My Take Of Last Night....

squaw

1,000+ Posts
This is my 41st football season and we went when others did not and I can hold up my head and state "we are great PNG fans and NO ONE wants a winning team any more than we do." While the Burnetts are fine, long time citizens of Port Neches, I, too, thought Matt had his time and it was time for a change (read earlier posts as I said it time and time again). I honestly was asking for your opinions--all I wanted to do was "talk football". Being female, I don't always understand what a 3-4 defensive line-up versus a 4-3 line-up really means. Unlike some of you nay-sayers, I wanted to learn a little football and now I realize you close-minded Bubbas can't get past your sense of "superiority". How sad--one minute you say a PNG fan should never tear down another PNG fan and in the next post you are doing just that. What is really sad is that people who know me personally are actually laughing at you! Why can't everyone just enjoy football and not get personal? (including me).

TheBoysMom

squaw said:
Vegas, I was glad you were able to come. Our youngest son lives in Phoenix, AZ, and listens to the games and can't wait to see another MCM. As for our take on the game, all we know for sure is that it wasn't our boys who are the problem. They gave 112% or more effort. It wasn't our fans---most of us were standing and yelling most of the game. Now, who was it?

squaw said:
I honestly was asking for your opinions--all I wanted to do was "talk football". Being female, I don't always understand what a 3-4 defensive line-up versus a 4-3 line-up really means. Unlike some of you nay-sayers, I wanted to learn a little football and now I realize you close-minded Bubbas can't get past your sense of "superiority".

When you used the term "who is it?" rather than "what went wrong?", it tends to come across as something other than just talking football... almost as if you want to name names.

Excuse my Bubbaism if I misunderstood.

Justafan

2,000+ Posts
squaw said:
This is my 41st football season and we went when others did not and I can hold up my head and state "we are great PNG fans and NO ONE wants a winning team any more than we do." While the Burnetts are fine, long time citizens of Port Neches, I, too, thought Matt had his time and it was time for a change (read earlier posts as I said it time and time again). I honestly was asking for your opinions--all I wanted to do was "talk football". Being female, I don't always understand what a 3-4 defensive line-up versus a 4-3 line-up really means. Unlike some of you nay-sayers, I wanted to learn a little football and now I realize you close-minded Bubbas can't get past your sense of "superiority". How sad--one minute you say a PNG fan should never tear down another PNG fan and in the next post you are doing just that. What is really sad is that people who know me personally are actually laughing at you! Why can't everyone just enjoy football and not get personal? (including me).

I have to agree with what your saying Squaw, but your the one who has made things personal. You seem to always makes a statement, then turn around and claim you didn't say it or didn't mean it that way. And then everyone is being hateful for commenting.
I have no personal agenda against you, but I do when you make it personal. You and your buddy Mrs. Miller came on this site before election time and made it personal against several good people.
After 41 years you don't know what a 3-4 or a 4-3 defense are? lol j/k

attakapandn

100+ Posts
ok. let see who slams me! my take is this, the kids play hard and are always in the game , never a blowout this year . I can not and will not blame a teenager for a s, a loss is just a result of the game. Coaches are professional enough to take the blame for a loss and give the credit for a win to a teenager! Coaches call the plays, make the adjustment during a game, he can not wait til practice to make adjustments, it has to be during the game.
these kids are not professionals or play college ball, they are still learning the game while they are playing. that is why we have coaches to coach them on how to play the game win or lose!
The coaches are doing a fine job adversity is part the job. Each year brings in new players, different talents, coaches and players all have to make adjustments. We will get there. We can not sit back and bash them all we must support our team as a whole. Both coaches and players.

bark

1,000+ Posts
I agree attakapandn. The players change, situations change, etc...The coaches have to adjust and these coaches seem to do a great job. Don't forget Ethridges last few seasons were sub-par. Burnett went to the state championship game and many playoff games and had bad seasons in between. I would hope that we all support the PNG students in all endeavors -sport or UIL

I think we (me too) over analyse. Let them play. I believe nobody wants to win more than the players and coaches.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
attakapandn said:
ok. let see who slams me! my take is this, the kids play hard and are always in the game , never a blowout this year . I can not and will not blame a teenager for a s, a loss is just a result of the game. Coaches are professional enough to take the blame for a loss and give the credit for a win to a teenager! Coaches call the plays, make the adjustment during a game, he can not wait til practice to make adjustments, it has to be during the game.
these kids are not professionals or play college ball, they are still learning the game while they are playing. that is why we have coaches to coach them on how to play the game win or lose!
The coaches are doing a fine job adversity is part the job. Each year brings in new players, different talents, coaches and players all have to make adjustments. We will get there. We can not sit back and bash them all we must support our team as a whole. Both coaches and players.
No slam here. Good post! I too fully support the kids and coaches. We are blessed to have a great coaching staff that are teaching these boys to be young men as well as the game of football.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Good comments. In the end it's all about matchups. Sometimes you play hard and the other team is bigger/faster/more experienced. Regardless, the Indians have been in every game and dominant on offense recently. The defense just needs to come together. There is still time and then the playoffs are a new season.

ndntrueblue

Just a Suggestion... Let's remember that our kids read these posts also. I am a png graduate of too many years ago, :eek:ld: and I have followed and supported our Indians through the good, the bad and the ugly :cowboy:. We need to stop blaming and start praising our guys. I know it is a lot easier for me to coach and make the plays from my comfy seat in the stands than it is on the field. I hope our guys simmer down, realize how talented they are and just do their best and play the game :clap:. Don't worry about how the game went 10 years ago or 5 years ago or last week, :shout: how their parents played or what coach did what. Just go out there, use their talents, do their best and make this their time! I know these guys can do it and make the playoffs if they want to. Scalp em Indians, We love you no matter what, and I for one, am very proud to be an Indian. And for the record- I am a band Mom~ I love my purple pride band too~!!!!! :rocks:

bark

1,000+ Posts
ndntrueblue great post - the coaches and players come and go, some years great some not so great. Lets support all no matter what. The parents who leave after the Band 1/2 time, I can understand that they may not be football fans and that's ok. As one of my friends noted how many football/baseball etc... fans go the the band competition?

Just a thought, not my opinion.

Oldschool

The football team doesn't play between band performances. Also the band stays and plays the rest of the game. Just my two cents on band fans and parents leaving. We just need a break to go our way for a chamge.

squaw

1,000+ Posts
I agree. Why can't all good fans get along and support the team? I admit I get upset when people start saying "so and so is against the coach; so and so on the school board has an agenda; so and so did a good/bad job for this/that". I personally know all the past board members and all the current board members and, in my opinion, think its great to give new people a chance to lead. That doesn't necessarily say anything bad about the old members. This may surprise some of the nay-sayers on here, but I am definitely supporting Rusty Brittain next year if he gets an opponent. Haven't made up my mind about the other one yet. People have a right to vote for who they want, but I hope they do their homework. To clarify, I am NOT against athletics or the coaches and it is absurb for anyone to think I am. I AM for giving the new coaches and the new school board administration a chance to do a good job for us. Don't y'all think they deserve this?

1989NDN

2,500+ Posts
Staff member
squaw said:
I agree. Why can't all good fans get along and support the team? I admit I get upset when people start saying "so and so is against the coach; so and so on the school board has an agenda; so and so did a good/bad job for this/that". I personally know all the past board members and all the current board members and, in my opinion, think its great to give new people a chance to lead. That doesn't necessarily say anything bad about the old members. This may surprise some of the nay-sayers on here, but I am definitely supporting Rusty Brittain next year if he gets an opponent. Haven't made up my mind about the other one yet. People have a right to vote for who they want, but I hope they do their homework. To clarify, I am NOT against athletics or the coaches and it is absurb for anyone to think I am. I AM for giving the new coaches and the new school board administration a chance to do a good job for us. Don't y'all think they deserve this?

+1

bulldawg#1mom

I can honestly say that those of you who think that Squaw does not support BF and the football team or football in PNG is ABSOLUTLY WRONG!!!!! I know first hand that both Squaw and her husband were very torn when it came time to hire a new head coach because of the closeness and love that they had and still have for Matt B and his family BUT she knew it was time for a change and was and has been very excited about BF and while I was around (which was daily) she supported BF!! Something I heard from the boys both Ned and PNG that I think maybe some of us have not taken into consideration is that PNG did not get a chance to scout Ned because the boys that were injured had recently came back...just a comment that was made that may have been a key factor!! Now, the school board stuff I do not have anymore first hand, from the horses mouth info, so I can't comment. Yek, if Mrs. Hollier is attending the meetings and getting active and obtaining info first hand and actually commenting on things SHE knows for a fact than great! I know in the past that was not the case. I say great job to our boys both sides they played a great game!

badndn

500+ Posts
#1sportsmom said:
Something I heard from the boys both Ned and PNG that I think maybe some of us have not taken into consideration is that PNG did not get a chance to scout Ned because the boys that were injured had recently came back...just a comment that was made that may have been a key factor!!

Nederland did the same thing (wildcat) last year against us, with predominantly the same personel (Sonnier, Salenga, etc.). I am sure we still have that video. they had very little success with it last year. The biggest difference between the two games was our new LB's and DB's.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores