"Indian March"

attakapandn

100+ Posts
with the sound that the bagpipes make the players may wanna tackle the player! hahhaha DRUMS all the way .. let Lumberton know that the drum is beating the war beat and coming to scalp some Red Raiders!

bandkid

Staff member
pngfan66 said:
Hope we get time to get back to our seats before they come thru the run thru

There's going to have to be some time for the percussion section to rejoin the band to play Cherokee during the run-through.

The major question in my mind is how this is going to fit in with the band marching in around the track. I suppose if they come in and play Cherokee on the track early enough, it won't be an issue.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
Maybe it replaces it.

I don't believe it does. I texted the percussion section leader two days ago and nothing he said sounded like they were replacing one tradition with another, although this coming week presents special circumstances because it's band parent night.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
After the band plays Cherokee, the band goes up and the drumline peals off and goes around under the stands, and waits on the players that will come out of the end of the field house, instead of the side.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
How the heck are we all going to fit under the stands? :crazy:

Yeah, there's no way we can all fit, safely anyway! I'm sure it will be a first come first serve situation!

indianforever

100+ Posts
I heard from an indianette that they were doing this saturday morning and they are doing it to make a pump up video for MCM...I hope she is wrong and they do it tomorrow night...can anyone confirm this?

midcty1114

indianforever said:
I heard from an indianette that they were doing this saturday morning and they are doing it to make a pump up video for MCM...I hope she is wrong and they do it tomorrow night...can anyone confirm this?

I know they are all meeting Saturday morning to make a "lip dub" video for MCM. (google it...pretty cool!)

pngfan66

500+ Posts
I assume the march will occur after the band parent introductions ? They told the band and etc. to be out on the field at 7. So since the game starts at 730 the march would start as soon as the parent night is done ?

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
That makes sense to me. We were told 6:45-7. Then, I suppose that after the band plays Cherokee, the band goes up and the drum line goes around and under???

NDNband69

500+ Posts
The Indian March was very nice. Some fans lined the way early with their lawn chairs to wait for the march. The P.N. police led the way with light flashing on a golf cart. I think the players and fans loved it.

3NDNS

:clap:, :clap: :clap:
What an exciting way to start the game! THE PLAYERS LOVED IT!!! The fans who were down there loved it - especially the younger ones!!! And I made it back to my seat (on row 44) before the run through! GREAT NEW TRADITION!!!!
Thanks drum line for leading the way!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

HighChief2008

Did anyone happen to get any video of this? I couldn't make it down due to the band and parents returning to the stand. WAS TRAPPED lol.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
The 1st PNG Indian March pics:

P.N. Police lead the way. Fans line up to cheer the team.
photo.png

Drum Line pump up the crowd.
photo2.png

The PNG Indian Football team and fans are pumped.
photo3.png

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores