Just a Question

ndn1998

Is there a reason why we dont take a knee when there is a injured player down? I was just curious because last night on three occassions that I saw we didnt even acknowledge the injury. I did notice on those same occassionsthe LC-M players and also cheerleaders kneeling. Just was wondering why we couldnt show the same respect. Just a question, not looking to stir a huge controversy.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
This is an article that was posted on "that other site"....sorry, I don't know the source. Maybe this will shed some light on the subject.

Should knee be taken for hurt football players?

The recent collection of letters to the editor and frequent chants from the stands on Friday night seems to make it clear fans are focused on the latest high school football trend: taking a knee when a player is injured.

The genesis of the practice is unclear. It could have come from soccer or football at pee-wee levels, where kids are asked to drop to one knee not so much out of respect but to keep them under control while the coach tends to the injury.

But somewhere along the line, as the players grew out of youth leagues and into high school, the on-field genuflect has come along for the ride.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Here we go again.

OK, I asked BF that question when he first got here and he said "That's kid's soccer" He stated that college and pros don't take a knee, and that we're not being disrespectful. The best thing we can for the player is to get out of the way and let the trainers work on him. We also don't take a knee when our own player is down. Would we disrespect our own player??? He also said that if he gets an opportunity to coach the kids, he's going to utilize it.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Every player, coach, fan in the stadium feels concern and respect for an injured player. Not kneeling takes nothing away from that, nor does it help the injured player. Much ado about nothing. And just another excuse for PNG haters to take a shot.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
People who get beat 35-7 complain about the other team not taking a knee during an injury timeout. Coach Faircloth is right. The best thing the Indians can do in that situation is get out of the way, huddle with PN-G coaches, and let the opposing team's trainers and coaches tend to the injured player. It is not a matter of disrespect...and the rules don't require anyone to take a knee.

HighChief2008

You know I just don't get it. What will it take for the PN-G fans to quit complaining about the stupidest things. It's stuff like that that will push people (such as our coaching staff) away from here. I mean come on. We could win State and I'm sure someone would have something to complain about.

PN-G INDIANS; Go out and do what y'all do best, and that's play hard sound football and bring home the W. Don't worry about the haters whether they be from opposing teams or your own "fans". Take it all with a grain of salt.

- THAT IS ALL-

pngmom4

500+ Posts
HighChief2008 said:
You know I just don't get it. What will it take for the PN-G fans to quit complaining about the stupidest things. It's stuff like that that will push people (such as our coaching staff) away from here. I mean come on. We could win State and I'm sure someone would have something to complain about.

PN-G INDIANS; Go out and do what y'all do best, and that's play hard sound football and bring home the W. Don't worry about the haters whether they be from opposing teams or your own "fans". Take it all with a grain of salt.

- THAT IS ALL-

Great post!!!!!

ndn1998

Im not complaining, was just asking a question. I am completely happy with the hard work these coaches and young men have put in week in and week out. This is one wonderful program that I am a proud supporter. Like I said just a question so wasnt looking to be beat up for it.

wacape

100+ Posts
Cruel,uncaring and unsportsmanlike as it may sound, an injury time out is a "free time out". Lot of coaching and instruction can be done during that time. Faircloth is just taking advantage of the time. If our kids were whooping it up and jumping up down during that time...THEN I would have a problem with it.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
ndn1998 said:
Im not complaining, was just asking a question. I am completely happy with the hard work these coaches and young men have put in week in and week out. This is one wonderful program that I am a proud supporter. Like I said just a question so wasnt looking to be beat up for it.

All questions and opinions are welcome on this message board. Keep posting, participating, and sharing your thoughts, opinions, and questions. The more Indians we have here on the virtual Reservation, the better. Keep on keeping on. It is a valid question and I think most Indian fans have the same response...the Indians will take care of the Indians...our kids can huddle up with our coaches and the trainers can tend to the injured player. No disrespect is intended and no one wants to see a high school kid to get hurt...not on our team and not on the team of any opponent we play. If others do not like it, too bad. We are not violating any rules and none of our coaches or players are trainers or doctors to help an injured player. There are trainers and medical professionals at every game. Those people will help the injured player.

Go Indians. Peace.

HighChief2008

Ndn1998 I apologize I wasn't referring to you directly, there are a lot of fans that were actually complaint about the whole thing...even a huge Facebook argument about it.

bandkid

Staff member
IndianFan said:
And just another excuse for PNG haters to take a shot.

That's pretty much it. Everybody has to take shots at the big guy. Jealousy and insecurity are terrible things.... ;D

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
HighChief2008 said:

- THAT IS ALL-

GREAT POST !

bark

1,000+ Posts
So we are different than all the other teams that we play, we really owe nobody an explanation as to why we do things the way we do.

I like being different and controversial.

I have heard many that disagree and that's ok to have your opinion. All Head Coaches take heat for what they do and know that is part of the job.

My big question is, in light of Ozen winning, how do we have to playout to go to the playoffs or are we in?

That's my concern and focus.

PNGALWAYS

Winning out is the only way to ensure getting onto the playoffs. We would have a mathematical chance of getting in with three losses, but it might come down to a coin flip in that case.

bark

1,000+ Posts
PNGALWAYS said:
Winning out is the only way to ensure getting onto the playoffs. We would have a mathematical chance of getting in with three losses, but it might come down to a coin flip in that case.
**********************************************************************************
Thanks! I know Vidor will be tuff and motivated BUT so are we.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Its best that we win out. I think we have to beat Vidor and have a Ozen loss to secure a spot. Best situation based upon current standings is for us to win out. Ozen lose to Nederland and then next week have Vidor beat Livingston. If that happens we go DII #1 Seed. That would put either Livingston or Ozen in at #2 seed DII. #1 seed for us would more than likely have us playing Dayton first round. If we are #2 seed we will play Barbers Hill in the first round. There are numerous variables with this log jam for 3rd and 4th in our District. It could come down to points or a flip. Things should totally clear up this Friday night.

Thing I want to see happen is that we just win out PERIOD ! Control our own destiny !

PNGALWAYS

You are right pngfan66. I forgot about the fact that Ozen would also have to lose for us to secure a spot because I was assuming (counting on) a Nederland win over Ozen. Although I think it is highly likely that Nederland will beat Ozen, you never can tell what will happen in this District. I guess the only thing that is certain at this point is that if we don't win out our chances will be drastically reduced.

Torino

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Its best that we win out. I think we have to beat Vidor and have a Ozen loss to secure a spot. Best situation based upon current standings is for us to win out. Ozen lose to Nederland and then next week have Vidor beat Livingston. If that happens we go DII #1 Seed. That would put either Livingston or Ozen in at #2 seed DII. #1 seed for us would more than likely have us playing Dayton first round. If we are #2 seed we will play Barbers Hill in the first round. There are numerous variables with this log jam for 3rd and 4th in our District. It could come down to points or a flip. Things should totally clear up this Friday night.

Thing I want to see happen is that we just win out PERIOD ! Control our own destiny !

Dayton football peaked in 2008 and 2009. Can we beat them? Who knows? But they aren't the power house they were when hammering us in 2006 and 2007 or reaching the state finals in 2008.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores