NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye

attakapandn

100+ Posts
great post shovelhead! I too hate that we are hated cause of some few fans that are rude! I have heard and seen our fans making comments about the other tames players getting hurt and not clapping when he gets up . This past game when a Manvel player ws hurt i heard a older woman say good let get such and such number next! HOW RUDE! If that the way fans treat a teenager that is playing for his school.. geeezee. No compassation! (sp). And for our fan to put down our team cause we could not stop a run or pass etc, just PISSED ME OFF!! Heard one lady finally turn around and give a what for to the fan! WAY TO GO GIRL!

Go to remember these are kids , and as fans we need to remember that.. if you wnt to be that type of fan go watch a professional game! ok said my peace.. continue on!

yankeedawg

500+ Posts
NDNmom91 said:
I agree! At one time PNG was hated because outsiders wanted what we had. Now we're starting to be hated because of our rude, obnoxious fans!! If you don't believe me pay a visit to "the other board" and read some of the stuff our fellow NDN fans post...it's pretty embarrassing! Ryno you are welcome here and thank you for adding to the discussion and explaining the traditions of your school. I will be the first to apologize if I've said anything offensive about Manvel. Emotions are always high after a game like that and we all get caught up in the moment.

It's sad that with all PNG as a whole has going for them, that a few "bad apples" can try to make the entire community look bad when posting on message boards. I tend to disregard "flaming-a$$" remarks or those which are filled with hate , rudeness etc, and try to see humor in the individual who is typing it (be it from Nederland, PNG or whereever). How sad that person's life may be to have to act like a moron with a computer. Don't let the few ruin it for all the good folks in your communities. I enjoy posting on here, enjoy the MCM trash talking ;D (as it for the most part is done tastefully) and enjoy hearing about things happening with you schools and communities. As an outsider, I try to be courteous and respectful in what I post...as I'm sure most of ya'll are when/if you post on other's boards.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Some people just don't know any better. That applies to all towns and schools.

I always like to remind people that PN, Groves, Nederland, Orange, and even Beaumont and PA are just specks on the SE Texas map. Outside of the respective alumni bases, we're really not that big of a deal to anyone else. There are lots of other schools with their own tradition, history, spirit, etc. PN-G does not have the market cornered on that. A lot of folks just don't realize it.

NDN79

500+ Posts
Yankeedawg--you mean you are not an Indian? ;D I have always thought that you were! ;D From this point forward I dub the Honorary Indian!! Yankee you have always posted with class and discretion, and we appreciate and welcome you always. As has been stated earlier--some people can't control their emotions and get carried away with their ill-tempered posts, but the vast majority that post here(99.99%) just want to share their love for the PN-G INDIANS. Time to move forward and acknowledge the better team won(this time ;)) and get ready for next season!!

PNGfan

100+ Posts
Speaking of others not liking us as much anymore. I found it odd that while standing in line at the Manvel game that they had two lines to go into the front gate. The line next to me was let in first with a Baytown police officer at the back of the line. People in my line seen this and tried to get into the line walking in the gate. The officer told the fans to get back in the other line and they would be allowed to enter after that line went into the gates. A older man in front of me said out loud "that's stupid, you can't tell me what to do, and I don't care who you are". I started thinking does alot of people act the way this guy does? I had my middle son with me and he looked up at me and I said don't listen to that man, if an officer tells you to do something then you do it. The funny thing is the officer the man was talking about lives in Port Neches, but works for Baytown PD and is a NDN fan. He was just doing his job and this goofy guy has to pop off. Anyways thought it was interesting to share how some people in our own backyard act. I did tell the the guy and his wife that after getting back from Disney World that standing in line at a HS football game was a cakewalk. ;D

indianalways

100+ Posts
shovelhead said:
indianalways and ingainerYYZ, I take exception to your remarks. ryno1203 has been a gentleman with his posts, offering his view of the game and some insights which I appreciate. I havent heard our kids make bad remarks, but I was in the stands. I DO know that we had unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties called against us and one of our players ejected. No Manvel players were ejected. We as adults and parents should set a good example for our kids. We can be better than we have been.

ryno1203, I appreciate your insight and posts. Good luck to Manvel through the playoffs. Thank you for being a good example.

If you think my post was a reflection of my opinion about ryno1203 you are mistaken. He has been very classy and very well mannered with his posts here. I welcome his input and participation in the future. My statements about Manvel's football team were based on my opinion of what I saw at the game Saturday and what I saw on the game film. If you disagree with what I said about the team, go watch the film then get back to me. If you have ever watched high school football and know what sportsmanship, fundamentals, and etiquette are then you'll see what I saw. Did I say our team was perfect? No. Did I call out any individual player? No. I simply gave my opinion about what my experience has been witnessing this game and have stayed on topic with what this thread is about. And I stand by the statements I made. Manvel's team was one of the worst acting, undisciplined, un-coached group of players I have ever seen. That's all.

ingainerYYZ

100+ Posts
NDN NATION said:
ingainerYYZ said:
ryno1203 .............. please find another web site to post on. GOD BLESS.

This my friends is why people have a such a problem with PNG fans. If your not one of us then you are an outsider and need to stay away. ::) Get over yourself. While standing in line Saturday there was a lady who harassed this poor kid because he was from Nederland but she took it way to far and finally I think got told to be quiet. I mean really he was a minor and you were a 40something year old woman and she was just being so rude.

At the BH game and also the Willis game there was an older woman that posts on this site who was talking so loud that I heard her about 8 rows up about her hatred from Nederland. ::) ::) There were Nederland people sitting not that far from her, there supporting PNG. Some people need to get over themselves because they are not all that and if that is what PNG spirit is about, I was totally embarrassed and finally hollered for her to shut up if she didn't like Nederland.

I was unaware that there was a problem with PN-G fans?

NDNTime

1,000+ Posts
ingainerYYZ said:

-1 thumbs down for that. Bring the talk ryno. We always welcome a new perspective on things. God Bless you too my friend.

Red Raider Mom

People have lost the art of competition and debate. Instead of friendly competition many see it as mortal combat. They carry it with them outside of the "game" and use every opportunity to strike at their opponent. Debating the issues regarding our schools and community on this board is very similar. Instead of intelligent exchange of opinion and ideas some respond with rudeness, ugly comments, personal attacks, threats, and aggressive behaviors. Instead of attacking ryno and others maybe we could engage in productive debate or collaborate to solve some of the issues that have been raised. If you don't agree with me thats fine. I am made of teflon but please dont threaten my child because of my opinion.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
ingainerYYZ said:
NDN NATION said:
ingainerYYZ said:

This my friends is why people have a such a problem with PNG fans. If your not one of us then you are an outsider and need to stay away. ::) Get over yourself. While standing in line Saturday there was a lady who harassed this poor kid because he was from Nederland but she took it way to far and finally I think got told to be quiet. I mean really he was a minor and you were a 40something year old woman and she was just being so rude.

At the BH game and also the Willis game there was an older woman that posts on this site who was talking so loud that I heard her about 8 rows up about her hatred from Nederland. ::) ::) There were Nederland people sitting not that far from her, there supporting PNG. Some people need to get over themselves because they are not all that and if that is what PNG spirit is about, I was totally embarrassed and finally hollered for her to shut up if she didn't like Nederland.

I was unaware that there was a problem with PN-G fans?

::)

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
NDNTime said:
ingainerYYZ said:

-1 thumbs down for that. Bring the talk ryno. We always welcome a new perspective on things. God Bless you too my friend.
Let's cut ingainer some slack. A lot of us have reacted to things said by fans of other teams on this board and the" other" board, including myself. PNG is attacked so much that we feel the need to defend ourselves a lot. I think rhyno was doing what many PNG fans did after BH fans badmouthed DJ on the other site..defend your school and your players. I have no problem with that and his explanation of the song. Ingainer has seemed to be a class act on this board and as far as I can remember, a very positive poster. Its time for us to move on from this game and start looking at the bright future we have ahead of us.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores