MID COUNTY MADNESS!!!!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
This game should be everything that we like in a football game. Bull-puppies have made a remarkable comeback after an 0-3 start. Now it's 3-0 against 3-0.

What are your thoughts?

I see the Indians continuing their high scoring offense and stingy defense. Indians break that win streak in grand fashion!

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I was thinking the same thing! Another board has FOUR threads with the same name "Let the Madness Begin", and no chatter on here?

Strange.

indianforever

100+ Posts
I think the community needs to get together and do something special this week and show our appreciation and get these boys even more pumped up then what they are...this is not just some regular game this could in fact decide the district championship.. Any ideas?

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Maybe line Merriman from Magnolia to the school with purple and white ribbons and good luck posters! Or, quick good luck video messages from Indian fans local and beyond...maybe post them to the PNG Tribune page!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PNG Proud said:
I was thinking the same thing! Another board has FOUR threads with the same name "Let the Madness Begin", and no chatter on here?

Strange.

That's probably because too many Indian football fans choose to spend their online time there instead of here.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
If either team does this, they're probably going to win... ;) ;D

PN-G:
When on Offense:
-Win the line of scrimmage battle. :flaming:
-Avoid turnovers and penalties.
-Receivers, catch the ball at every opportunity.

When on Defense:
-Play sound, fundamental defense, Nederland will attempt some trickery when least expected.
-Stop the run and force them to win with the passing game.
-Don't give up big pass plays.
-Force turnovers.

Nederland:
When on Defense:
-Take advantage of the Indian's weakest link, their offensive line, to stop the run and pressure Morse into making mistakes.
-Double team Sparks and force the other receivers to step up.

When on Offense:
-Control the ball and clock.
-Execute some big pass plays.

Too bad this game is at Nederland's place. The Reservation is a much more fitting venue to host the first 'Bum Phillips Bowl'.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
This is the first year in the last 4 that PN-G enters this game with the better team. Nederland has been the better for the last 4 years. That doesn't mean we win. But we should win. Nederland showed anything is possible last week in a huge comeback win at Central. I predict PN-G wins a tough battle. Go Indians

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
This is going to be a fantastic match-up. Ned has gotten better on offense throughout the year. If we limit Ned's big plays and get timely stops, our offense will put enough on the board to come out with a win.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Hopefully these 3 weak games in a row doesn't hurt us. Nederland has played 3 very good teams the past 3 week which only prepares them for us.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Agree. PN-G has been shutting it down in the second half. Otherwise we would have seen scores approaching 100. This game will probably require 4 quarters at 100%. Don't let off the gas until it's over.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
The Indians will be more than ready this yr. No underestimating. No taking anyone lightly. We should be considered the underdog, by virtue of Ned's win streak. They still have that momentum.
We need to strike early and often and not let up till the fat lady sings.

Pngrick72

indianforever said:
I think the community needs to get together and do something special this week and show our appreciation and get these boys even more pumped up then what they are...this is not just some regular game this could in fact decide the district championship.. Any ideas?
I plan on wearing a different PNG shirt everyday this week, to show my support to the team and the community. Our Boys have worked very hard for their fans and everyone needs to show them our support in some way!!! This MCM reminds of the 1999 MCM game, with Nederland being undefeated going into the last game of the district. Remember what happened at that game??? Deja Vu

Tapco

This game will come down to coaching. PNG has only played one decent opponent this year and the result was not a good one. BF does not do very well in these types of games. PNG has far superior talent but the coaching advantage belongs to Nederland.

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
Coach Faircloth has the tools(a lot of tools) to do what he does best. True, we haven't played the schedule that Ned has, but we can use that to our advantage. Haven't had to dig deep in the playbooks for the teams we've played, so I expect to be wowed. This is OUR YEAR. :helmet:

90NDN

500+ Posts
Tapco said:
This game will come down to coaching. PNG has only played one decent opponent this year and the result was not a good one. BF does not do very well in these types of games. PNG has far superior talent but the coaching advantage belongs to Nederland.

Well we both played Clear Lake and we know how that turned out for both teams. Just Saying.

Bigdog

The Dog
90NDN said:
Tapco said:

Well we both played Clear Lake and we know how that turned out for both teams. Just Saying.

If you want to hang your hat on that game , go ahead. :) This will be a barn burner game as usual. As far as png having "far superior " talent, ok. ::)

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores