MID COUNTY MADNESS!!!!

sarge5555

No matter how you look at it...if you are at this game, there is no doubt that you will be on the edge of your seat or standing up the entire night. Both teams have a lot of talent and can score at any given time. I am predicting that our Rock Solid "Purple Iron Curtain" Defense forces the Bulldogs into a passing game. Our defense is capable of picking off passes - so if we get the chance to, we must hold onto the ball. The Halfinator scampers for 150+ yards...yes Coach, leave Halfin in and let him pound away. Morse tosses the pigskin for 250+ yards and 3 or more TD's. Yes, we all know that they will try and double cover Speedy Sparks, but he will still get over 100+ yards and several TD's. But wait, we have McZeal and the other receivers as well. Everyone is a key factor in this game. Let's plan our work, and work our plan!!!!! Our Offensive Line so far has done an outstanding job in blocking...just remember, no matter if you are blocking, running the ball or whatever - give 125% on each play until the whistle blows. PNG Indians....your band, your radio station, your coaches, your teammates and your fans support you in everything you do. Win or lose...give 125% percent. The end results will prevail as your PNG Indians proudly carry that Bum Phillips Trophy back over into The Reservation with open arms. Motivation, determination, sacrifices and hard work has paid off thus far - keep up the good work and don't listen to any negativity. Whether you are from PNG or Nederland or other schools, we all know that this needs to stay within great sportsmanship across the board. We know where the game is and what time the game starts.......seats at the Bulldog Stadium.....getcha one before it's too late. Don't miss it ya'll, this will be the game that will be talked about all week. Ask yourself, are you ready.......if not, get there. If you are then I guess there's only one more thing to say..........Let's Get It On..................... Go Indians.......

90NDN

500+ Posts
Bigdog said:
90NDN said:
Tapco said:
This game will come down to coaching. PNG has only played one decent opponent this year and the result was not a good one. BF does not do very well in these types of games. PNG has far superior talent but the coaching advantage belongs to Nederland.

Well we both played Clear Lake and we know how that turned out for both teams. Just Saying.

If you want to hang your hat on that game , go ahead. :) This will be a barn burner game as usual. As far as png having "far superior " talent, ok. ::)

My response was to the troll with 1 post about the coaching of BF. You can throw out the records as far as i'm concerned (normally) with this game.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
If anyone talks to any of the players, tell them the crap Nerderland is saying. "These guys are going to have to live with never beating Nederland" So sick of the Nederland arrogance!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Bigdog said:
90NDN said:
Tapco said:
This game will come down to coaching. PNG has only played one decent opponent this year and the result was not a good one. BF does not do very well in these types of games. PNG has far superior talent but the coaching advantage belongs to Nederland.

Well we both played Clear Lake and we know how that turned out for both teams. Just Saying.

If you want to hang your hat on that game , go ahead. :) This will be a barn burner game as usual. As far as png having "far superior " talent, ok. ::)

Guess you'll have to see it to believe it.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Key to win is shutting down Nederlands Quarterback. He can take off and run. PNG will need to have one person assigned to him. JMO. On our offensive side, the O line will have to block better than in any game they have played. I have a feeling Nederland will be sending 1 or 2 linebackers per play to pressure Morse. No INT or turnovers help. I would use McZeal's height to our advantage if possible. Also I would poke around up the middle to see how many LBackers they are sending and then fun off tackle and sweeps. We will probably see alot of new plays from BF that have not been used yet. When PNG goes up on points BF needs to keep the momentum moving and not throttle back. Look at what happened in the Central game with Nederland last week. I think Central thought they already had the win and backed off. Sure Nederland made adjustments, but I think part of it is that Central didn't play with the same intensity as the first half. Also I hope the younger starters can handle the intensity and noise of the game without being distracted.
PNG can win this game. They just have to play mistake free and penalty free game as best they can. Should be close til 3rd quarter and the NDN's pull away fast. I think NDN's put up 40+ and hold Nederland to less than 30. Feel our Defense will step up and make a huge statement to the District in this game. I love the intensity and hunger of this team. Reminds me of the 99 team.

Wish I could be at this game. Gave up my tickets to a players family so Grandparents could attend. I will be listening on the radio.

sarge5555

Yes, this upcoming game is going to be a good one and there is only two ways to enjoy it: 1) In person or 2) On your FM dial 92.5. Lets visit some of the Nederland comments as they bash the PNG Indians and try to take their focus away................NOPE, IT AIN'T GUNNA HAPPEN!!!! These players of PNG Indians are not going to stoop to their level of trash talking because there is just no sense in. Professionalism has gotten us this far this year, so gentlemen, keep up the good work and continue to play at the level when you started practice this year. Lets take that there "pigskin" and run it up and down the field, toss it in the air several times and catch the thang and run it across that white line called...the Goal Line. Turn and look at the Referrees as they show that they are Sure as they raise both hands in helping you start the celebration of that Touchdown. If our field goal kicker has to come in and boot it through the uprights, again, turn your focus on the Referrees and listen to them because they too will be singing the Cherokee song. The band will be playing it so much that eventually, Nederland will get tired of hearing it. Then, play it again. After the game, no matter the outcome, in which we hope that the PNG Indians are victorious, lets raise the helmets and our hands and applaud the players from both sides of the field and let them know that us parents support them so that they continue good sportsmanship on and off the field and hopefully later on in life when their kids start playing. I challenge each and everyone of you that read this message to continue good sportsmanship throughout the game and lets hope that we don't have the same referrees from the PNG vs WOS game. LOL. It's gunna be a hum-dinger game in Bulldog Country, so lets show up, cheer and support. Seems to me that the players get help in getting pumped up by walking under the bleachers at The Reservation, sure would be nice if they let us form lines for them prior to playing to keep the tradition going. But if not, that's okay. We all know it's going to be a game where one or two plays may make a difference, but if we cheer loud and long enough, we may see those plays several times from different sides of the ball. I say we go in there, take that pigskin and run it up the middle, to the outside, throw it around, catch and run with it. Lets play every down until the whistle blows. Nederland owns the Bum Phillips Trophy only for a a couple more days.......PNG Indians, if you want it, take it back the right way...EARN IT. Once you earn it, flllllllloooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnntttttttttt it!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member

NDN06

100+ Posts
indianforever said:
I wonder if we will win the grey uniforms for MCM?

I doubt it. Coach said he is a fan of the all white look. I have to agree with him... the all white looks SHARP!

pngfan93

1,000+ Posts
After stealing the Aggy fight song, and installing Yell Practice, Neddy is now proud to announce their alternate uniform. You know, because PNG has alternate units, and they love to copy us..... and TAMU.

charles carrier

MCM mentioned during Thursday night NFL game on CBS..

Showed Bum Phillips trophy and mentioned Port Arthur News...
Coverage on Houston TV has been almost every night.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores