Indian Stadium Renovation

NDNband69

500+ Posts
9/4/08 Here are the handrails being installed in the middle of the aisles......and they are W I D E aisles
Those of you who got seats on the top row have an added treat......seat backs built in. Those were needed to separate your seats from the walking aisle behind you.

rod

i dont see the stairs down the back side i hope they are going to have that so if you are on the top row like i am you can sneak out the back side and beat the rush.

CardiacKids 92

100+ Posts
rod said:
i dont see the stairs down the back side i hope they are going to have that so if you are on the top row like i am you can sneak out the back side and beat the rush.

I don't think you will be walking up any stairs on the backside of the stadium. I asked when I was buying my season tickets and the answer was NO STAIRS. That is why I decided against the top row. It may help to start running stairs, that's a long way to the top. Imagine the view though!!! Good Luck

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Here is my report of Tour #2.
Elevator installation has begun.
They are to pour concrete paving on home stands on field house side Saturday.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Tour #2 cont.
This is from inside of the visitors concession stand.
Here are the aisle steps. They are very easy and comfortable to climb. Not awkward like at some stadiums.
The aisle handrails are just right.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Tour #2 cont.
First one here is from the lower level of the press box. The center segment of this will have teared bleachers and will be outdoors. This will be outside of the press box glass. Sounds really neat. On either side will be glassed in areas for coaches, scouts, etc.

Now for the top level of the press box. WOW, this sure looks long.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Incredible!!!! :eek: :rocks: Sportswriters may never want to leave that amazing press box. It's gigantic with an amazing view.

Scoreboard looks small from up that high.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It can't get much better than this stadium.

$20+ million complexes like Galena Park, Berry Stadium, and the upcoming Bmt ISD complexes are concrete structures. But Indian Stadium has all the elements to make it as good as anything out there. Add our fans and unique game experience, and The Reservation is AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

Turf - used in 20+ NFL stadiums. Best available.

Scoreboard/Video Display - best in the state

Press box - as good as anything in the state

Concessions/Restrooms - excellent

Seating - One of the largest home sides in that state. (Only Ratliff in Odessa, Stallworth in Baytown, and a couple of others in metro areas are larger)

Only thing missing is PARKING. Any idea who owns the lot across Merriman? It would be nice if that was paved for additional parking. Also, if the buses could be kept elsewhere and paved for parking.

NDNband69

500+ Posts
Word must be spreading quickly about how nice a facility we have at The Reservation. I was taking pics this morning and just as I was about to drive off........a van and two chartered buses pull up to the stadium. Out comes a college football team to practice at our stadium. Delta State University from Cleveland, Mississippi who has a game today at McNeese State. In their division, they are ranked #9. It also shows some good sportsmanship on our part to help out.

Go Indians!

NDNband69

500+ Posts
IndianFan said:
Incredible!!!! :eek: :rocks: Sportswriters may never want to leave that amazing press box. It's gigantic with an amazing view.

Scoreboard looks small from up that high.

IndianFan, you are right about the amazing view. Pictures are nice but they do not do it justice. You have to see it. The first pic is zooming into that amazing view from our stands.

On your comment about the scoreboard looking small.....you have to remember it took 6 pics to produce that pano. That 27' HD video screen will be amazing from our stands.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores