INDIAN NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
It would be awesome if they could do a live performance for homecoming, especially since most of them are PNG grads!! As far as the big screen I think an email to the video dept would be a good start.

PurpleNDN

61ndn said:
AWESOME! I agree it should be shown on the Jumbotron before every game. Not many high school teams have their own song.
It would be great to play this before the games, but everything they play on the jumbotron sounds terrible. the ads last week sounded like they were sitting in a vibrating chair. Does anyone know what the problem is? We could use that to our advantage. They could flash DE FENSE for a crucial play or Tell the crowd to "make some noise" only when we are on defense of course.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
This song just wants to pump you up ! Its approx 3 mins long. If this song was played as the boys came out of the locker room it would be awesome ! Imagine the crowd getting pumped up which would get the boys even more pumped up ! This is just what is needed to get the whole REZ rocking ! My son listened to it last night and told me that it got him pumped up big time. He is a sophmore on the JV. I just think this song needs to be used in the right opportunities for the team ! Change the video up for more game footage and let it rock the stadium !

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
From wikipedia:

The Podunks were an indigenous people living in some of the southern parts of what came to be known as New England. The Europeans referred to these people as the Podunk, but they did not have a name for themselves, or a written language, and they spoke an Algonquian dialect. The word Podunk is of Algonquian origin and it means "where you sink in mire", a boggy place, in the Nipmuc dialect. The Podunk peoples called their homeplace Nowashe, "between" rivers.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..DEBUT IT AT HOMECOMING. So much better than the bag pipes. How bigtime are we having a song made just for us. :band:

NDN79

500+ Posts
That song is A W E S O M E ! ! We have to play that at every home game. PN-G has enough talented people to come up with a way to use that to inspire the players and the crowd. That song should be played several times a game. Can you imagine the crowd getting into it and singing along with the video. Hats off to the group that came up with this song. What great talent and inspiration.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Ok guys sorry been out of town I knew that this would be the reaction. By the way this was Jason Touchet who did this song. He played every instrument and did the vocals. Thanx so much to you Jason Touchet this is so awsome!~!!!!!!!!!!

pngfan66

500+ Posts
some folks on other sites are bashing the song ! typical NDN envy ! I think its great to have something like this ! I don't know of any other school that has their own song beside their school song. PNG is different in alot of ways, the mascot, the head dresses, the HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION !!!!!!
Why not take the uniqueness to another level !

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
From what I read it wasn't just other people it was NDN fans also. To me each their own, not everyone is going to like everything. Me personally I would have never posted the song on the other site for other to hear since it didn't concern them. But again that is just me and my opinion.

15PNG

500+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
From what I read it wasn't just other people it was NDN fans also. To me each their own, not everyone is going to like everything. Me personally I would have never posted the song on the other site for other to hear since it didn't concern them. But again that is just me and my opinion.

+1

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
15PNG said:
NDN NATION said:

+1

It seems to me that everyone over on that site either 1 hates anything PNG or 2 they are jealous.

png tribe

100+ Posts
Our own fan's are dogging the song because they hate PNG? Come on, maybe they just don't like it as a lot of the football player's don't like it.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
png tribe said:
Our own fan's are dogging the song because they hate PNG? Come on, maybe they just don't like it as a lot of the football player's don't like it.

I was referring to all the non PNG people who dog anything that has to do with PNG. I personally could care less if people liked the song or not.

bandkid

Staff member
People on that other site - not everyone, but many - hate PN-G. Why? It's simple.

They're tired of going to a game in their stadium and finding that there are more PN-G fans sitting in the stands than there are fans of their own team.

They're tired of going to games where half of the fans of their team don't know their school's fight song while everyone present knows Cherokee.

They're tired of watching various PN-G extra-curricular groups consistently dominate nearly every form of competition.

And most importantly, they hate the fact that their schools don't have and probably never will have any of the Honor, Pride, and Tradition or habitual excellence that our school has had for the better part of six decades.

Simply put, you're just going to run into PN-G haters. Maybe they're jealous, maybe they don't like the fact that people aren't writing songs about their school, maybe they think our following is "ridiculous," or maybe they just hate the color purple. In any case, PN-G has far more to be proud of than just about any other school in the area or in the great state of Texas.

And as far as the song goes, love it or hate it, you have to admit that it's pretty cool that a PN-G graduate would take time out of his own busy schedule to write a song about his high school alma mater.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
bandkid said:
People on that other site - not everyone, but many - hate PN-G. Why? It's simple.

They're tired of going to a game in their stadium and finding that there are more PN-G fans sitting in the stands than there are fans of their own team.

They're tired of going to games where half of the fans of their team don't know their school's fight song while everyone present knows Cherokee.

They're tired of watching various PN-G extra-curricular groups consistently dominate nearly every form of competition.

Wonderfully put +10 for you. There is a guy on setxsports who said something similar about people who just like to start crap.
And most importantly, they hate the fact that their schools don't have and probably never will have any of the Honor, Pride, and Tradition or habitual excellence that our school has had for the better part of six decades.

Simply put, you're just going to run into PN-G haters. Maybe they're jealous, maybe they don't like the fact that people aren't writing songs about their school, maybe they think our following is "ridiculous," or maybe they just hate the color purple. In any case, PN-G has far more to be proud of than just about any other school in the area or in the great state of Texas.

And as far as the song goes, love it or hate it, you have to admit that it's pretty cool that a PN-G graduate would take time out of his own busy schedule to write a song about his high school alma mater.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
And there are also several PNG people on that other site that brag at every opportunity and people get tired of reading it...including myself. I'm all for being proud (hence the name) but "Hey look at me, and I'm great because I pull for PNG" just doesn't cut it for me. I guess I'm a bit too reserved for that.

hookem14

100+ Posts
I just listened to the song for the first time, and although I like the song very much and think it is very well performed and written, I don’t get fired up thinking about football when I hear it. I have also talked to a few players that feel the same way about it.

15PNG

500+ Posts
PNG Proud said:
And there are also several PNG people on that other site that brag at every opportunity and people get tired of reading it...including myself. I'm all for being proud (hence the name) but "Hey look at me, and I'm great because I pull for PNG" just doesn't cut it for me. I guess I'm a bit too reserved for that.

Well said - BRAVO - this is exactly the way I feel and why I seldom post over there.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores