Nederland Bulldogs @ Port Neches-Groves Indians MCM Time!!!!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Game over.
Nederland is a pretty bad team but they played hard, made some plays and kept it close. The Indians did not look much better. Bad snaps, fumbles, penalties can partially be attributed to the field conditions. Ugly, sloppy game. Poor performance overall by PN-G with all the turnovers but it's a win. Cole Crippen, Shea Adams, Landon Guarnere and Chance Prosperie should get the game ball. Amazing drive at the end of the game to win it. Good game Bulldogs.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
+24 points for Nederland on PN-G turnovers and major mistakes. But the Indians had enough dry powder left in the pouring rain to score 4 TDs and take the win.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
It was 3rd and 10 deep in their own territory with maybe 1:30 left in the game. Looked bleak. Crippen made some amazing throws. Landon Guarnere made 2 great catches including the TD reception. Prosperie had two clutch catches. And the o-line gave him time. Outstanding TD drive by the Indians in the rain and under heavy pressure.

NDNzeke

1,000+ Posts
Goose almost cooked by mistakes. Could be partially attributed to weather, but we have had similar problems all year. Last fumble involved doing the only thing we could not afford to do at that point. Fortunately, great players made great plays on that last drive to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

100+ Posts
Man, I'm glad we won that game. The defensive stand that forced the field goal proved to be decisive.

Last edited:

Chief1987

Man, I'm glad we won that game. The defensive stand that forced the field goal proved to be decisive.
Your exactly right. Maybe Indianfan can tell us who was playing linebacker on that crucial defensive stand. I know the answer.

indians87

Nederland played like they have all year. PNG pretty much gave them everything they got with all the mistakes PNG made. That is why Monte didn’t want to play on Thursday. If they had moved it the game would have been a way different outcome. Rain was the equalizer in this one. Nederland just held on to the ball better.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
PN-G outgained Nederland about 370-160 total yards.

Indians with 215 yards on the ground and 155 passing. Crippen 13 of 19 with 1 TD pass and no interceptions.

Nederland 5 of 18 for 94 yards, no TDs and 2 interceptions passing. 74 yards rushing and 2 TDs.
Even with the freebie 61 yard fumble return for a TD and another 60+ yards picked up on recovered fumbles, they had some tough going against an improved Indian defense.

That public announcement has not been approved by the Big Chief. Rah Rah. ;)

bandkid

Staff member
I made it to Port Neches for this game, and I watched every second of it right there in the stadium, getting drenched by the rain the whole time. It’s the first time I’ve had a chance to see Coach Joseph’s PN-G Indians play, and there are noticeable improvements.

To start with the obvious, our tackling has improved tremendously, and our defense is much improved all the way around. Take away two bad snaps that set Nederland drives up at the doorstep to the end zone and a scoop-and-score, and this game ends with a score of 26-7, not 26-24. Our defense played much better last night than the score indicates. This is the best Indian defense I’ve seen since 2009.

I was also very impressed with Coach Joseph’s style of play-calling. On the first drive of the game when the rain was at its worst, we didn’t throw a single pass. We had a running game to fall back on and we were able to use it effectively without a real passing option on the table. That would not have been possible in a past era of PN-G football. Rain aside, Coach Joseph seemed to know when to play conservatively and when to roll the dice. We don’t play the explosive, high octane style of offense PN-G has been known for, but we’ve traded it in for a power running game and a methodical approach that complements our defense well.

Crippen, Adams, Hinton, Hebert, Prosperie and Guarnere. All played lights out. It seems like Crippen has matured more with each passing game and is peaking at the right time. He marshaled his forces especially well and delivered the ball right where he needed to on that last drive. His receivers made clutch catches at the right times. Hebert and Adams powered an outstanding ground game all night long. Those interceptions late in the game were key to sealing the deal. And I need to throw a shoutout to our linemen - we won the battle at the line of scrimmage on several key plays last night.

We still have some things to work out. I can forgive the bad snaps and the fumble given the weather and the jitters that naturally come with high stakes high school rivalry games. Nonetheless, I seem to recall bad snaps being a recurring issue earlier this season. We need to get those straightened out before the playoffs. I think there are still a few communication and kicking issues, too, though those may be attributed to the gametime conditions as well.

All in all, I’m very pleased with last night’s performance. It was worth the thorough soaking I had to take to see it. Scalp ‘em, Indians.

Usedtocould

2,000+ Posts
But I can’t understand going for two being 2 ahead.
FG beats you
In the conditions a FG is iffy anyway but it puts it in the head of the other team that they CAN tie with a FG instead of going for it on 4th (miss is a win)
Nothings harder than stopping a team who uses all four downs
Change the book that says you go for 2 in that situation.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores