Katy Tigers - State Championship #9

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Final: Katy 51, Cedar Hill 14

The Katy Tigers are just an old fashioned, punch you in the mouth team. Their offensive scheme is similar to the 1973-2008 PN-G Indians. Power I. What makes the Katy Tigers go on offense? Offensive line and tough running backs.

What else do the Katy Tigers do well? Play defense. They shut down one of the best offenses in the state today.

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
Katy's HC, Gary Joseph, is head and shoulders above 99.9% of HS coaches. His attention to detail on defense is top notch. Katy must do live tackling every day of the year. Those kids will hit you and wrap up. They don't arm tackle. They hammer ball carriers with violence and wrap up. They take ball carriers to the ground. Katy always seems to find massive OL kids. They go 6'3" or taller and 300 lbs. across the line. They are like a college OL. They just line up and steam roll the opposition. Similar to Aledo, one must wonder? Recruiting? Did you see the number of kids that Katy runs out of the tunnel. They must suit up 120 kids.

Another thing...you do not hear of assistant coaches leaving Katy. If you get there, you stay there.

A colleague of mine who lives in Katy, but his kids go to Cinco Ranch told me that Katy has wildly popular powerlifting and wrestling teams. That too helps the kids in the trenches. Katy goes five and six kids deep on the powerlifting and wrestling teams. Does PN-G still offer powerlifting? Does PN-G offer wrestling? At Katy, a large number of football kids power lift and wrestle. Ingredients for success.

Go Indians. Peace.

HJJ97NDN

100+ Posts
Im not arguing that Katy wasnt good this year, but they need to fix the way they do the alignment in the playoffs in 6A. Katy should not have been in Dll this year or any year for that matter.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
To me it doesn’t make sense. They want to keep it where several districts in 6A are within 25 miles of each other (all Katy schools all cypress etc) but yet some 5A schools have to travel over 200 miles for almost all of hot all their district games.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores