Looking for Video from State Championship and State Finals Teams 1975,77,99

NDN Forever

Past Indians coaches will be honored at our opening district game against Livingston on 9/24. The staff that runs the stadium video screen would like video of some of our championship teams to display on the scoreboard that night. If you have video or know someone who has video of these teams please reply back to this message board or call Mitch at 548-3201. The school needs it as quick as possible so they can prepare for the evening. Thanks!

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The owner of www.pngindians.com and this message board has been trying for years to find video of the PN-G teams from 1974, 1975, 1976, and 1977. So far, I do not believe that he's had much luck. I believe he was told by school officials that the athletic department no longer maintained those films. I believe that IndianFan (owner) has even reached out to former coaches from that era, but he did not have any luck. I would think that perhaps Coach Ethridge, Coach Troy, Coach Cobb or one of the other longtime PN-G coaches might have an idea of where to find some old footage? Maybe they know where the tapes were last held or who was the source of the films? Perhaps Channels 4, 6, or 12 (NBC, CBS, or ABC affiliates) might have some old footage? I want to say that in 1977 one of the local channels had a tape-delayed version of one or more PN-G games? Who knows, maybe they have some news clips or stories from the 1975, 1977, or 1999 playoff runs? Or, maybe PN-G can reach out to Odessa Permian or Plano to see if those schools kept any films or tape of those games in 1975 or 1977. It would be nice to see a few clips from those eras.

I think there is an old clip on YouTube regarding the 1999 team.

Go Indians. Peace.

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I would think video yearbook staff would have footage from 99. I also seem to remember that one of the news crews made a highlight film of the 99 run. Not sure though. The idea of reaching out to Odessa, especially with Faircloth as HC. Surely he has some contacts.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
Also the friday night experience recorded all of the playoff games in 1999

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
A lot of the old games tapes that the athletic department had were either ruined or someone took and never returned them.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I was on the team (75 & 76)and still go to the reunions, 2nd week in Oct. As far as we can determine a couple of things may have happened, they used to cut film into Off. and Def. for review and may have been lost. I was told several years ago by Pachuca that Malone threw all the old memorabilia in the dumpster and Cobb and Wynn pulled it out and put the stuff aside. Not to be found again. Which is why many folks despise Malone, as evident by his resignation after successful seasons. Some of his players really loved the guy. I know of a former Admin., Principal, 3 coaches and several teachers who viewed him as a jerk and the school he came from, come to find out, he did the same things with regard to $. At PNG it was the coke machine deal that sunk him and a fake Christian attitude. I'll call Richey, Blake Green and some of the others to see if anything came of it.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I just talked to Ethridge and 2 or 3 people checked it out over the years and nobody remembers who had it last. Hell to get old.

Has anyone heard from squaw??

PNG NDN Fan

1,000+ Posts
Staff member
The '75 championship game was also aired tape-delay on TV, but I am sure that route has been explored.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Was that game televised on Channel 4? All their archived tapes burned up a few years back. (Including the 'Cowboy John' episode that I was on as a kid.)

bark

1,000+ Posts
I think it was on Channel 12. I should see Richey tonight and I'll ask about the 77 game. Unfortunately, no one ever asks about the 76 semifinal game, I don't know what happened to it.

NDN Forever

Thanks soooo much for the great response! I was able to get my hands on the 1977 Regional Final game against LaPorte. Talk about goose bumps watching that video! The crowd at the dome was incredible! I've got a nibble on some 1975 footage but I want believe it until I see it. I hope the school can pull this off. Don't you know the coaches down on the field would be emotional to see some of those game clips flashing on the video screen!!!

purplewarrior

Chief Touch The Clouds
Thanks to those that responded. These are the memories that have shaped many fine men.This era of Indians is a testimony to what overcoming adversity means. Notice the size of many of the opponents On these clips!

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores