MLC @PNG

Davidp43

100+ Posts
Just think
A team that has been picked as a state contender (Us, LC Huntsville)
Will probably have to travel to either Marshall or Texarkana for the first playoff game (I’d be surprised if that’s not 1-2 in that district by a long margin) I don’t believe Whitehouse will compete for second
That’s farther than Dallas.
A second place finish in this district most likely sets up a second round catchup with SOC

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
But much better than “broken pottery shard”
Old stadium (Marshall)
Some parts of the field basically were like playing tackle on asphalt. (Hardened clay with footprints from the last time it rained)

I got tackled there once and had missing skin for weeks

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Most likely third will have to travel to brand new stadium Marshall for first round.
Lawd
Yeah, it really TICKED me off realizing how BAD the UIL screwed us when I drove to Center Saturday to pick up our new puppy cause that’s a 2 1/2 hour drive and there’s ZERO decent sized stadiums within a reasonably equal distance between us and the teams we’ll be playing…UGH!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nearest option might be SFA’s stadium and it’s not very big.

SOC is just one of several excellent teams. They are not unbeatable. We’ll see who performs to the best of their ability.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
We need to win district and make
Either
Whitehouse
Hallsville
Or
Mt Pleasant to come to us

But could be any of these
NOT TXK or Marshall
No doubt in my mind they will be 1-2 in that district

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Nearest option might be SFA’s stadium and it’s not very big.

SOC is just one of several excellent teams. They are not unbeatable. We’ll see who performs to the best of their ability.
Sam Houston stadium would be a good option cause it’s the closest but from what I understand, they won’t host high school playoff games there anymore…UGH! Looks like the UIL screwed Buccees too cause there’s not any on that side of the “bracket” so they gonna miss out on all that post-game pep rally $$…lol!

100+ Posts
He says PNG is not as physical as last year on offense? Did I hear that correctly?
Yes, I heard that too, but if he qualified it with "on offense", then I missed that part. My guess is that he's referring to the last two seasons, when on 2nd and short, or 3rd, or goal line, where Shea and the O-Line would just push the ball where ever they wanted, even when the whole wide world knew what was coming. The only team that defended that play consistently was FBM, IMO.

Or perhaps he's comparing last season's D to this season's D, and the points allowed so far. Either way, neither team is the same as last season's teams. It's a new year, new teams, and a new ball game, regardless how often the LC coach speaks of last season's playoff game. But, for that matter, LC's defense ain't the same either, based on what I saw in their game with Magnolia.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I heard that too, but if he qualified it with "on offense", then I missed that part. My guess is that he's referring to the last two seasons, when on 2nd and short, or 3rd, or goal line, where Shea and the O-Line would just push the ball where ever they wanted, even when the whole wide world knew what was coming. The only team that defended that play consistently was FBM, IMO.

Or perhaps he's comparing last season's D to this season's D, and the points allowed so far. Either way, neither team is the same as last season's teams. It's a new year, new teams, and a new ball game, regardless how often the LC coach speaks of last season's playoff game. But, for that matter, LC's defense ain't the same either, based on what I saw in their game with Magnolia.
Maybe. He might be surprised that the beef up front is bigger and stronger than last year and they will push that defense just as easily. Only difference is there is no 6-5 Superman flying over the pile. But there will still be a back carrying the pigskin for a FD or TD.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores