INDIAN FANS

squaw

1,000+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Having the students seated in the end zone became a problem several years back. The student section was then moved to the home side.
Maybe I missed something, but I thought the student section was not moved until we got the new scoreboard.

NDN79

500+ Posts
The only way you will ever stop unruly or misbehaving students in the stands is to have the School District take a stand and do something about it. They have proven in most recent years they are NOT willing to do that, because they are afraid of any repercussions. Also, this is a generation of parents who are NOT willing to accept resposibility for their childrens actions, and would rather inconvenience others than discipline their children!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
It is the parent's responsibility to deal with there kids and make them behave, not the district!!! When my kids were younger they ALWAYS sat with us. When they got older me and my wife would check up on them several times a game. Once my wife caught my son acting up and he had to sit with us the rest of the year. From then on we didn't have another issue with him acting up. It starts with the partents!!!!! Period!!!!!!!!!!! So stop blaming the district and start holding parents accountable. If the same kids keep acting out ban there parents from the stadium for 1 year.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
NDN79 said:
The only way you will ever stop unruly or misbehaving students in the stands is to have the School District take a stand and do something about it. They have proven in most recent years they are NOT willing to do that, because they are afraid of any repercussions. Also, this is a generation of parents who are NOT willing to accept resposibility for their childrens actions, and would rather inconvenience others than discipline their children!
Not all parents. I make my kids sit down with my wife and I. I have at times let my youngest daughter go with her friends, but she usually ends up sitting with her friends parents or they sit with us. My son who is a Sophmore and plays on the JV I trust. He is more fearful of me and my punishment and that of the coaches if they get into trouble at a game. My son told me that the coaches told them teams that they will not tolerate misbehavior at the games and they are to watch the game and watch the varsity player that plays in their position to learn more. I put in another post that at the game Friday he told several Freshmen and 8th graders to knock off the food throwing and cussing and other things and they tried to start stuff with him. That was funny he said because he and along with about 10 other JV players stood up and looked at them and the trouble makers hauled butt. He told me that the problem students are 9th graders and middle school kids. I agree that parents need to step up their parenting skills and control their kids. I hate going down to the concession stand during the game because of all the kids running around down there. Its like a maze to get thru them. And then in the bathroom they are throwing toilet paper around that is wet and splashing water around out of the sinks. I do feel the district needs to get this under control before someone gets seriously injured and the district gets sued. Maybe we all need to bring our concerns to the superintendant. This is for our kids and others safety. But all in all its the parents responsibility to correct their own childs behavior.

NDN79

500+ Posts
My post was not meant as a condemnation of all parents and their parenting skills. PNGISD is blessed with many great parents and families. But it only takes a few who don't care or hold their kids responsible, to create a situation where kids are out of control.I agree with the other poster that parents need/should be responsible for their own kids-- but that doesn't always happen. When it infringes on others right to enjoy the game then something needs to be done. IMHO

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
I think if the district takes a stand then there will lots of empty seats in the stands from parents having to stay home with their unruly kids.

NDN NATION said:
I think if the district takes a stand then there will lots of empty seats in the stands from parents having to stay home with their unruly kids.
I don't think the seats would be empty just some other folks sitting in them. If the parents can't watch the game because their kids are misbehaving, maybe they will sit "Bubba and Sissy" down, straighten them out and everybody will be back to enjoy the game. Until then, I agree with the post that the district take a stand on the running and all the other things that seem to be going on.

ndnmom79

I also was very upset at how the student section was acting. Even during the singing of the national anthem they were acting up and talking. I also went to take my daughter to the restroom and could barely get through all of the kids because they were all gathered on the railing going down the walkway. I actually had to tell them to get out of the way...I hope something can be done about this. Its appalling that our youth is acting this way

15PNG

500+ Posts
If you are supposed to learn from your mistakes, why do some people have more than one child?

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
Glad my child likes the games and does whatever the Indianettes or Cheerleaders are doing. Plus she is too young to even go to the restroom by herself.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I remember last year they had the police under the stands making all the kids go sit down in the stands. They should do that again, seemed to work better than what is being done now. Nothing ! But I think we all agree that this is a parents responsibility. For me I believe "spare the rod spoil the child !" I have a few well worn in leather belts that I would be willing to let a parent or two use to help with controlling their kids ! LOL All of my kids know better. If you disrespect someone else in any manner or their property you are disrespecting GOD. I have instilled this in my kids from a very young age. Seems to work. Yeah they get in trouble at times and misbehave but they also are aware of consequences. I think maybe an example needs to be set somehow. Maybe having the parents have to go get their kids from a officer or school official for misbehaving. I think that would be embarassing to me to have to face a public official because my kid(s) were acting like heathens in the stands or under the stands. I bet if some of the parents got embarassed they would control their kids more. Just my thoughts.

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I remember last year they had the police under the stands making all the kids go sit down in the stands. They should do that again, seemed to work better than what is being done now. Nothing ! But I think we all agree that this is a parents responsibility. For me I believe "spare the rod spoil the child !" I have a few well worn in leather belts that I would be willing to let a parent or two use to help with controlling their kids ! LOL All of my kids know better. If you disrespect someone else in any manner or their property you are disrespecting GOD. I have instilled this in my kids from a very young age. Seems to work. Yeah they get in trouble at times and misbehave but they also are aware of consequences. I think maybe an example needs to be set somehow. Maybe having the parents have to go get their kids from a officer or school official for misbehaving. I think that would be embarassing to me to have to face a public official because my kid(s) were acting like heathens in the stands or under the stands. I bet if some of the parents got embarassed they would control their kids more. Just my thoughts.

:thumbsup:

15PNG

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:

PREACH 66! :thumbsup: +1

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

Give every adult that passes through the gates a tazer gun. When an adult sees a kid acting up they tazer them, the kid with the most probes in him at the end of the game wins. That kid cannot come back to the next game, very simple. Float another bond and buy the guns. :guns:
I would guess the majority of the kids that are acting up are the ones that get dropped off at the gate and their parents are not even in the house. If you attend the high school I would say that you could come in without an adult. But, younger then 9th grade a parent with a ticket must attend the game also.
I still think the tazer thing is better!

15PNG

500+ Posts
Just had a thought............. back when I was younger, we used to be able to make some extra money by showing up early saturday morning after a game and cleaning the stadium. We would pick up trash, on and under the stands.... empty the trashcans, pick up all the tape etc on the field, tuck the purple and white feathers that fell off the Indian Spirit in our jeans to take home. It wasn't much fun at all, quite nasty really, but it was some pocket money.

So - if these kids are disruptive and caught, they are REQUIRED to show up Saturday morning and CLEAN UP THE MESS at no cost. If the parents are worth a damn, they will have their "angel" there first thing am. I know I would and I'd probably make them do MORE when they got home. I might make an impression.

If there are any politically correct responses to this........... save em, because if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong. ;D I'm not PC at all - personally, the entitlement these kids have, is part of the problem.

ndnmom79

15PNG---I totally agree with your post..maybe if these kids acting up (throwing food) and all had to clean up the place for 1...they wouldnt be making such a mess of the place anymore and 2...they wouldnt want to get into trouble again and be punished by cleaning the stands. :thumbsup:

TheBoysMom

I wonder if it's possible that the PN-G students involved with the criminal justice program could be utilized for "crowd control"?

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores