Looks like the Honeymoon is Over

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Hard to say why he applied for another coaching spot. Only he knows right now. I would hate to have him leave after all he has done.
Someone mentioned flags around the stadium. Can you explain the idea, and was it shot down by the Board ? If they want sponsors for flags and the cost is reasonable, count me in ! ?
My concern also is if BF does decide to leave, has the under table discussions amongst coaches created a black eye on PNG because of the Good Ol boy situation or because of the board and the way they treat coaches. If this is the case then we will most defininately have a big issue on our hands. Also, like I mentioned above, maybe its time to stand up and start asking straight up questions of the current Board. Maybe they need to be put on the spot in a public venue were their response is public record. Maybe, just maybe if folks help out BF with the board and take the heat off of him, he might be inclined to stick around. If there is an agenda by certain board members then they need to go because they are not reflecting my feelings only theirs. They are elected to represent the voters and not push their own agenda's.

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Hard to say why he applied for another coaching spot. Only he knows right now. I would hate to have him leave after all he has done.
Someone mentioned flags around the stadium. Can you explain the idea, and was it shot down by the Board ? If they want sponsors for flags and the cost is reasonable, count me in ! ?
My concern also is if BF does decide to leave, has the under table discussions amongst coaches created a black eye on PNG because of the Good Ol boy situation or because of the board and the way they treat coaches. If this is the case then we will most defininately have a big issue on our hands. Also, like I mentioned above, maybe its time to stand up and start asking straight up questions of the current Board. Maybe they need to be put on the spot in a public venue were their response is public record. Maybe, just maybe if folks help out BF with the board and take the heat off of him, he might be inclined to stick around. If there is an agenda by certain board members then they need to go because they are not reflecting my feelings only theirs. They are elected to represent the voters and not push their own agenda's.
????????????????????????????????????
The flags were paid advertising with company logo on them. I know first hand about Southlakd and it works

lu cards

100+ Posts
ive been on the booster club board since last year and weve never turned down 1 item.if a coach were to ask for flags im sure we would ok the request.if someone wants to know why faircloth put in for another job just ask him.as the booster club president i stay out of all of it.our job is to give the coaches and athletes everything they need to be successful.

png94

100+ Posts
I'm gona tell you what I was told from a board member today. Coach Cox,Wingfield, and now I'm hearing Parker will go with Wingfield possibly. Coach BF has asked for a special board meeting to have a coach he wants on his staff come early so he can be involved in the spring practices. This meeting can take place with the President of the board requesting the meeting, or 3 board members wanting it to take place. Word is that the President said NO. I know 2 of the board members that want this to take place and they are very Loyal to BF. So what's the problem with the rest of them? I believe it is time for some new blood in there this weekend! Time to stop the political BS and have people in that position that back the coaches that are making our program successful no matter where they are from! :angry:

Longbow

Any one of them that does'nt support that meeting should be sent packing. Please post the ones that do not support it.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Ok. I have spoken to the people in the know regarding why BF applied at K-Tivy and why the board has not met with BF regarding replacement of coaches.

BF, per discussion with un-named peoples, not BF himself, told me he applied for the opening because it is close to his and his wifes families. Apparently there are only a very few schools he would coach at. And those would be those schools close to his and his wifes family. K-Tivy was close. So as of now he is apparently not actively looking to move on.

2nd. Board has been unable to gather and have a 4 person meeting because of conflicting schedules with either work, or medical issues. I was told that they are currently even trying to schedule a possible meeting this weekend to meet and approve coach BF's request to start replacing coaches.

3rd. I was informed that the board has worked with BF and have given him pretty much everything he has requested since being hired. There could be some Good Ol boy stuff happening behind the scene or loose mouths running at times away from the board meetings. But I would say all in all want BF to stay for as long as he chooses. They have several openings for teachers that could be filled with coaches that teach in that particular subject.

So to say, he is staying, board is trying to meet, possibly on Mothers day evening if possible, and he does have a majority of the support of the board.

Torino

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
OK. I have spoken to the people in the know regarding why BF applied at K-Tivy and why the board has not met with BF regarding replacement of coaches.

BF, per discussion with un-named peoples, not BF himself, told me he applied for the opening because it is close to his and his wifes families. Apparently there are only a very few schools he would coach at. And those would be those schools close to his and his wifes family. K-Tivy was close. So as of now he is apparently not actively looking to move on.

2nd. Board has been unable to gather and have a 4 person meeting because of conflicting schedules with either work, or medical issues. I was told that they are currently even trying to schedule a possible meeting this weekend to meet and approve coach BF's request to start replacing coaches.

3rd. I was informed that the board has worked with BF and have given him pretty much everything he has requested since being hired. There could be some Good Ol boy stuff happening behind the scene or loose mouths running at times away from the board meetings. But I would say all in all want BF to stay for as long as he chooses. They have several openings for teachers that could be filled with coaches that teach in that particular subject.

So to say, he is staying, board is trying to meet, possibly on Mothers day evening if possible, and he does have a majority of the support of the board.
Just curious. Who told you #3? Did anyone mention Lana Parker's comments after the bi-district game vs. Dayton that the board needed to fire BF because the board (before her) had fired (sorta) Matt Burnett after a bad year? Not sure 7-4 equals 3-6 and and non-competitive in all but 2 district games, but...

pngfan66

500+ Posts
NOT discussed. Now remember I did not say all ! That person has to answer for themselves. My suggestion is to send her a email or ask her at a board meeting about her comments. I decided to pursue some answers and I did. Rumors ruin great people, IE: BF. So if a board member says something then they need to be called on the carpet for it.

Torino

500+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
NOT discussed. Now remember I did not say all ! That person has to answer for themselves. My suggestion is to send her a email or ask her at a board meeting about her comments. I decided to pursue some answers and I did. Rumors ruin great people, IE: BF. So if a board member says something then they need to be called on the carpet for it.
OK. Let her answer.

attakapandn

100+ Posts
png94 said:
I'm gona tell you what I was told from a board member today. Coach Cox,Wingfield, and now I'm hearing Parker will go with Wingfield possibly. Coach BF has asked for a special board meeting to have a coach he wants on his staff come early so he can be involved in the spring practices. This meeting can take place with the President of the board requesting the meeting, or 3 board members wanting it to take place. Word is that the President said NO. I know 2 of the board members that want this to take place and they are very Loyal to BF. So what's the problem with the rest of them? I believe it is time for some new blood in there this weekend! Time to stop the political BS and have people in that position that back the coaches that are making our program successful no matter where they are from! :angry:

I beg you differ, the number ONE respondability of the school board is to taitors to the teachers and the education part of the school, not just football. I like BF, have talked to him , and I have talked to the board members and respect them all but one. The school board should be a balance of pro for education and pro for sports not all one way! I have seen all of the board members at sporting events , not just football. i have not seen one certain board member at any other sporting event other than football..

Kudo to pngindians66 for finding out what needed to be found out instead of posting on here that he/she said.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
pngfan66 said:
Ok. I have spoken to the people in the know regarding why BF applied at K-Tivy and why the board has not met with BF regarding replacement of coaches.

not talking to the right people. bf is not going to say " yes there is a problem with the board." dig a little deeper and seek out a different opinion and i think you may get another response. i truly believe something is wrong here. i cannot fathom losing bf or his asst.`s. i think it was JUSTAFAN that said "the good ole boy system is still alive @ PNG." i think that may be true.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Torino said:
pngfan66 said:
OK. I have spoken to the people in the know regarding why BF applied at K-Tivy and why the board has not met with BF regarding replacement of coaches.

Just curious. Who told you #3? Did anyone mention Lana Parker's comments after the bi-district game vs. Dayton that the board needed to fire BF because the board (before her) had fired (sorta) Matt Burnett after a bad year? Not sure 7-4 equals 3-6 and and non-competitive in all but 2 district games, but...

This doesn't suprise me of her.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Like I said, Coach BF applied for the Tivy job only because it is close to their families. Otherwise he is staying. I'm sure that anyone can speculate as to why, but my very reliable source said only applied because of closeness to family. As far as the Parker issue, she has worked at events with booster club to help out. From my source she is also a supporter of BF.
Honestly, anyone can take and put a twist on anything that anyone has to say. Someone can take a statement as sarcasm, a joke, a serious statement etc.... So ones perception of another persons comments can really create some issues. Its a fishing tale. fish was only 4" long and by the time it reaches the 6Th person the fish is 20" long. How many times have any of you said something and it was miss-perceived ?
If you do not like one of the board members then run for the position yourself or vote them off during an election.
When you think about it, doesn't everyone operate in the good ol boy system ? IE: I don't like so and so, so I'm gonna tell my friends and they tell their friends and then all of you get together and bash that person you don't like and come up with ways to hurt, ruin, or vote off of something.
Don't take me wrong on here, I'm just trying to give the information from a very knowing individual to everyone on here. Some are going to understand and others won't, and that's your choice. If you want more answers then maybe you need to go ask the people we are talking about themselves.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I spoke with a board member yesterday about this very subject, and this person confirms that...
A) He only applied due to the location being near his parents (his kids don't get to see his/her parents very much)
B) The board is willing to meet, even on Mother's Day, to discuss the new asst. coach, but, as 66 stated, medical and work issues are getting in the way and they are having a difficult time finding an appropriate time to meet.
C) BF is excited about the new yr. and anxious to get started.

Look guys, the fact that our assistant coaches get better job offers is a great testimony to PNG. Don't you older folks remember how our coaching staff was gutted after our playoff run of the 70's? Schools don't hire coaches from loosing programs very often. I take it as a compliment.

pngmom4

500+ Posts
Parker was at the Booster Club membership drive on Sunday. She did say that her calendar was completely full this week, therefore she could not meet with the SB. She and Broussard have worked numerous times with the BC . I could be wrong, but I don't think they would support the BC if they did not support BF

As far as Wingfiled, he is now the head coach/AD. And the school has a program designed espscially for kids like his. It will like taking your kids to work with you. They are much closer to family, one being 20 minutes away. Now, who would not leave for that kind of job.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Good luck to BF in whatever he decides to do. I think he will be around for a while longer unless something better opens up in the central Texas area. I don't blame the guy for wanting to be closer to family. Hope everyone has a better day today!

bark

1,000+ Posts
pngmom4 said:
Parker was at the Booster Club membership drive on Sunday. She did say that her calendar was completely full this week, therefore she could not meet with the SB. She and Broussard have worked numerous times with the BC . I could be wrong, but I don't think they would support the BC if they did not support BF

As far as Wingfiled, he is now the head coach/AD. And the school has a program designed especially for kids like his. It will like taking your kids to work with you. They are much closer to family, one being 20 minutes away. Now, who would not leave for that kind of job.
??????????????????????????????????????????????/
Having been on 2 City Boards I find it hard to believe they can't find a time - in a 2 week period - for 4 of the SB to drive down there, call the meeting, propose the vote, vote and adjourn - not that hard to do, many are retired I think - makes you think Attakapan could be right on her May 2010 post

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
I saw Coach Faircloth at the Riverfest. He spent quite a bit of time talking to kids at the festival. They LOVE him. He is a definite asset to far more than just the football program. I did not bother him as many community members probably bend his ear every time they see him. In hind site, I wish I had approached him and expressed that myself and the community supports him and that we appreciate everything he has done for our students, athletes, football program, school district, and communities.

I want to encourage anyone that sees him in public to take that chance I passed on to tell him this. If he gets overwhelming expressions of support every time he's in public, it would probably go a long way to overturn any ill feelings from the board.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Port Neches-Groves ISD
Special
Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:30 PM
West Groves Ed. Center, 5840 W. Jefferson, Groves, TX
1. Call to Order and Establishment of Quorum
2. Consider Approval of Employment of Van Buren Elementary Principal
3. Consider Approval of Personnel Recommendations
4. Discuss Proposed Renovations and Portable Classroom Building Needs
5. Adjournment

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores