How well will PN-G do in the upcoming football season?

bandkid

Staff member
Alright, we've seen the spring game and many have attended the practices. I think everyone agrees that Coach Faircloth and his team are doing a great job and that they have made some much-needed changes. I know it's still a little early to start making predictions, but which district games do you think PN-G will win, which district games do you think PN-G will lose, what place do you think we will take in our district, do you think we will go to the playoffs, and, if so, how far do you think we will go in the playoffs? Please include the reasons for your predictions and please share your predictions for the rest of District 20-4A as well.

Here's a copy of the schedule:

Port Neches-Groves Indians 2009-2010 Football Schedule

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home)
Sept. 4 Crosby (Home)
Sept. 11 Texas City (Home)
Sept. 18 OPEN
Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home)
Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home)
Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away)
Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home)
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away)
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home)
Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away)

Many thanks to Bobcatfan4life for the schedule.

badndn

500+ Posts
W Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home) First win at the new Reservation.
L Sept. 4 Crosby (Home) Crosby will be legit!
L Sept. 11 Texas City (Home) Not sure about what TC will have, but reputation!!!
Sept. 18 OPEN
W Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home) LCM will be better, but not good enough to win on the road.
L Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home) Should be a very good year for Nederland with Bellows and co.
W Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away) They lost their star. A win on the road.
W Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home) Could go either way with a good Vidor club, but home field gets the W.
L Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away) Tuff to beat Beard and the Raiders in Lumber Town.
W Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home) Not sold on the Ozen program.
W Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away) Team is peaking and wins a big one at the Babe!

6-4 and 5-2 in District. Three way tie with Central and Lumberton for second.
Nederland and Central go 1,2 DI and PNG and Lumberton go 1,2 DII.

PNG beats BH in bi-District
Looses Area.
7-5 and very successfull first year under BF. Sets the stage for big, big things in 2010!

bandkid

Staff member
badndn said:
W Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home) First win at the new Reservation.
L Sept. 4 Crosby (Home) Crosby will be legit!
L Sept. 11 Texas City (Home) Not sure about what TC will have, but reputation!!!
Sept. 18 OPEN
W Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home) LCM will be better, but not good enough to win on the road.
L Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home) Should be a very good year for Nederland with Bellows and co.
W Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away) They lost their star. A win on the road.
W Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home) Could go either way with a good Vidor club, but home field gets the W.
L Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away) Tuff to beat Beard and the Raiders in Lumber Town.
W Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home) Not sold on the Ozen program.
W Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away) Team is peaking and wins a big one at the Babe!

6-4 and 5-2 in District. Three way tie with Central and Lumberton for second.
Nederland and Central go 1,2 DI and PNG and Lumberton go 1,2 DII.

PNG beats BH in bi-District
Looses Area.
7-5 and very successfull first year under BF. Sets the stage for big, big things in 2010!

That's what I'm talking about.

For the most part, I'm thinking the same thing, but I think we'll beat Lumberton and both Crosby and Central will be a toss-up.

As far as Mid-County Madness goes, I think we all know that it's unpredictable. We will have a home-field advantage this year, but you never know who will come out on top, no matter which stadium we play in. However, no matter what, it will be a good game.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
kfdmcoop said:
I agree, too. Many, many times people have given up on the Indians and they've romped and stomped! I predict we'll win every game, but one. Don't know which one, but team will need to know how a loss feels. After that, its Katie, bar the door--the Indians are here.

modmouse78

100+ Posts
I talked to a guy who goes to every lumberton game and practice. He told me they were not going to be good this year. He said they would be in a rebuilding year. So, i think we will beat them this year.

bandkid

Staff member
modmouse78 said:
I talked to a guy who goes to every lumberton game and practice. He told me they were not going to be good this year. He said they would be in a rebuilding year. So, i think we will beat them this year.

Now if we can just find that blasted train horn....

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to make a bold statement and predict that Central will be the most challenging game of the year. I think the Indians will outscore the rest.

akifan94

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
Alright, we've seen the spring game and many have attended the practices. I think everyone agrees that Coach Faircloth and his team are doing a great job and that they have made some much-needed changes. I know it's still a little early to start making predictions, but which district games do you think PN-G will win, which district games do you think PN-G will lose, what place do you think we will take in our district, do you think we will go to the playoffs, and, if so, how far do you think we will go in the playoffs? Please include the reasons for your predictions and please share your predictions for the rest of District 20-4A as well.

Here's a copy of the schedule:

Port Neches-Groves Indians 2009-2010 Football Schedule

Aug. 28 Barbers Hill (Home) W
Sept. 4 Crosby (Home) W
Sept. 11 Texas City (Home) L
Sept. 18 OPEN
Sept. 25 Little Cypress-Mauriceville* (Home) W
Oct. 2 Nederland* (Home) L
Oct. 9 @ Livingston* (Away) W
Oct. 16 Vidor* (Home) W
Oct. 23 @ Lumberton* (Away) W
Oct. 30 Beaumont Ozen* (Home) W
Nov. 6 @ Beaumont Central* (Away) L

Many thanks to Bobcatfan4life for the schedule.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
I'm going to make a bold statement and predict that Central will be the most challenging game of the year. I think the Indians will outscore the rest.
I predict PNG will win MCM. I think we will surprise the rest of district. I hope we lose an early game, #1 or #2, so we will be good and hungry for the rest.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
IndianFan said:
I predict PNG will win MCM. I think we will surprise the rest of district. I hope we lose an early game, #1 or #2, so we will be good and hungry for the rest.

I think our first (and hopefully last) loss will be game #3 against Texas City, even though we'll have the homefield advantage.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Actually the Crosby game and central game will be very tough followed closely by the Nederland game. I say 7-3 on the year unless Hurricane hits again. ;D I see this team as a two to three round playoff team. Prediction is 8-4 or 9-4. Big improvement from last year.

bandkid

Staff member
Please don't forget to give us your predictions for the rest of District 20-4A as well.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
bandkid said:
Please don't forget to give us your predictions for the rest of District 20-4A as well.

1.Ned
2.PNG
3.Central
4.Livingston
5.Lumberton
6.Vidor
7.Ozen
8.LCM

1-5 could change, but that's my prediction for 2009. It helps when you have 7 home games. What's yours?

bandkid

Staff member
PNGfan said:
bandkid said:

1.Ned
2.PNG
3.Central
4.Livingston
5.Lumberton
6.Vidor
7.Ozen
8.LCM

1-5 could change, but that's my prediction for 2009. It helps when you have 7 home games. What's yours?

1. Nederland Bulldogs
2. Central Jaguars
3. PN-G Indians
4. Vidor Pirates
5. Ozen Panthers
6. Livingston Lions
7. Lumberton Raiders
8. LC-M Bears

All of it's tentative, especially numbers 1-3. MCM and Central are going to be toss-ups for us. Those two games are going to be what decides our place in the district. The only one I feel confident about is #8. I've heard that this coming year is going to be a rebuilding one for Lumberton and that Livingston is going to be coming in weak. I've also heard that Ozen is looking to come on strong this year. I think that Vidor is going to go on to have an above average season and go to the playoffs. I think LC-M's season is going to be comparable to 2008. I think it's going to be at least a year before they really start ramping things up and and at least a couple more before they have a shot at the playoffs. But, you never know. LC-M's new coach is from WO-S, a great football school, and I think they've got the talent. They may surprise us. One thing is for sure: With all these new coaches, this year is hard to predict.

Long-term, I think that Nederland and PN-G will be the major powers in our district. Central and Ozen have the potential, but it's hard to build a program in a school district like BISD. Central and Ozen may have a few good playoff runs, but I don't think they can sustain long-term results. As for the other schools, the talent is definitely there. Their deciding factors will be their coaching staffs and their programs.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
Again, I may turn out to be wrong, but I predict we will win MCM this year. I can't believe any Indian fan picking Nederland over us. It's our opinion that if you beat Nederland you've had a winning season. We're long overdue. If I didn't think our new coach/team could beat Nederland, I wouldn't support him. He knows how most of us feel and I know winning MCM is a goal of his, so I'm not worried in the least. It might even be a close game, but we'll win.

bandkid

Staff member
squaw said:
Again, I may turn out to be wrong, but I predict we will win MCM this year. I can't believe any Indian fan picking Nederland over us. It's our opinion that if you beat Nederland you've had a winning season. We're long overdue. If I didn't think our new coach/team could beat Nederland, I wouldn't support him. He knows how most of us feel and I know winning MCM is a goal of his, so I'm not worried in the least. It might even be a close game, but we'll win.

I hope so, but like I said, that game is the most unpredictable of the season. It doesn't matter how either of the teams have done prior to MCM, it's a toss-up. That's just its nature.

Oldschool

Squaw winning against Nederland is something that the team and community should want every year. Though to go as far as saying we have had a winning season by beating Nederland is ridiculous. No coach would stay very long if thats the only win they got year in and out. We won MCM the 2007 football season.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores