NaNaHeyHeyGoodbye

hookem14

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
Adams said:
I walked over to the other sideline a few times for photos. The song they were playing was in fact "We Ready" The only time it sounded otherwise was near the end of the game.
I asked a lady what Hoka Hey meant and she said it meant, in short, "Play unselfishly"
AS I moved toward the Maverick bench I noticed a sign that confirmed it as it said at the top of it Hoka Hey = Play unselfish.

Well I don't know about your sources and I am not trying to start something here. But my source was a Varsity cheerleader mom from Manvel. The mother was a PNG alumni from 1981 and her daughter is a varsity cheerleader from Manvel. I asked her at the game what Hoka hey on the flags meant. That is when she told me (with a smile I may add), "Today is a good day to die". :huh: Also when I got home I googled it to make sure.
We say "SCALP EM INDIANS SCALP EM". Do you know what that means? What's the difference?

Adams

EX79NDN said:
Adams said:
I walked over to the other sideline a few times for photos. The song they were playing was in fact "We Ready" The only time it sounded otherwise was near the end of the game.
I asked a lady what Hoka Hey meant and she said it meant, in short, "Play unselfishly"
AS I moved toward the Maverick bench I noticed a sign that confirmed it as it said at the top of it Hoka Hey = Play unselfish.

Well I don't know about your sources and I am not trying to start something here. But my source was a Varsity cheerleader mom from Manvel. The mother was a PNG alumni from 1981 and her daughter is a varsity cheerleader from Manvel. I asked her at the game what Hoka hey on the flags meant. That is when she told me (with a smile I may add), "Today is a good day to die". :huh: Also when I got home I googled it to make sure.

I saw the same thing on Google but if you read what I posted it clearly said that I saw (and took a picture of) the sign. It wasn't a sign someone painted or drew up... it was a professional sign that said... Hoka Hey = Play unselfish. I will go to the TSI facebook page and see if I can find that one picture and post it here. It might take me a bit because there are so many pics.
I also agree with the above poster. Not much difference in us saying Scalp'em.

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
Hokahey didn't bother me and neither did all the tauting that both teams did. What got me was their team taunting our Cheerleaders while hanging up signs, that is uncalled for. We sat by the parents of the cheerleader and over heard her tell her parents the story. Takes a big man to mess with some girls.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
hookem14 said:
EX79NDN said:
Adams said:

We say "SCALP EM INDIANS SCALP EM". Do you know what that means? What's the difference?

Yes TURD!!!!! I do know what Scalp em Indians Scalp em means.....and your point?!?! I was just stating what a Manvel Varsity cheerleader Mom told me at the game. This posting had nothing to do with comparing the two school battle cry's.

EX79NDN

100+ Posts
Adams said:
EX79NDN said:
Adams said:

I saw the same thing on Google but if you read what I posted it clearly said that I saw (and took a picture of) the sign. It wasn't a sign someone painted or drew up... it was a professional sign that said... Hoka Hey = Play unselfish. I will go to the TSI facebook page and see if I can find that one picture and post it here. It might take me a bit because there are so many pics.
I also agree with the above poster. Not much difference in us saying Scalp'em.

I am not doubting what you saw. I was just telling you what a MANVEL VARSITY CHEERLEADER MOM told me at the game. Now if anyone wants to keep getting ugly and keeps wanting to debat this issue, PM me and I will be more than happy to get you in contact with an ex PNG high school teacher (Mr. Hebert's) daughter (that is who told me). Than you (a person not associated with the Manvel school district and her (a Manvel Varsity Cheerleader Mom) can discuss what the Manvel school district and the Manvel Varsity Cheerleader's feel the defination of that saying is and represents for their school.

Than second, in my posting I was not comparing the two school's battle cry. Hookem14 brought that into the conversation.

hookem14

100+ Posts
EX79NDN said:
hookem14 said:
EX79NDN said:
Adams said:

Yes TURD!!!!! I do know what Scalp em Indians Scalp em means.....and your point?!?! I was just stating what a Manvel Varsity cheerleader Mom told me at the game. This posting had nothing to do with comparing the two school battle cry's.
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

bandkid

Staff member
Red Raider Mom said:
You are getting a little steamed about the teapot song. Did you see all of these incidents that supposedly occurred? Otherwise it is just mean-spirited gossip here.

I think that we can bring it up a notch and still have a ways to go before we ruffle the feathers of the band police.

I don't know if Proud Band Mom saw it or not, but I saw it first hand and so did about twenty or thirty other band members. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if word got around.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
bandkid said:
Red Raider Mom said:
You are getting a little steamed about the teapot song. Did you see all of these incidents that supposedly occurred? Otherwise it is just mean-spirited gossip here.

I think that we can bring it up a notch and still have a ways to go before we ruffle the feathers of the band police.

I don't know if Proud Band Mom saw it or not, but I saw it first hand and so did about twenty or thirty other band members. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if word got around.

Sorry Raider Mom, the things Proud Band Mom said are FACT not GOSSIP! I know her and she is the LAST person who would get on here and say anything unless she knew it to be fact. Her son told her about their Cheerleaders and drill team flipping our band off because he was one of the ones who got flipped off and the incident with what the Manvel player said to one of our cheerleaders came from me! Move on please!

Torino

500+ Posts
ryno1203 said:
I was just justifying the song sir. Have a blessed day.
Were you explaining the song or, as you said, justifying the song?
Your explanation of the song’s actual title is appreciated. And, to be honest, some tunes sound a lot alike.
However, I hope you are not justifying why your students sing a song with these lyrics:

An' I'ma take him out the game, y'all, it ain't no thang, y'all
You wanna buck I'll rip you up like a chainsaw
The game's raw, boy, please believe it
Keep your Bible with you 'cause you gonna be needin' Jesus

And

A.T.L., we 'bout that head bustin', we leave you dead, cousin
Whassup? Huh, (expletive deleted), (racial epithet deleted), you said somethin'?
If you ready why you stumblin' to the floor, huh?
If you ready why you stutterin, "I ain't drunk"?

And

I'ma show 'em why they call us dirty
There is no mercy for players 'cause he ain't worthy
Heard of me, then, "Hell, naw" before, bet you done heard of me now
Choppin' 'em down, see how quick you drop to the ground
Playin' to be raw with ya ball likes to knock you around
I done twisted up the game, there's a knot in it now

Have a blessed day.

ryno1203

Like I said Torino the kids only use the chorus part of the song. I agree the rest of the song is not appropriate, but if you do a google search Manvel vs Dawson some of our students put a rap together before the our game with Dawson using the "We Ready" theme. As for the cheerleader talk during pregame, this has been going on for as long as I could remember. Is it right no, but I can tell you I was close to the field during pregame and your fans, students, etc are not angles. I was not going to bring it up, but some racial words were thrown at two of the Manvel players I was near, and many other things I cannot type up with our offending anybody. I myself had advised those Manvel players to keep their mouths shut and move over away from the PNG side. I say both sides had some bad apples, but overall I appreciate the tradition that PNG brings and I say again yall know how to bring a crowd. God Bless.

ndnsrock44

100+ Posts
Rhyno...thanks for the kind words. We are very proud of our team and our tradition. Ya'll had the better team Saturday night and will be a tough out for anyone ya'll face in the playoffs. We (PNG Fans) need to let all this go, congratulate Manvel and move on. Like rhyno said, i am sure there were indiscretions on both sides. I know quite a few of our kids and they are good kids, but when when they step on the field, they turn it on and football isn't about being nice. As far as the "We Ready" lyrics...who cares? It is talking about playing rough and taking no prisoners and can't be taken any more literally than "Scalp em Indians, Scalp em". If it fires them up to get ready to play, I don't see the problem. I am sure none of our kids listen to this kind of music. ::) The bottom line is that none of this had anything to do with the outcome of the game, so let's move on.Edit: I will say that Brenham singing the "goodbye" song at the end of the game really pissed me off. Manvel was playing this BEFORE the game, so even though I haven't heard the "We Ready" song, I can buy rhyno's explanation.

indianalways

100+ Posts
ndnsrock44 said:
Rhyno...thanks for the kind words. We are very proud of our team and our tradition. Ya'll had the better team Saturday night and will be a tough out for anyone ya'll face in the playoffs. We (PNG Fans) need to let all this go, congratulate Manvel and move on. Like rhyno said, i am sure there were indiscretions on both sides. I know quite a few of our kids and they are good kids, but when when they step on the field, they turn it on and football isn't about being nice. As far as the "We Ready" lyrics...who cares? It is talking about playing rough and taking no prisoners and can't be taken any more literally than "Scalp em Indians, Scalp em". If it fires them up to get ready to play, I don't see the problem. I am sure none of our kids listen to this kind of music. ::) The bottom line is that none of this had anything to do with the outcome of the game, so let's move on.Edit: I will say that Brenham singing the "goodbye" song at the end of the game really pissed me off. Manvel was playing this BEFORE the game, so even though I haven't heard the "We Ready" song, I can buy rhyno's explanation.

People, let's face it. Manvel represents the new breed of sports in this country--watched the NBA lately? Or any professional sport for that matter? The game of basketball used to be about fundamentals, teamwork, and agility. Now it's about a bunch of thugs running around with their shorts down past their butts. The days of sportsmen like Cal Ripken, Craig Biggio, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer are over (sadly). As much as it pains me to say--Manvel is in a way ushering in exactly what we've seen on T.V. the last ten or so years.

shovelhead

100+ Posts
indianalways and ingainerYYZ, I take exception to your remarks. ryno1203 has been a gentleman with his posts, offering his view of the game and some insights which I appreciate. I havent heard our kids make bad remarks, but I was in the stands. I DO know that we had unsportsmanlike conduct and personal foul penalties called against us and one of our players ejected. No Manvel players were ejected. We as adults and parents should set a good example for our kids. We can be better than we have been.

ryno1203, I appreciate your insight and posts. Good luck to Manvel through the playoffs. Thank you for being a good example.

Adams

ingainerYYZ said:
ryno1203 .............. please find another web site to post on. GOD BLESS.

Why would you say something like that? Do you not enjoy other fans coming here to talk football? Why run anyone off?

NDN NATION

100+ Posts
ingainerYYZ said:
ryno1203 .............. please find another web site to post on. GOD BLESS.

This my friends is why people have a such a problem with PNG fans. If your not one of us then you are an outsider and need to stay away. ::) Get over yourself. While standing in line Saturday there was a lady who harassed this poor kid because he was from Nederland but she took it way to far and finally I think got told to be quiet. I mean really he was a minor and you were a 40something year old woman and she was just being so rude.

At the BH game and also the Willis game there was an older woman that posts on this site who was talking so loud that I heard her about 8 rows up about her hatred from Nederland. ::) ::) There were Nederland people sitting not that far from her, there supporting PNG. Some people need to get over themselves because they are not all that and if that is what PNG spirit is about, I was totally embarrassed and finally hollered for her to shut up if she didn't like Nederland.

ndn78

100+ Posts
Great post NDN Nation, sad to believe some of our fans act like this. These type of fans ruin all the hard work it has taken to build our tradition.

NDNmom91

500+ Posts
I agree! At one time PNG was hated because outsiders wanted what we had. Now we're starting to be hated because of our rude, obnoxious fans!! If you don't believe me pay a visit to "the other board" and read some of the stuff our fellow NDN fans post...it's pretty embarrassing! Ryno you are welcome here and thank you for adding to the discussion and explaining the traditions of your school. I will be the first to apologize if I've said anything offensive about Manvel. Emotions are always high after a game like that and we all get caught up in the moment.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores