Nederland Bulldogs @ Port Neches-Groves Indians MCM Time!!!!!!

100+ Posts
I would go for 2 for sure if it would run the clock, but the clock doesn't run during the extra point attempts. Otherwise I'd probably go for 2 anyway. Either way they have to move the ball down the field in 40 seconds.

Chief1987

PN-G outgained Nederland about 370-160 total yards.

Indians with 215 yards on the ground and 155 passing. Crippen 13 of 19 with 1 TD pass and no interceptions.

Nederland 5 of 18 for 94 yards, no TDs and 2 interceptions passing. 74 yards rushing and 2 TDs.
Even with the freebie 61 yard fumble return for a TD and another 60+ yards picked up on recovered fumbles, they had some tough going against an improved Indian defense.

That public announcement has not been approved by the Big Chief. Rah Rah. ;)
Your good with stats there rah rah. I’ll give you that. It’s your player evaluation that’s not on point. Especially concerning mine. He’s one of the seniors you keep popping off about.

png2025

Nederland's Sophomore class is special. They are gonna be very solid in the next 2 years.
So last year as freshman this special Nederland group beat png ? Answer is no they got beat by our special group of sophs ! We also we’re up 28-0 on Nederlands jv at half time this year before coaches eased up on them. Our sophomore class is gonna be really good themselves !!!!

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Your good with stats there rah rah. I’ll give you that. It’s your player evaluation that’s not on point. Especially concerning mine. He’s one of the seniors you keep popping off about.
Much more on point than you even realize. I could tell you all about tackle counts, missed tackles and other facts. Can you?

Let me help you out with the definition of ‘rah rah’ which is “someone who is cheering on or supporting something in an uncritical or overly enthusiastic way.” Objective observation of the game and results does not qualify one for rah rah status.

But if you want to add another definition to include paying for and keeping a web site and public forum in place for 22 seasons and attempting to provide interesting content in support of the teams and fans as criteria, yes I am wholeheartedly a ‘rah rah’. If you had joined back in 2000 you might have noticed the 99% positivity over that time.

Pointing out a good match with the attacking defensive style that the new coordinator has put in place is not popping off about seniors. It’s ok to recognize good play when it’s visible or critique the game we all enjoy. You can deny that all you want but video is proof and you don’t have exclusive rights to observing and sharing opinion of results.

Players and coaches know where the improvements can be made to become an even better team. No revalations or confidence crushing comments come from a message-board. Fans are going to be fans and every coach and player knows it.

Your concern is recognized and acknowledged. It’s obvious that you take offense with myself and others of like mind who comment during the game either online or in the stands. If you have special player interest such as a parent, apologies and reaction understood. It may be best for you to not read any comments because this is not a ‘rah rah’ forum and you may not like it.

That’s the last comment from me on this. Now the personal attacks need to end. This isn’t going to turn into a mud pit of personal grievances and back and forth ranting. Zero tolerance.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Nederland's Sophomore class is special. They are gonna be very solid in the next 2 years.
The Indians also have some outstanding sophomores that are already difference makers on varsity. #74 at offensive tackle is a 6-5 290 pound monster. #94 on the defensive line is a handful already. #15 is going to be a good running back and has made some good runs this year. #43 is already playing well at linebacker. The future is bright for both teams.

Chief1987

Much more on point than you even realize. I could tell you all about tackle counts, missed tackles and other facts. Can you?

Let me help you out with the definition of ‘rah rah’ which is “someone who is cheering on or supporting something in an uncritical or overly enthusiastic way.” Objective observation of the game and results does not qualify one for rah rah status.

But if you want to add another definition to include paying for and keeping a web site and public forum in place for 22 seasons and attempting to provide interesting content in support of the teams and fans as criteria, yes I am wholeheartedly a ‘rah rah’. If you had joined back in 2000 you might have noticed the 99% positivity over that time.

Pointing out a good match with the attacking defensive style that the new coordinator has put in place is not popping off about seniors. It’s ok to recognize good play when it’s visible or critique the game we all enjoy. You can deny that all you want but video is proof and you don’t have exclusive rights to observing and sharing opinion of results.

Players and coaches know where the improvements can be made to become an even better team. No revalations or confidence crushing comments come from a message-board. Fans are going to be fans and every coach and player knows it.

Your concern is recognized and acknowledged. It’s obvious that you take offense with myself and others of like mind who comment during the game either online or in the stands. If you have special player interest such as a parent, apologies and reaction understood. It may be best for you to not read any comments because this is not a ‘rah rah’ forum and you may not like it.

That’s the last comment from me on this. Now the personal attacks need to end. This isn’t going to turn into a mud pit of personal grievances and back and forth ranting. Zero tolerance.
Oh I know who does what. I pay very close attention to that. I can acknowledge that the younger kids have done a good job filling in, just not a better job as you imply.

100+ Posts
I would go for 2 for sure if it would run the clock, but the clock doesn't run during the extra point attempts. Otherwise I'd probably go for 2 anyway. Either way they have to move the ball down the field in 40 seconds.
Btw, did anyone else think their last extra point went underneath the crossbar of the goalpost? I think one or two of the refs did too.

IndianFan

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I know who does what. I pay very close attention to that. I can acknowledge that the younger kids have done a good job filling in, just not a better job as you imply.
All good kids and players. Each with different strengths and weaknesses. The faster this defense can attack and get to the ball the better. Whoever is playing in whatever position. #48 really stood out against Nederland with his aggressive play. How about #3 and #7 at OLB. They are all over the field making plays. That’s the strategy that Joseph and McDaniel brought with them. And the staff has really coached up the tackling to a level that’s been missing for years.

The defense will return 8 defensive players next season with either starting experience or significant playing time. Along with the great seniors that are leading the way this season, the present and future look bright. A lot more wins ahead this year and next.

100+ Posts
Texas City vs Nederland game just now ended, with TC on top 42-7. What a difference 1 week makes.

NEXT GAMEDAY

PN-G Indians (3-0)
vs.
Lake Creek Lions (2-1)

Friday, Sept. 27, 7:00PM

Indian Stadium

PN-G INDIANS FOOTBALL

I could not be more proud of our team and our community. The spirit here is unmatched! I am so lucky to be a part of it and to wear the purple and white! The journey of this football season, with these coaches and our players, will stay with me forever.  -- PN-G Head Coach Jeff Joseph

Scores