My Take Of Last Night....

png tribe

100+ Posts
I believe the coaches are awesome and I'm sure they will make some adjustment's. Our LB's are very soft this season. Just watch the replay of the game and you will see that they were in position but were not agressive enough to go and make a play. I hate to single out a position but we have had a lot of poor play out of the LB's. I do believe that we need to get up tighter on the WR's though. It's too easy to gain 5-10 yard's as long as we keep playing so far off of them. We don't have the speed to play so far off. We have not been able to get pressure on the QB much either. DJ was doubleteamed all night against Nederland and we didn't have anyone else able to get after a slow Forney. Our defensive line and LB's were very solid last year and we just are not getting consistent play from those guy's. They better get it together real quick or the season will be over!

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
i`ll take BF and staff anyday and twice on sunday over going back to the MB day`s. does anyone remember some of the embarrassing defeats png suffered under that regime ? give these coach`s a chance ........... MB had 15 yrs.

TheBoysMom

squaw said:
Vegas, I was glad you were able to come. Our youngest son lives in Phoenix, AZ, and listens to the games and can't wait to see another MCM. As for our take on the game, all we know for sure is that it wasn't our boys who are the problem. They gave 112% or more effort. It wasn't our fans---most of us were standing and yelling most of the game. Now, who was it?

squaw said:
I never said that!! Don't put words or negative connotation on what I was saying. All I said is "who is at fault?" because it clearly is NOT the players fault. The boys played their hearts out. I am very proud of our team.

I rarely post on this site, but read almost daily. It seems very clear to me what you're implying with these remarks, and it truly leaves me speechless.

However, as someone who has not always understood a lot of the innuendo on this site, I finally feel like I'm beginning to see the big picture now, and it ain't pretty. WOW.

PNGfan

100+ Posts
This is insane for some people to indicate it's the coaches fault for the games lost. Here's my take on it since we're all giving opinions. Every high school goes through cycles, some of you know what I mean ;D I don't care what coach you have in there, sometimes you don't have the deep talent there. I do think we have some talent with this group, but I don't think we have enough talent right now. I'm not dogging the kids out, it is what it is. I think they play thier hearts out, but I can promise you that kids in the football system right now are happy to be able to play some football. During the last regime, thier were dad's of kids that would talk about thier kid never playing a down. BF makes sure that all kids from 7th grade through 12th get to play. Whether everyone agrees or not it keeps the interest of all of the kids in the program.BTW, I think these kids are a closer nit group do to all of the interaction of the coaches with the kids. When was the last time that was the case around here. These coaches have went above and beyond for the kids as well as the community. I'm only one fan, but you can bet your tailend that I stand behind the current coaches. Keep playing hard, and hopefully we can pull some wins out. In the end, I would like all of the kids to be responsible citizens in society, if they win some games great! It's about more then football, pull your heads out of the sand.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
TheBoysMom said:
squaw said:
Vegas, I was glad you were able to come. Our youngest son lives in Phoenix, AZ, and listens to the games and can't wait to see another MCM. As for our take on the game, all we know for sure is that it wasn't our boys who are the problem. They gave 112% or more effort. It wasn't our fans---most of us were standing and yelling most of the game. Now, who was it?

squaw said:
I never said that!! Don't put words or negative connotation on what I was saying. All I said is "who is at fault?" because it clearly is NOT the players fault. The boys played their hearts out. I am very proud of our team.

I rarely post on this site, but read almost daily. It seems very clear to me what you're implying with these remarks, and it truly leaves me speechless.

However, as someone who has not always understood a lot of the innuendo on this site, I finally feel like I'm beginning to see the big picture now, and it ain't pretty. WOW.

Sad isn't it. The fact that there are people with enough selfish interests to negatively impact the football program is a reality. And as you can see there are some minions busy at their craft.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, probably way out, but here's my take on the situation after talking to one of our starting defensive linemen this morning. He said there seems to be a mental block going on with some of the guys. He said the coaches are doing a great job and making changes, and the team is on their game in practice, then when it's gametime, something just isn't clicking. After talking to him it seems like there may be a fear factor going on with some of them, like maybe a fear of getting injured. Again, these are just things he was speculating on cause they're trying to figure it out too. I'm wondering if what happened to Reggie Garrett is affecting them more then even they realize. It just seems like things declined the last two games cause we should have handled Livingston and Nederland alot easier than we did IMO. I told him that I would keep the team in my prayers daily and pray that God give them a sound mind and replace any fear with strength and confidence. Like I said, these are just my thoughts.

sportsrgreat

ndnsrock44 said:
This is the same squaw that just loves Coach Faircloth.(allegedly) Why, by golly, they joke about who cheers for the Indians the loudest at the baseball games.(allegedly) You hit it on the head IndianFan, she has an agenda. When we were coming off a 10-0 season she wouldn't admit that she is really part of the group that is resentful of the MB reassignment. Now that a little adversity has come upon us, she is licking her chops to stir it up. I have had kids on the team that have told me how frustrating this season has been and one of the reasons is because these coaches are so good that they are making adjustments during the game and it puts our defense into position to make plays, but we just aren't executing. As far as the coverages we are running, we are having trouble making plays in our zone, just imagine if we man up on the outside. Coach Kroeker was a 5A D-coordinator for 6 or 7 years and did a great job last year, I am sure he didn't forget how to run a defense during the off season. Brandon Faircloth has assembled a staff from some high profile programs around the state and they are first rate. We need to let them build our program and that takes some time.When we get some teams that have been in this system since 7th grade...watch out! Squaw, didn't you call Kroeker a defensive genius in a earlier thread? I guess you know more than he does now. All you have to do is ask the boys who play for these coaches what they think of them and you will find out how much they value them.

png tribe

100+ Posts
Reggie Garrett didn't get hurt in the game. If their afraid to get hurt than they shouldn't be playing. That is a bad excuse! That's some of these kid's problem's, people alway's making excuses for them instead of holding them responsible.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
squaw said:
And what is this supposed to mean?
I don't have a clue, that's why I was asking you guys. I love BF and have NEVER said any different. Justafan loves to make me sound bad and he doesn't even have a clue! I am only responding to decent, respectful posts.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, probably way out, but here's my take on the situation after talking to one of our starting defensive linemen this morning. He said there seems to be a mental block going on with some of the guys. He said the coaches are doing a great job and making changes, and the team is on their game in practice, then when it's gametime, something just isn't clicking. After talking to him it seems like there may be a fear factor going on with some of them, like maybe a fear of getting injured. Again, these are just things he was speculating on cause they're trying to figure it out too. I'm wondering if what happened to Reggie Garrett is affecting them more then even they realize. It just seems like things declined the last two games cause we should have handled Livingston and Nederland alot easier than we did IMO. I told him that I would keep the team in my prayers daily and pray that God give them a sound mind and replace any fear with strength and confidence. Like I said, these are just my thoughts.
ingainerYYZ said:
i`ll take BF and staff anyday and twice on sunday over going back to the MB day`s. does anyone remember some of the embarrassing defeats png suffered under that regime ? give these coach`s a chance ........... MB had 15 yrs.
I totally agree as I've said dozens of times.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
At the urging of my wife I have edited my post, but squaw everytime you open your mouth or type a post you make yourself look bad. I don't have too.

Oldschool

in the words of antoine dodson Squaw "you are so dumb"
You cant pretend you are innocent its pretty obvious you are being malicious in your post.
Stop hiding behind your bs and show your true colors. If you disagree with the coaching change say it. then the rest of us will reply with what we already think of you. See above.

gpwildcat

The take from an interested "outsider"

PNG could have e easily won the GP Game, which I saw in person. Also could have easily won the Nederland game, which I listened to on the radio. From what I read about the Tx City & Livingston games you could have won those as well. PNG has been in every game, no blowouts. Indians just did not get any lucky breaks. I think last year you guys caught some lucky breaks, plus you had the element of surprise working for you. For years PNG program had been down, and when y'all made a major change in the way you play the game it took lots of folks by surprise, then your success was self perpetuating, with the boys thinking they would win, and the fans giving 100% support. Now that the Indians are not catching any lucky breaks, the opposite is true.

I'll have to tell you, as a guy who caught a ton of grief from most all PNG fans after the Alamodome game, I am surprised to see y'all sniping at each other. Now more than ever you need to unite behind your team and coaches, put the past behind you,and finish your regular season 5-0 . you have the talent, just need a few lucky bounces of the ole oblong spheroid!

For those of you interested, GP is 5-0, coming off of a bye week and starts district play next week in Floresville.

I'll be pulling for you the rest of the season.

GO CATS, GO DOGS!

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
Thanks gpwildcat. Its not but a few who are causing the issues here. They are friends of the old coach and some of the assistants who were let go for poor performance. They can't seem to get on board with the new coaches and want to continue making malicious comments.

pngfan66

500+ Posts
Yep with the old regime alot of the players who had better talent than those starting were on the sidelines the entire game. You had to be on the inside if you had a kid playing to let them have a shot at starting. My son started for the first 4 games his senior year then a underclass man who's family went to the same church and were close friends got the starting spot. I had so many friends in the stands in disbelief that my son wasn't starting anymore. The kid who took over spent most of his time on the ground and being run over. It was a sad state to see. I approached those coaches to ask why and all I got was the run around. It wasn't grades or playing ability. I'm so glad to have these coaches we have now. They do put those out there who has the best talent available to them. You don't have to kiss @%$ to play or have a parent, buddy buddy system to get to play or earn a starting position. Coaches put in who will be the best at the time. Some changes may have to occur at times but they do it for the benefit of the team. My son plays on JV this year and works very hard and plays most of the game with a rotation with another player.
I may type on here and put in my 2 cents but thats all that it is. My opinion and observations. I know the coaches see what we all see as well and probably alot more. I agree with some post on her that our backers need alot of work or changed out. Thats the coaches decisions. If they don't then we keep on doing what we do best as fans ! Cheer for the team ! support them no matter what !

Torino

500+ Posts
gpwildcat said:

PNG could have e easily won the GP Game, which I saw in person. Also could have easily won the Nederland game, which I listened to on the radio. From what I read about the Tx City & Livingston games you could have won those as well. PNG has been in every game, no blowouts. Indians just did not get any lucky breaks. I think last year you guys caught some lucky breaks, plus you had the element of surprise working for you. For years PNG program had been down, and when y'all made a major change in the way you play the game it took lots of folks by surprise, then your success was self perpetuating, with the boys thinking they would win, and the fans giving 100% support. Now that the Indians are not catching any lucky breaks, the opposite is true.

I'll have to tell you, as a guy who caught a ton of grief from most all PNG fans after the Alamodome game, I am surprised to see y'all sniping at each other. Now more than ever you need to unite behind your team and coaches, put the past behind you,and finish your regular season 5-0 . you have the talent, just need a few lucky bounces of the ole oblong spheroid!

For those of you interested, GP is 5-0, coming off of a bye week and starts district play next week in Floresville.

GO CATS, GO DOGS!
Are you aware that 3 board members who brought in Faircloth have been voted out of office? Also, Harvey Brown, 38 year-Board member, died shortly after bringing in Faircloth and his widow was defeated in the special election for his seat?
Are you aware that 2 current board members were elected on the platform that they would disicpline Faircloth? One ran because a friend was reassigned, and another ran because he hates athletics?

I recognize that this is not to be a poitical forum but we all need to think long and hard when we are in the ballot box next school board election. Harvey was a good as it gets and Barbara could have served us well also. He never did one thing that was not for the good of the district. Gary Stretcher was also looking out for the welfare of the district he just isn't the most outgoing person. If Gary and Barbara had been on the board, we might have seen more transparency in the hiring of a new superintendent and his assistant.

indianalways

100+ Posts
Torino said:
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS, GO DOGS!
Are you aware that 3 board members who brought in Faircloth have been voted out of office? Also, Harvey Brown, 38 year-Board member, died shortly after bringing in Faircloth and his widow was defeated in the special election for his seat?
Are you aware that 2 current board members were elected on the platform that they would disicpline Faircloth? One ran because a friend of his wife's was reassigned to jr. high, and another ran because he hates athletics?
61ndn said:
I recognize that this is not to be a poitical forum but we all need to think long and hard when we are in the ballot box next school board election. Harvey was a good as it gets and Barbara could have served us well also. He never did one thing that was not for the good of the district. Gary Stretcher was also looking out for the welfare of the district he just isn't the most outgoing person. If Gary and Barbara had been on the board, we might have seen more transparency in the hiring of a new superintendent and his assistant.

FINALLY some of you see the light. You can read my posts and conclude that I have been preaching this for a few months now. It is GRAVELY important that we (the community) assure Mr. Brittain and Mr. McCutcheon retain their seats on the board.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
gpwildcat said:

GO CATS, GO DOGS!
Good post gpwildcat. You are aboslutely right in that we have gotten NO breaks this year. During last years magical run, it seems like everything went our way. As far as our sniping, well, lets just say we are passionate about our small town politics too. We are facing a hit-and-miss Lumberton team at home this week and I hope we get back on track. I wish y'all continued success and I hope you run through your district schedule like you did your first 5 games. I'll be watching and pulling for you all from our corner.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores