MID COUNTY MADNESS!!!!

NDN06

100+ Posts
Maybe instead of thinking we have a bad coach, could it be that Neuman and his staff have had long time to work together and get a system going? hmm...

Going back and reviewing the record over the past 20 years, all but 4 of the games we lost were within a TD (1997, 2001, 2008, & 2012 we clearly got our rear ends handed to us). It's not like they have been blowing us out of the water year in and year out since Neuman started. Being within one score in all of those losses tell me that we played them toe to toe every game. Talking specifically about the years since Faircloth has been here, 2010-7 points, 2011-3 points, 2013-4 points. I don't know what more you want out of a bunch of 16 and 17 year old boys? You can say coaching this, coaching that, but all that really does is cheapen the effort put in by those young men who played their guts out for our entertainment.

What do you think it's like being a young man reading all this garbage on the internet? Telling kids they did anything but a great job and we appreciate their efforts is UNACCEPTABLE! Bottom line is this: it's a GAME!!!

bark

1,000+ Posts
:stop:

There is a reason Neuman is the most successful Head Coach in our District --- so far --- he has been a head coach for 22+ years and has Coordinator's with decades of experience.

GO INDIANS!!!!!
:pistols: :machinegun: :shout: :duel:

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
We were around 3 yards from sending this game into overtime. Coach Faircloth is an excellent coach. We put up 28 points in 2 Qtrs.

We're headed to the playoffs for the 5th time under him. I don't understand why, we as a community, can't support him and quit the negative pokes at him.

DannysBoy

I do not post on here often due to the fact people tend to get hurt feelings... However in this situation I would like to state this.. If you open up our football program you see all these accolades of what BF has done. Playoffs, offensive records, etc... Its put in there to show his strong points.. Nowhere do you see his mishaps. The 2 worst defenses in school history and longest losing streak to Nederland in school history.. His first year was a mixture of his new offense along with MB defense. that's why we where successful. Since then we have been horrible defensively, this year being better. He is a average coach offensively. Defensively its another story. We also have a revolving door of coaches. No-one he brought with him is left. One guy got a head coaching gig, the others left. That will never work. This is not the pros or college. Neumann has coaches that have been with him for years. That's helps. So what I'm saying is take away that first year and I imagine his win loss record is close to 500. If my mind is correct we went 8-5 7-4 2-8 7-4. That's 24 and 21. Playoff record being 2-3. The district takes 4 teams now. So you only have to beat out a few botton dwellers to get in. So if the community is happy with that...... Great... Numbers do not lie. These guys are well paid, facility's are the best in the area... But when is enough, enough? Now we need a indoor facility, whats next? I am in no way bashing the guy, however it seems everyone is eager to point out his strengths, I'm just stating what I think is weaknesses. If we want to compete with Nederland year in year out, for one, you need to keep your staff intact. We definitely have a issue with that. And the though that we are bringing in top tier coaches every year is insane. We are getting what we can get... Neumann runs a hard nose program from top to bottom. Middle school on up.. Just my thoughts... And for the naysayers... 1-5 doesn't lie. That would single handily get any other coach we have had ran out of here.

bark

1,000+ Posts
MOM2INDIANS said:
We were around 3 yards from sending this game into overtime. Coach Faircloth is an excellent coach. We put up 28 points in 2 Qtrs.

We're headed to the playoffs for the 5th time under him. I don't understand why, we as a community, can't support him and quit the negative pokes at him.
Part of the job --- ask Matt Burnett, Malone, Troy, Owen, Watson and even Ethridge in his last years.

Our won lost record is what it is.

How do you think Matt felt?

I have said MANY times I am all for BF because he is GREAT for the kids

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
DannysBoy said:
I do not post on here often due to the fact people tend to get hurt feelings... However in this situation I would like to state this.. If you open up our football program you see all these accolades of what BF has done. Playoffs, offensive records, etc... Its put in there to show his strong points.. Nowhere do you see his mishaps. The 2 worst defenses in school history and longest losing streak to Nederland in school history.. His first year was a mixture of his new offense along with MB defense. that's why we where successful. Since then we have been horrible defensively, this year being better. He is a average coach offensively. Defensively its another story. We also have a revolving door of coaches. No-one he brought with him is left. One guy got a head coaching gig, the others left. That will never work. This is not the pros or college. Neumann has coaches that have been with him for years. That's helps. So what I'm saying is take away that first year and I imagine his win loss record is close to 500. If my mind is correct we went 8-5 7-4 2-8 7-4. That's 24 and 21. Playoff record being 2-3. The district takes 4 teams now. So you only have to beat out a few botton dwellers to get in. So if the community is happy with that...... Great... Numbers do not lie. These guys are well paid, facility's are the best in the area... But when is enough, enough? Now we need a indoor facility, whats next? I am in no way bashing the guy, however it seems everyone is eager to point out his strengths, I'm just stating what I think is weaknesses. If we want to compete with Nederland year in year out, for one, you need to keep your staff intact. We definitely have a issue with that. And the though that we are bringing in top tier coaches every year is insane. We are getting what we can get... Neumann runs a hard nose program from top to bottom. Middle school on up.. Just my thoughts... And for the naysayers... 1-5 doesn't lie. That would single handily get any other coach we have had ran out of here.

So your main concern seems to be our losses to Nederland. I posted on the other board, and I will post it here. Should the whole district fire their Head Coaches? No one has beat him in district for the last several years. Seems like the only Coach that is good enough to beat Neumann is Neaumann. So lets fire our Coach because of his record against 1 team in the district. Bet we have a host of Coaches lining up for the job after that.

NDN06

100+ Posts
bark said:
MOM2INDIANS said:

Part of the job --- ask Matt Burnett, Malone, Troy, Owen, Watson and even Ethridge in his last years.

Our won lost record is what it is.

How do you think Matt felt?

I have said MANY times I am all for BF because he is GREAT for the kids

I realize it's part of the job, but my problem is this: what are we telling the players who get on here and read this board? If you don't beat Nederland, we want your coach fired! :huh: MCM is already big enough, who wants that kind of added pressure?? Sadly, that is the exact message that is being sent by people coming on here and complaining about being out coached, BF's record is 1-5, etc.

DannysBoy got it right on one point. We have struggled defensively the past few years under (I believe) a few different defensive coordinators. The one we got this year seems to be doing a better job. IMO the revolving door of assistant coaches has hurt us, and I hope we can finally settle down with some good ones. Looking back at MB's first 5 years I found it a little interesting, we went 1-9, 3-7, 10-2, 7-3, and 9-2. That's 30 and 23... or 56.6% winning record. BF's 24 and 21 noted above (for seasons '10-'13) is 53.3% winning record. That's pretty dang close!! I wonder if the town was ready to run him off during his 6th season

MOM2INDIANS

500+ Posts
And as far as the Indoor Facility, most of the money was donated. If its not effecting teachers salaries and the education of kids, what is wrong with adding it. Its for the kids, not just football. Why shouldn't we have it.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
DannysBoy said:

So were competing with Nederland? If we go 1-9 but beat Nederland our season is a success??? WOW!!! I do agree our Defense has been bad every year since 2009, but our program is in a better place than previous to 2009.

prepballfan

There's No Place Like The Reservation Friday Night
Staff member
DannysBoy said:

First of all 2 of BF former coaches are HC/AD's. What problem do you have with that? 1-5 against Nederland is not a disqualifier. I hate losing to Nederland as much as anyone else but Faircloth is a great coach. Wonder what other HC in this area records are against Neuman? I suppose you can fix us up run the sports programs at PN-G and coach up the football team to beat Nederland year in and year out. You make it sound so easy.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
:stop: Amazing so many people are BUTT hurt about the loss to Nederland. I can say the first half we were shut out. Why ? Probably because of nerves from the players. I know BF did what he could to calm them down. Alot of those boys had never been in a environment with 15000 people watching. Now, The MCM is behind us. The team has 3 more games to play. Stop living in the past. Move forward, get over it, grow up. If your a PNG football supporter then do exactly that, support the team, not bash them or the coach.
As far as assistant coaches, they all move on from all different schools around the state. They get noticed, recruited, and yes, apply for HC/AD jobs. For those that have moved on to higher levels of coaching is only a plus to BF and the program. To have PNG football on your resume is a attention grabber.
Now the boys have 3 games to go. Try putting up some support for them, quit the bashing of their coaches, who are mentors to alot of the players, and lets all help them win out district by cheering them on.

expatndn

There seem to be two main themes to this thread: Whether the coach should stay or not and whether the outcome of the Nederland game matters, or not.

Regarding the coach, to quote a line from the movie Hoosiers....Coach stays! Period.

Re the Nederland game, recently and historically, it matters. It always has.

It matters because it's the one common event every year since its inception that unites and energizes the communities of Nederland, Port Neches, and Groves like no other. It's in our communal DNA. No win year in and year out is sweeter, no lose as bitter.

It matters because currently the road to the district championship runs through the end of Boston Avenue instead of down Merriman Street. No Indian fan I've ever known feels that being a bridesmaid is preferable to leader of the pack. If you feel the same way, then you know why this game matters.

It matters because, as I've said before, Nederland is the best competition we face, year in and year out, within our district. It's not just about beating them that one game. It's about the quite reasonable expectation that if you can beat Nederland you can beat just about anybody else in our district. It's always best to be in control of your own fate.

I believe that Coach Faircloth feels and understands these things as deeply, if not more so, than most. I have faith that he will lead us to the next level, hopefully sooner than later. I support the coaches, the players, and the program. Period.

Last, look at the masthead on this website; 3-time state champions, 3-time state finalist, a multitude of district championships. Nederland just wishes. None of that came about, though, by being comfortable with anything other than being the best.

I've tried to say all this as respectful of all as possible. I realize others may disagree, and that's your perogative. I will stand by what I say, in any case.

sarge5555

Someone said before but I can't recall who did.....ENUF SAID!!!!!

We as fans sit up in the stands and we can see almost everything except we can't see the "Why didn't the coach do this or why didn't the coach do that?". For us as fans, it's easy because we don't get paid to watch the game but the coaches get paid to coach the players. They, just like the players, are trying their best. Since we can't coach the kids from the stands, (but we can surely help motivate them along with the band), why not join the coaches and stand behind them and support them just like we as adults know we should. Sure, a play here and there gets blown but everybody is not perfect. The player that thought that he let the town down.....in no way did he do so.....what I think is that we help motivate these players and coaches and give them the loud croud they are looking for every Friday night........we can do it. Lets all be the best we can be and put the Nederland game behind us. We did that to the WOS game afterwards and continued to march on. Time marches on just like the PNG Indians willl also.....right into the playoffs. One game, one play at a time.......listen to the heavy beat of the drum and dance like wolves because Friday night football is coming live and straight atcha from The Reservation.....if you ain't got a ticket, getcha one. I will be there loud and proud with my purple on (and i must say I look like Barney), but the players and coaches need our support and I'm not afraid to be first. Who else will join me.........?

bandkid

Staff member
Since we're apparently comparing Faircloth to Burnett again....

Seven games into his sixth season as head coach of the PN-G Indians (1999, our last state championship season), Coach Burnett was 37-25 overall. He had won 59.7% of his games. The Indians had only won one district championship, although they were on the road to their second under Burnett. They had placed second in district, at that time the lowest ranking that sent a team to the playoffs, only once, and the deepest the Indians had gone in the playoffs under Burnett at that time was two rounds. Burnett had coached two seasons to fruition with fewer than five wins.

Faircloth is currently 40-24 as head coach of the PN-G Indians. He has won 62.5% of his games. He has led the Indians to one district championship and their first 10-0 season record since 1977. The Indians have placed second in district twice under Faircloth, and the deepest Faircloth has taken them in the playoffs is three rounds. Faircloth has coached only one season to fruition with fewer than five wins.

Statistically, Faircloth still has a slight edge on Burnett. I know we have had problems with defense under Faircloth that we didn't have under Burnett, although I don't think we can say that about this season. I also know that we had problems with offense under Burnett that we haven't had with Faircloth. It's also worth noting that Faircloth is coaching a smaller program at a smaller school than Burnett was in those days, and I don't think Burnett had experienced the turnover in staff at this point in his head coaching career that Faircloth has. Yet statistically, Faircloth has still outperformed him.

I know the losses to Nederland sting. Trust me, I know the losses to Nederland sting. But that's part of having the best football program in Southeast Texas, coached by the best coach in Southeast Texas, as your rival. That said, if anything, we should be very proud of our coaching staff and our players right now. Despite being inexperienced at several of the skills positions, we have two close losses to the two best teams in the area, and some wins over some equally impressive teams from outside the area. Let's keep things in perspective.

bark

1,000+ Posts
:helmet:
Yes, we need to move on. Comparing Matt and BF can't be done. Matt was a defensive guy and BF is a quarterback/scoring guy. Both with about the same success at the same point.

However, Matt started out losing and BF started out with a super 1st season so expectations were higher for Fairclothe in subsequent years.

My opinion is Fairclothe is a GREAT leader and roll model for our athletes.

As far as I am concerned he can stay forever.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
I agree wholeheartedly, Bark. The people that oppose him, (not counting the ones with a personal agenda, like some that we all know and love [insert sarcasm here]), have never really sat down to listen to him. If those that are second guessing him would come to the QB meetings, they could ask questions and get them answered.
i.e. A lot was said about the fact that we didn't run in the 1st half. He explained that this week. Made 100% perfect football sense.

Here's the bottom line... Nederland beat us again. It didn't hurt our playoff chances and probably not our bracket.
Big Deal Real Indians will move on... not sit here and whine about the coach.

So, ya want a new coach? What decent coach would come to a school that had this kind of success, but ran the coach off over 1 game???? Answer: NONE!

Whodat

Not gonna down the coach, but there are ZERO good reasons not to run Halfin in the first half. In a big game, where emotions are high, you have GOT to run the ball to settle your nerves and your QB, sorry, there are no good reasons for 2 or 3 carries for the stud rb in that first half. But let's move on, we all make mistakes, and nothing to lose a job over, but can't think there were good reasons.

PNG Proud

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
If they put 7-8 in the box, and you try to run... you'd be a fool. That's what Ned did.

So, if we did try to run, over and over and over, without success, folks would be on hear whining about that too... and for good reason.

You take what they give you. Period.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores