INDIAN FANS

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
I remember last year they had the police under the stands making all the kids go sit down in the stands. They should do that again, seemed to work better than what is being done now. Nothing ! But I think we all agree that this is a parents responsibility. For me I believe "spare the rod spoil the child !" I have a few well worn in leather belts that I would be willing to let a parent or two use to help with controlling their kids ! LOL All of my kids know better. If you disrespect someone else in any manner or their property you are disrespecting GOD. I have instilled this in my kids from a very young age. Seems to work. Yeah they get in trouble at times and misbehave but they also are aware of consequences. I think maybe an example needs to be set somehow. Maybe having the parents have to go get their kids from a officer or school official for misbehaving. I think that would be embarassing to me to have to face a public official because my kid(s) were acting like heathens in the stands or under the stands. I bet if some of the parents got embarassed they would control their kids more. Just my thoughts.
Have all the little heathens be taken to one spot with police protection. Call the parents names over the PA system to come retrieve them. That would put a stop to the whole misbehaving issue.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

I think using the criminal justice kids would put the district in a position of liability that they would not want to be in. I know that if my child was assigned that duty, I would have reservations of them serving this duty. One of those hot dog throwing smarta$$e$ tells a CJ student to kiss off and he takes him into custody, I can see a lawsuit, the district and the child would be named. When Lane Emmett used to patrol the student section we never had these issues, MB is the new LE, MB just needs to do his job.

I still like the Tazer method of crowd control. :machinegun:

PNGROW4650YRDLN

100+ Posts
I wouldn't want one of the criminal justice students to be responsible for the little devils. That's why I said Police Protection as in an off duty officer. If the little devils were to throw coke cans or water bottles and someone got hurt, they would probably be leaving the stands with a Police officer.

bark

1,000+ Posts
On the PNG info station this morning it stated the rules for the stadium a few I noted were all were to be seated unless to/from vending restroom etc... Must be Middle School and older to not have a parent. i agree it is getting out of hand.

If any Administrators are reading please advise staff it ENFORCE the rules set forth by their School Board. Also said they must abide by the Student Code, I assume this is dress, hair etc...

NDN79

500+ Posts
I agree with you Bark--but good luck wishing something will change! I will have to see it to believe it!!

indianalways

100+ Posts
bark said:
On the PNG info station this morning it stated the rules for the stadium a few I noted were all were to be seated unless to/from vending restroom etc... Must be Middle School and older to not have a parent. i agree it is getting out of hand.

If any Administrators are reading please advise staff it ENFORCE the rules set forth by their School Board. Also said they must abide by the Student Code, I assume this is dress, hair etc...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm sorry to tell you this but it IS NOT the Administration's job to "ENFORCE" anything under the stands. It is up to YOU to "ENFORCE" how your children act in public. The Administration's job IS to "ENFORCE" how the football players, band, Indianettes, twirlers, G-Crew, Indian Spirit..etc (sorry if i forgot someone) act at school sponsored events. Before you go around telling school Administration to "ENFORCE" anything take a look in the mirror. What a idiotic claim that Administration "ENFORCE" how people's children act in public. It is up to YOU, the parents of the "little devils."

And BTW, how can children know how to act when their parents don't even act right? That's a question to ponder.

TheBoysMom

indianalways said:
bark said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm sorry to tell you this but it IS NOT the Administration's job to "ENFORCE" anything under the stands. It is up to YOU to "ENFORCE" how your children act in public. The Administration's job IS to "ENFORCE" how the football players, band, Indianettes, twirlers, G-Crew, Indian Spirit..etc (sorry if i forgot someone) act at school sponsored events. Before you go around telling school Administration to "ENFORCE" anything take a look in the mirror. What a idiotic claim that Administration "ENFORCE" how people's children act in public. It is up to YOU, the parents of the "little devils."

And BTW, how can children know how to act when their parents don't even act right? That's a question to ponder.

The problem is that it's NOT HAPPENING, and I sincerely doubt that many of the people here are the parents of the kids running wild under the stands. Do you really think you're addressing the majority of the parents when you post such a critical statement to the members of this site?

My youngest "little devil" is 17 and plays football for the Indians, so that leaves me out. Now what am I to do?

indianalways

100+ Posts
TheBoysMom said:
indianalways said:
bark said:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The problem is that it's NOT HAPPENING, and I sincerely doubt that many of the people here are the parents of the kids running wild under the stands. Do you really think you're addressing the majority of the parents when you post such a critical statement to the members of this site?

My youngest "little devil" is 17 and plays football for the Indians, so that leaves me out. Now what am I to do?

You're right, it isn't happening, but what is that school administrations fault? When you come on this site and gripe about the way children act in and under the stands do you REALLY think you're addressing the parents of those children? So instead of forming some sort of initiative to make it better to HELP school Administration, members of this site throw them under the bus and say "oh they need to ENFORCE the rules they already have." Bull crap. Then, people come on this site and say "it's all the schools fault because they can't control their students!" Bull crap. Are teachers and administrators supposed to walk up to a group of students at the mall and tell them to behave? My statement wasn't meant as criticism to the posters on this site, but to the parents of children who run wild during school sponsored events.

NDN79

500+ Posts
I think where the frustration comes in at for some people is that the school district in the past has provided "ushers" or monitors, and that prevented the issues talked about here. It is my understanding that the school district has decided against "hiring" these ushers and/or monitors this year. I'm sure this is a budget item that was decided against in favor of saving money. Perhaps if enough people complain about the situation, then the district can reconsider hiring the ushers for the games.

bark

1,000+ Posts
As a matter of fact there are paid teachers/administrators that have event duty and are expected to do just that, enforce the rules of the District/UIL. Ask any teacher and they will tell you they hate duty and often you have to assign duty to teachers as a Principal or AP.

So to say it is not the District's duty is an incorrect statement.

TheBoysMom

bark said:
As a matter of fact there are paid teachers/administrators that have event duty and are expected to do just that, enforce the rules of the District/UIL. Ask any teacher and they will tell you they hate duty and often you have to assign duty to teachers as a Principal or AP.

So to say it is not the District's duty is an incorrect statement.

Not only that, but running, jumping and otherwise disorderly kids are highly likely to eventually injure themselves or an innocent bystander, causing a liability issue for the school district.

It's definitely in the district's best interest to be proactive about this situation.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Yes it is the Districts responsibility to enforce proper conduct at all school sponsored events. Just like when you go into a plant you have to behave and wear proper attire. Yes it is a big liability issue for the District when they are aware of people doing things they should not be doing. Ignorance of the rules and laws are not allowed. Ask any police officer and they will tell you that. Same holds true for a school district. To me though it all comes back to the parents and their parenting skills.

1IDPURPLEMONSTER

As I stated previously, I don't think it is kids with parents in the stadium, it is kids that were dropped off at the gate, while mom and dad go out and have an evening. But, with that said, on the PNG info channel, it does state under the Safety Policy, "Students misbehaviour is to be reported to the campus administrator for disciplinary action". So now we have a policy for reporting misbehaviour, apparently we have a campus administrator and we have disciplinary action. But, we have parents out here think it is not up to the administration to enforce the rules by the administration.

My kids are in their 30's, I catch them acting up at the games, I'm really going to punish them when I get older and they start taking care of me. :eek:ld:

I still think we need to taser the bad ones.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
I agree that it is the responsibility of both parents and the school district. Unfortunately, when the parents don't do their job, it falls on the school to protect its interests and liabilities. That it is solely the parents job to make sure their kids act right would be like saying let's get rid of all law enforcement and depend on parents to raise their children right and crime will go away. Not very practical. Once again, I am sure that the majority of the posters on here are not the parents who drop their kids off or let them run wild without any supervision, so it is pretty much preaching to the choir.

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
pngfan66 said:
Yes it is the Districts responsibility to enforce proper conduct at all school sponsored events. Just like when you go into a plant you have to behave and wear proper attire. Yes it is a big liability issue for the District when they are aware of people doing things they should not be doing. Ignorance of the rules and laws are not allowed. Ask any police officer and they will tell you that. Same holds true for a school district. To me though it all comes back to the parents and their parenting skills.

Yep.

indianalways

100+ Posts
When a kid running down the stands falls and breaks his/ her neck..the liability falls on the school district because there wasn't a teacher/ administrator there to brace the fall? Hmm. The rules have been posted, people/ children will follow the rules or they won't. It is up to each individual and each PARENT to decide whether or not to do what is best for themselves and the people sharing the "friday night experience" with them. I can understand the frustration represented here, it is truly annoying and disheartening to watch how people (and their children) act this day in age. Sitting around and waiting on someone that has "school employee" plastered on their shirt to "enforce" anything in the football stands is pointless. It's kind of like sitting around and waiting on Washington to pay for your health care...never going to happen. WAKE UP. Why don't we, the community, take the first step and instead of using our words on each other, use them on people who misbehave in the stands. Be the change you want to see, don't sit around and wait on someone else to do it.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
indianalways said:
When a kid running down the stands falls and breaks his/ her neck..the liability falls on the school district because there wasn't a teacher/ administrator there to brace the fall? Hmm. The rules have been posted, people/ children will follow the rules or they won't. It is up to each individual and each PARENT to decide whether or not to do what is best for themselves and the people sharing the "friday night experience" with them. I can understand the frustration represented here, it is truly annoying and disheartening to watch how people (and their children) act this day in age. Sitting around and waiting on someone that has "school employee" plastered on their shirt to "enforce" anything in the football stands is pointless. It's kind of like sitting around and waiting on Washington to pay for your health care...never going to happen. WAKE UP. Why don't we, the community, take the first step and instead of using our words on each other, use them on people who misbehave in the stands. Be the change you want to see, don't sit around and wait on someone else to do it.
Great post ! your right ! even if a kids parents don't want to handle their own kids, it may be best for another adult to put little johnny in his place ! I guess you would have to take the village approach to it. But of course there will always be the idiot ! Who gets that person ?

Indianette78

From the point of view of a 20 yr veteran educator, this is a different generation from when I was their age or even when my children were young. And yes they sat in the stands with us until I felt they were old enough to venture out and even then they were to check in every quarter. I also watched them with binoculars in the "ant hill" student section that was in the end zone! They told me I was the ONLY crazy parent doing that but whatever. Many kids today (and parents as well) think they're above the law although I do not have a discipline problem in my classroom. I have high standards for my students, and they give me that for the most part. But over the years I have seen a steady breakdown of the family unit, and I think that's to blame for these kids misbehavior. It is a rarity these days for there not to be "step" fathers and mothers,and while I have also seen good "steps" in there working with their kids. More often than not I see mom and/or dads who are too busy with their social lives to be bothered with their children's behavior. I have had many times kids that are known to be "problem" kids come into my room and with a little discipline respond beautifully. All they want is sadly some attention and structure even at the middle and high school ages. People can't expect school district administrators to catch it all. There's too many people to see everything. And I agree it has to fall to the parents to take care of the problem. At the Nederland game I had middle schoolers all around me being bad. I called them down in my teacher voice and they responded just as I expected them to. Yes ma'am I'm sorry! I just couldn't take it any more. But it has to start at home....

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores