory.” Today There is no press coverage/stats to be found posted on the internet.
WHO are We!!! PNG
Both papers focus on Bmt schools, PA Memorial and Nederland with only an
occasional mention of PNG. Articles form Daucy Crizer, when assigned to cover PN-G, are typically good quality but other than that, not much to see. Very disappointing and frankly unforgivable. Especially the politically correct policies of a certain paper that has published more disinformation about PNG than anyone, and pushed that garbage every chance they get.

WarDance

occasional mention of PNG. Articles form Daucy Crizer, when assigned to cover PN-G, are typically good quality but other than that, not much to see. Very disappointing and frankly unforgivable. Especially the politically correct policies of a certain paper that has published more disinformation about PNG than anyone, and pushed that garbage every chance they get.

With less than 2 hours to go, it looks like we have this in the bag! Good job to both PNG and Nederland fans who voted! MCM rules!

I did find it interesting with the lack of votes from the fans of Duncanville vs. Desoto. That is an annual 6A barnburner.

1000011718.jpg

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (6-0)
vs.
West Fork Gators (2-4)

Friday, Oct. 18, 7:00PM

Randall Reed Stadium, New Caney, TX

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores