MLC @PNG

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
One of the best HS QBs I’ve seen
Good RB
Last year had a very “professional” team including one of the best HS punters I’ve seen live
That area has a ton of millionaires lots it new money and people who choose to reside at the “lake house” for school

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
MLC is loaded. The OL Hunter McKinney is the son of former Seahawk and Texan OL Steve McKinney. He's a TAMU OL prospect. The RB and QB return from last year. Both are probably the best PN-G will see all season. The Indians will have to play at a high level to win. But, the Indians did just that last year in the playoffs. They can do it again. Give the keys to Ferrari to the PN-G OL and DL. Control the trenches. Ball control on offense. No TOs. Keep the MLC offense on the sidelines. I believe in our PN-G Indians! Go Indians!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
All weapons will need to be firing 100%. Tough runs, accurate pass and catches, stonewall blocking, relentless defensive pressure, coverage and tackling. To beat the best, be your best. Now is the time.

Completely agree. The Indians may be the underdog in this game. The LC QB (6-2 205 4.6) and RB (5-9 210 4.6) and overall passing game can eat you alive. Key to the game is quick defensive pressure in that backfield and tight coverage. Also disciplined coverage, Against St. Thomas the halfback pass went for a long TD. When on offense, long controlled drives for touchdowns will be needed to keep the scoreboard ahead and the LC offense off of the field. RB pads down and legs driving when hitting that line. You can't rely on 70 yard runs being there. Continuous, positive yardage for first downs and scores is key. And catching every pass.

1726659951226.png

4-0-Niner

I'm hoping that our boys come out and strike the first blow. Whether it is points on the board, 3 and out, or forcing a turnover. LC will come into this with a huge chip on their shoulder. We can't afford to wait until the 3rd series to find our intensity. We need strong hearts, calm minds and violent actions. I was able to find an interview with their coach on YouTube (linked below) he talks about our matchup starting at about 5:34 mark. Definitely seems like it will be a shoot out. As best I can tell, doesn't seem like their DL is very big. If we can control the line of scrimmage and RBs shoot the gaps hard, we should be able to pound the rock. I think time of possession will also be a huge factor for us. Best way to beat a good offense is to keep the ball out of their hands.

Lake Creek Press Conference 09.17.24

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hoping that our boys come out and strike the first blow. Whether it is points on the board, 3 and out, or forcing a turnover. LC will come into this with a huge chip on their shoulder. We can't afford to wait until the 3rd series to find our intensity. We need strong hearts, calm minds and violent actions. I was able to find an interview with their coach on YouTube (linked below) he talks about our matchup starting at about 5:34 mark. Definitely seems like it will be a shoot out. As best I can tell, doesn't seem like their DL is very big. If we can control the line of scrimmage and RBs shoot the gaps hard, we should be able to pound the rock. I think time of possession will also be a huge factor for us. Best way to beat a good offense is to keep the ball out of their hands.

Lake Creek Press Conference 09.17.24
Cool interview. The LC coach is focused on fundamentals. Thanks for sharing that.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Just think
A team that has been picked as a state contender (Us, LC Huntsville)
Will probably have to travel to either Marshall or Texarkana for the first playoff game (I’d be surprised if that’s not 1-2 in that district by a long margin) I don’t believe Whitehouse will compete for second
That’s farther than Dallas geez

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
Wouldn’t be as bad if it was deeper in the playoffs like when we played Texas High at Nachitoches (neutral site)
But that first home game is going to be a doozy for the 3-4 teams from both districts. The absolute closest teams would be would be Nacogdoches Whitehouse or Jacksonville
Mount Pleasant Texarkana close to 300 miles for some team(s) Marshall 70 less but still a haul

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
The UIL did not consider that or just don’t care. Ludicrous decision to put any SE Texas/Houston Metro team in region 2. :mad:

Liberty Hill is much closer to Dallas than Houston or the Triangle.
Yeah, It’s pretty OBVIOUS traveling distance wasn’t considered…it was PERSONAL and frankly quite CHILDISH if you ask me cause we “PURPLE RAINED” all over them, on EVERY level so they got their feelings hurt and went crying to “Daddy”….ugh! Or at least that’s SURE how it looks!

Eazy Money

In the alignment before (2020-2021), Texarkana was in Region 3. I remember Fulshear had to go to Texarkana. Can you imagine what time they got home? And it was a Thursday night. In 2020, Lake Creek had to go up there. Now we are all in Region 2 and here we go again. Don’t want to be the 4 seed.

15PNG

500+ Posts
Yeah, It’s pretty OBVIOUS traveling distance wasn’t considered…it was PERSONAL and frankly quite CHILDISH if you ask me cause we “PURPLE RAINED” all over them, on EVERY level so they got their feelings hurt and went crying to “Daddy”….ugh! Or at least that’s SURE how it looks!
It WAS personal

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully with bye week we learn how to tackle again and be physical.
The good news is that defense was often in position and pursuing. Just missed a lot of tackles. Arm tackles that is or just not being aggressive enough against some good runners. LP would not have made some of those big gains otherwise.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores